Page 321 of 425 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 8494

Thread: Global Events & Politics Überthread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    WASHINGTON—Ukraine has signaled that it will make major new requests for weapons from the U.S. and its allies, including a long-range missile system Washington has declined to provide, as Kyiv presses a successful offensive that has reclaimed thousands of square miles from Russian forces.

A document shared with U.S. lawmakers and viewed by The Wall Street Journal lists dozens of types of armaments the Kyiv government says it will need to press its offensive into 2023.

Among them are the Army Tactical Missile System, or ATACMS, which has a range of about 190 miles. The Biden administration, which has dispatched more than $15 billion worth of weapons and other security assistance to Ukraine, has declined to provide that system over concerns Ukraine could use it to strike Russian territory and spark a wider conflict with the West.

Ukraine’s list of requirements for “offensive operations” includes 29 types of weapon systems and ammunition. Among them are tanks, drones, artillery systems; more Harpoon antiship missiles; and 2,000 missiles for the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, or Himars, which the U.S. began providing earlier this year.

It follows the recent publication of a strategy statement by Valeriy Zaluzhny, the commander in chief of Ukraine’s force, and Mykhailo Zabrodsky, a member of the Ukrainian parliament and a senior military officer who led the most significant Ukrainian counterattack in the 2014 war with Russia.

They argued that Russia has long-range cruise missiles that greatly outdistance the systems in the Ukrainian inventory. A turning point could come if the Ukrainians also had longer-range systems, they argued, specifically mentioning the ATACMS.

“The only way to radically change the strategic situation is, without a doubt, for the Armed Forces of Ukraine to launch several consecutive, and ideally, simultaneous counterattacks during the 2023 campaign,” they wrote.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine...d=hp_lead_pos2
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,303 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Depends on the person.

I don't think any level of torture is too much for people like Klaus and Fauchi.
    I think your heart is the right spot. Truly. There’s a lot wrong with our institutions and I admire your capacity for caring.

But may I suggest communicating in a less Goebels like fashion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I think your heart is the right spot. Truly. There’s a lot wrong with our institutions and I admire your capacity for caring.

But may I suggest communicating in a less Goebels like fashion.
    Suggest noted - But I'd also advise that you consider until examples are made the powerful wait for the people to inevitably lose interest with their 'plans' and care more about their own lives. Its a never ending cycle until the powerful are made aware they can't sacrifice the livelihoods of the people.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,303 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    WASHINGTON—Ukraine has signaled that it will make major new requests for weapons from the U.S. and its allies, including a long-range missile system Washington has declined to provide, as Kyiv presses a successful offensive that has reclaimed thousands of square miles from Russian forces.

A document shared with U.S. lawmakers and viewed by The Wall Street Journal lists dozens of types of armaments the Kyiv government says it will need to press its offensive into 2023.

Among them are the Army Tactical Missile System, or ATACMS, which has a range of about 190 miles. The Biden administration, which has dispatched more than $15 billion worth of weapons and other security assistance to Ukraine, has declined to provide that system over concerns Ukraine could use it to strike Russian territory and spark a wider conflict with the West.

Ukraine’s list of requirements for “offensive operations” includes 29 types of weapon systems and ammunition. Among them are tanks, drones, artillery systems; more Harpoon antiship missiles; and 2,000 missiles for the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, or Himars, which the U.S. began providing earlier this year.

I assume the US will foot 95% of this bill. The Germans the other 5%. The rest of Europe will donate some hot soup and blankets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    I assume the US will foot 95% of this bill. The Germans the other 5%. The rest of Europe will donate some hot soup and blankets.
    You think the Germans will put in this much after the economy collapses when nobody can afford heat?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts

It follows the recent publication of a strategy statement by Valeriy Zaluzhny, the commander in chief of Ukraine’s force, and Mykhailo Zabrodsky, a member of the Ukrainian parliament and a senior military officer who led the most significant Ukrainian counterattack in the 2014 war with Russia.

They argued that Russia has long-range cruise missiles that greatly outdistance the systems in the Ukrainian inventory. A turning point could come if the Ukrainians also had longer-range systems, they argued, specifically mentioning the ATACMS.

“The only way to radically change the strategic situation is, without a doubt, for the Armed Forces of Ukraine to launch several consecutive, and ideally, simultaneous counterattacks during the 2023 campaign,” they wrote.

Siri - Why are we getting bombarded from all angles about this new Ukraine 'successful' offensive?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    There are hundreds of thousands of refugees that are being housed, fed, clothed, etc by Poland and other neighboring countries. None of that happens without substantial allocation of resources.

Personally I am in favor of war reparations perhaps financed by a tax on Russian oil and gas exports. See below for an interesting proposal.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...usmann-2022-02

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    There are hundreds of thousands of refugees that are being housed, fed, clothed, etc by Poland and other neighboring countries. None of that happens without substantial allocation of resources.
    So hot soup and blankets....
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,303 Posts
    You think the Germans will put in this much after the economy collapses when nobody can afford heat?
    Say what you will but at least the Germans are pretending to help. They are like the guy who volunteers to bring chips to a cook out. Maybe not the most expensive or time consuming gesture, but considerate nonetheless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Siri - Why are we getting bombarded from all angles about this new Ukraine 'successful' offensive?
    Siri sez you're an adolescent idiot.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,303 Posts

Personally I am in favor of war reparations perhaps financed by a tax on Russian oil and gas exports. See below for an interesting proposal.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...usmann-2022-02
    I applaud and admire them and others who are participating in the humanitarian efforts. But if this is a war on Europe’s continent, I would like to not just be us who are providing the munitions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Say what you will but at least the Germans are pretending to help. They are like the guy who volunteers to bring chips to a cook out. Maybe not the most expensive or time consuming gesture, but considerate nonetheless.
    Fair enough
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Siri sez you're an adolescent idiot.
    Your siri is programmed for those that don't want to see the world for what it is.

What a coincidence that THIS is the time these requests come out.

Did we ever get an accounting of all the billions we sent over? Or we are just going to pretend its actually going to defend the people of Ukraine?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,332 Posts
    I applaud and admire them and others who are participating in the humanitarian efforts. But if this is a war on Europe’s continent, I would like to not just be us who are providing the munitions.
    Or the majority of the money.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    Nazis aren't gonna fund themselves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    When will the benefactors of this war funding get an accounting of where the money is going?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Your siri is programmed for those that don't want to see the world for what it is.

What a coincidence that THIS is the time these requests come out.

Did we ever get an accounting of all the billions we sent over? Or we are just going to pretend its actually going to defend the people of Ukraine?
    That's very insulting to Siri. She has a mind of her own and always speaks the truth. At least more so than most posters around here, including you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    That's very insulting to Siri. She has a mind of her own and always speaks the truth. At least more so than most posters around here, including you.
    What does she say about the vaccines?

How about COVID origination?

How about the pepper spray insurrection?

Sounds like she just says things that you and all the other idiot progressives buy into as long as big daddy tells you what to think
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    What does she say about the vaccines?

How about COVID origination?

How about the pepper spray insurrection?

Sounds like she just says things that you and all the other idiot progressives buy into as long as big daddy tells you what to think
    Get thee thine own research assistant.