Haha sure sure

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    sturg, do you think the US should not be a super power any longer, and are you ok with China replacing us as the head honcho?
    Forever Fredi

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I mean, he came out as fascist

But thethes hate of the west and love of Russia/Putin with all these replies is insane even for our board fascist
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    sturg, do you think the US should not be a super power any longer, and are you ok with China replacing us as the head honcho?
    Oh sorry I can't answer I can't out as fascist. My parents aren't happy

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I was obviously talking about thethe.

But if you did so as well

Congratulations on being true to yourself. Although it’s just you following thethe, again
    Last edited by goldfly; 03-11-2022 at 12:09 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Shocking news. The bank caught multiple times laundering billions for Russia and also gave Trump loans despite his toxic credit history refused calls to pull out of Russia.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    i think the wet dream that thethe and sturg have been nursing all these years has been a grand alliance behind Vlad the Bad, very poorly chosen one, Marine Le Pen, Victor Orban and Nigel Farage against the Cosmopolitans of Davos and the Woke Mob.

Vlad the Bad's invasion of Ukraine shattered the illusions underpinning this wet dream. But not entirely. Witness thethe valiantly amplifying the deza about chemical weapons labs and sturg's passive aggressive whataboutisms. Dreams die hard sometimes.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-11-2022 at 06:44 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    i think the wet dream that thethe and sturg have been nursing all these years has been a grand alliance behind Vlad the Bad, very poorly chosen one, Marine Le Pen, Victor Orban and Nigel Farage against the Cosmopolitans of Davos and the Woke Mob.

Vlad the Bad's invasion of Ukraine shattered the illusions underpinning this wet dream. But not entirely. Witness thethe valiantly amplifying the deza about chemical weapons labs and sturg's passive aggressive whataboutisms. Dreams die hard sometimes.
    Against the ccp actually. We are going to crush the party of davos at the polls starting in November. Without the teet of America the party of davos becomes more and more irrelevant. The ccp is the real war where we need Russia.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Last edited by thethe; 03-11-2022 at 07:15 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The erosion of the bipartisan post-war consensus has been going on for a while now. In 2016 we had two major presidential candidates, very poorly chosen one and Bernie Sanders, who clearly rejected it. One of them was actually elected. It was fed by public dissatisfaction with the outcomes of various foreign interventions, especially in Iraq and Afghanistan. It included an anti-NATO strand (of which thethe and sturg are enthusiastic members). Most (but not all) of this anti-NATO strand was willing to at least tacitly accept Russian interference in our elections.

Vlad the Bad's war in Ukraine has significance. Among other things, it has upended this slide toward isolationism that could well have culminated in the emasculation of NATO. The reaction in public opinion has been strong here, but even stronger in Europe. The big question is how lasting the change in public opinion will be. Will there continue to be strong support for a more militarily muscular Germany.

I think China has actually been a peripheral issue among those who have been opposed to the post-war consensus. It could possibly become a central issue. It could be a unifying issue as part of a new consensus. Or it could remain peripheral in terms of what it means for the North Atlantic alliance. In Asia, we probably need an entirely different coalition. Its outlines are not difficult to discern. Japan, India and Australia certainly. Maybe South Korea. And some smaller countries such as Singapore. Taiwan obviously. I think events in Ukraine could influence the development and cohesiveness of this Pacific alliance. But not in a major way.

For now, Russia/Ukraine and China look like different propositions to me. Not wholly isolated from each other. But not strongly linked either. Could change, especially if China takes an active role in helping Russia circumvent the effects of the sanctions.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-11-2022 at 07:14 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The erosion of the bipartisan post-war consensus has been going on for a while now. In 2016 we had two major presidential candidates, very poorly chosen one and Bernie Sanders, who clearly rejected it. One of them was actually elected. It was fed by public dissatisfaction with the outcomes of various foreign interventions, especially in Iraq and Afghanistan. It included an anti-NATO strand (of which thethe and sturg are enthusiastic members). Most (but not all) of this anti-NATO strand was willing to at least tacitly accept Russian interference in our elections.

Vlad the Bad's war in Ukraine has significance. Among other things, it has upended this slide toward isolationism that could well have culminated in the emasculation of NATO. The reaction in public opinion has been strong here, but even stronger in Europe. The big question is how lasting the change in public opinion will be. Will there continue to be strong support for a more militarily muscular Germany.

I think China has actually been a peripheral issue among those who have been opposed to the post-war consensus. It could possibly become a central issue. It could be a unifying issue as part of a new consensus. Or it could remain peripheral in terms of what it means for the North Atlantic alliance. In Asia, we probably need an entirely different coalition. Its outlines are not difficult to discern. Japan, India and Australia certainly. Maybe South Korea. And some smaller countries such as Singapore. Taiwan obviously. I think events in Ukraine could influence the development and cohesiveness of this Pacific alliance. But not in a major way.

For now, Russia/Ukraine and China look like different propositions to me. Not wholly isolated from each other. But not strongly linked either. Could change, especially if China takes an active role in helping Russia circumvent the effects of the sanctions.
    Recent elections in SK and India show that a strong sense of nationalism is alive and well in all parts of the world.

Russia influenced our elections just like we influence elections around the world. What you think happened was actually Deza from the Obama/HRC unholy alliance. But you were very happy to spread that....
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Another unintended consequence of a war with Putin. The great 'leaders' of the west can't seem to understand what the chess board looks like now and where its going to be in 10 years. Allowing the CCP to sink their teeth into Russia at this time is going to be a massive mistake.

Putin is going to not be a factor at some point but the CCP will continue to operate as it is until their people overthrow them.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Recent elections in SK and India show that a strong sense of nationalism is alive and well in all parts of the world.

Russia influenced our elections just like we influence elections around the world. What you think happened was actually Deza from the Obama/HRC unholy alliance. But you were very happy to spread that....
    I think SK has a political system that oscillates between conservative/more hardline toward NK candidates and more liberal ones like the outgoing president. The election was very close (less than 1% separating the top 2). I wouldn't read too much into it. But I do think we should be paying attention to how Ukraine reverberates in upcoming elections.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-11-2022 at 07:38 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I think SK has a political system that oscillates between conservative/more hardline toward NK candidates and more liberal ones like the outgoing president. The election was very close (less than 1% separating the top 2). I wouldn't read too much into it. But I do think we should be paying attention to how Ukraine reverberates in upcoming elections.
    I wonder what the polish people will think about the US trying to coax them into starting WW3.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Here's an article on polling for the upcoming French elections. Macron was building a lead even before Ukraine. I imagine he will get a boost from it and Le Pen will be hurt.

https://graphics.reuters.com/FRANCE-...S/zjvqkomzlvx/

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Here's an article on polling for the upcoming French elections. Macron was building a lead even before Ukraine. I imagine he will get a boost from it and Le Pen will be hurt.

https://graphics.reuters.com/FRANCE-...S/zjvqkomzlvx/
    The real test is when either Zemmour or Le Pen are not on the ballot.

France is a good indicator what “Western” Europe will do though so I agree with you on that.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The real test is when either Zemmour or Le Pen are not on the ballot.

France is a good indicator what “Western” Europe will do though so I agree with you on that.
    Interestingly, the far left candidate (Mélenchon) is also anti-NATO. He has been gaining in the polls. But I don't see him making the runoff.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Interestingly, the far left candidate (Mélenchon) is also anti-NATO. He has been gaining in the polls. But I don't see him making the runoff.
    Populism has a two headed monster right now for sure.

There is a large subset of the world population outside of third world countries that are sick of feeling always behind the 8-ball under the "Rules based post war international order". These are mostly blue collar middle to lower class people that haven't been able to seamlessly transition into the technological dependent world. The trending of this grouping is growing as consolidation of wealth gets more and more extreme.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Left populism based upon fear of economic and technological change is a thang. But it is not a new thang. Goes back to the Luddites, and likely even further back.

There is also a left utopianism that would harness technology to make a more just society. Also a quite old political tradition.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-11-2022 at 08:31 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Fauchi and Collins are responsible for what we are seeing right now. The US being embarrassed on the global stage. We lost the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Biological Labs.
    Natural Immunity Croc