Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Turning a blind eye to terrorist organizations means that you are comfortable with this type of risk.

Death is a tragedy but they all knew they were sharing a building with Hamas.
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Turning a blind eye to terrorist organizations means that you are comfortable with this type of risk.

Death is a tragedy but they all knew they were sharing a building with Hamas.
    lol

literately the exact reasoning terrorists use

you're a lunatic lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Israel uses precision attacks at actual military fortifications. Hamas fires blindly into Israel.

Only an anti Semitic POS (which is the now common place amongst democrats) would make this comparison.

Absolute poison.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    If you think Israel should do a better job in selecting targets and be more restrained in their actions. That's okay. It's holding Israel to a high standard.

If you support Hamas then I have no hope for you.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    https://apnews.com/article/israel-pa...c27000c74b?new

Good news that a ceasefire has been achieved. Likely expect a new Netanyahu government to be instilled soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    If you think Israel should do a better job in selecting targets and be more restrained in their actions. That's okay. It's holding Israel to a high standard.

If you support Hamas then I have no hope for you.
    Unfortunately Hamas and the right wing Israeli government are 2 sides of the same coin. They're the Joker and Batman, they only exist with each other. Hamas loves that government because it leads to more recruitment. Israel's right wing government loves Hamas because they keep them in power.

Hamas is deplorable, they should be ousted, but killing civilians and levelling buildings that are important to the people isn't the way to do that. Especially as the hints are that Hamas is gaining popularity in other parts of Palestine.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Unfortunately Hamas and the right wing Israeli government are 2 sides of the same coin. They're the Joker and Batman, they only exist with each other. Hamas loves that government because it leads to more recruitment. Israel's right wing government loves Hamas because they keep them in power.

Hamas is deplorable, they should be ousted, but killing civilians and levelling buildings that are important to the people isn't the way to do that. Especially as the hints are that Hamas is gaining popularity in other parts of Palestine.

You do realize that hamas use schools, businesses and other buildings as human shields?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    You do realize that hamas use schools, businesses and other buildings as human shields?
    You do realize that Israel uses Hamas as a justification to kill Civilians too right? Hamas is despicable, but ask yourself why do they get to keep power if they're so bad? Because what people perceive as the Alternative is Israel destroying the state of Palestine. And the same is true of the other side. The right wing Israeli government stays in power by ensuring that people are appropriately afraid of the Palestinians.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    What are the settlements if not human shields?

I’m just continually amazed at the lack of any sense of decency or fairness from people on this issue. Like, Israel’s lip service to human rights—and that’s all it is—somehow erases the massive human rights abuses that just permanently exist in the occupied territories. If you’re buying that line, you’re buying propaganda.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-21-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Israel uses precision attacks at actual military fortifications. Hamas fires blindly into Israel.

Only an anti Semitic POS (which is the now common place amongst democrats) would make this comparison.

Absolute poison.
    lol holy **** lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Gaza is an open-air prison.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/bomb-t...-minutes-after

Hmmmmm, seems like Belarus is acting more like Russia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Germany’s government acknowledged on Friday that it committed genocide during its colonial occupation of what is now Namibia and promised more than $1 billion in development projects in communities descended from victims.

The announcement from Germany’s foreign ministry comes after more than five years of negotiations between Berlin and Windhoek, the Namibian capital, where the news was received cautiously as a “first step in the right direction,” according to the president’s spokesman. Germany refused direct reparations that victims’ descendants had lobbied for, and said development projects would be carried out over the next 30 years.

The acknowledgment came more than 100 years after the genocide — a stark contrast with the public recognition and deeply imbued sense of national shame around the Holocaust that has become part of Germany’s modern identity.

Between 1904 and 1908, German colonial forces in what was then known as South West Africa brutally quashed a rebellion spearheaded by the Herero and Nama tribes against the seizing of land and livestock by colonists, killing at least 65,000 Herero and 10,000 Nama. Many were driven into the Kalahari desert where the colonial administration had built labor and concentration camps and died there of starvation and exhaustion. Researchers estimate that as many as 80 percent of the Herero and half of the Nama people were killed.

“It was, and continues to be, our aim to find a common path towards real reconciliation in the memory of the victims,” said German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas in a statement. “This requires us to be unreserved and unflinching in naming the events of the German colonial period in what is now Namibia, and especially the atrocities of the period 1904 to 1908. We will from now on officially call these events what they are from a contemporary perspective: a genocide.”

As news of an agreement trickled out over the past two weeks, Herero and Nama leaders issued a joint statement rejecting the deal and condemning its lack of direct reparations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ibia-genocide/
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-28-2021 at 07:40 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Mackenzie needs to be SecDef at some point.

Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Comparing militaries is a very tricky business. For example, there's a tweet in there about China having an advantage in land based conventional ballistic and cruise missiles. Of course they do. Why would we be investing money in land based platforms? Our military is designed to project power into other theaters and so we need to invest in platforms that can do that. Ship launched, sub launched, and air launched platforms accomplish that goal. Land based doesn't

Right now China is building a military to try to exercise influence in a region. The goal of the US military is influence the entire globe. So comparing the two doesn't always work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Sure, everything they do is geared either to getting them into Taiwan or keeping us out of the South China Sea. But thousands of their land based missiles have ranges in excess of 1000 miles, and precisely zero of our naval aviation or sea launched cruise missiles can reach that far. I don't think any of the carrier planes can make it 500 miles and back without multiple in air refuelings. I'm sure there are tricks up the sleeve, but Milley's version of the story is a bit optimistic.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Sure, everything they do is geared either to getting them into Taiwan or keeping us out of the South China Sea. But thousands of their land based missiles have ranges in excess of 1000 miles, and precisely zero of our naval aviation or sea launched cruise missiles can reach that far. I don't think any of the carrier planes can make it 500 miles and back without multiple in air refuelings. I'm sure there are tricks up the sleeve, but Milley's version of the story is a bit optimistic.
    Give me a missile I can launch from a sub that goes 500 miles over one launched from land that goes 1,000 any day. The ability to move it around and position it where you wish gives you far greater range than a land based platform.

And mid-air refueling is a big advantage. We fly bombing missions out of Missouri. If you can pack a missile with a 500 mile range on a bomber that can fly anywhere in the world, that's way better than a land based missile that can go 1,000 miles.

I think China does still have a ways to go to take Taiwan mainly because of the problems an amphibious invasion presents. It's a tricky operation and one that can be planned against.