Page 12 of 425 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Events & Politics Überthread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Venezulan minimum monthly income of 197500 Bolivar now equals just over 1 cent American per hour of work.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2017/10/26...ental-disorder

This is some seriously ****ed up ****. Muslim from Saudi Arabia slashes a woman's throat with a knife and tries to murder her after listening to an audio version of the Quran. The judge found him not guilty saying he was temporarily insane. The kicker to me is that the prosecution even advocated he be found not guilty.......... wtf Canadia. I hope they lynch that mother****er and hang him from a tree outside a mosque to send them a message that this won't be tolerated.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

Water smugglers? How ****ing low are we as a society that bringing water across a border is a crime. Good lord send the SWAT team someone is attempting to smuggle water.

It’s over."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-04-2017)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post

Water smugglers? How ****ing low are we as a society that bringing water across a border is a crime. Good lord send the SWAT team someone is attempting to smuggle water.
    This is precisely where we're headed thanks to the untold horrors we've wrought upon the North American West and the globe at large.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I hope you guys realize that video is satire lol.
    Forever Fredi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-04-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Good. Its getting harder to tell these days.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...7-d1b2efaf80f8

Figment of my imagination. Nothing to do with Islam or mass migration.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...7-d1b2efaf80f8

Figment of my imagination. Nothing to do with Islam or mass migration.
    Unfortunately this isn't the first time Germany has held this title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Unfortunately this isn't the first time Germany has held this title.
    It's always Germanys fault. Somehow...someway

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    It's always Germanys fault. Somehow...someway
    You know I don't totally disagree with your take on radical Islam, though to be honest I do think you get a little carried away with it sometimes (which is still totally your right to do) but I have a question that the answer to will go along with your point about Germany.

When the Russians had surrounded Berlin in 1945 and the German forces were fighting to the death against the Russian invaders, mostly SS guys and those German forces who had the misfortune of getting stuck there when the Russians surrounded the city, there was one other force of fanatical fighters who stayed with the Germans there pretty much to the end. Wanna guess who they were?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    You know I don't totally disagree with your take on radical Islam, though to be honest I do think you get a little carried away with it sometimes (which is still totally your right to do) but I have a question that the answer to will go along with your point about Germany.

When the Russians had surrounded Berlin in 1945 and the German forces were fighting to the death against the Russian invaders, mostly SS guys and those German forces who had the misfortune of getting stuck there when the Russians surrounded the city, there was one other force of fanatical fighters who stayed with the Germans there pretty much to the end. Wanna guess who they were?
    The connections between Islam and nazi Germany have been researched and discussed many times. It's well known there were 'silent' agreements as they were both trying to achieve the same goals.

We are seeing a similar partnership in Europe now between antifa and ISIS.

I get that I come across as bigoted when I talk about the evils of Islam. Thsee beliefs I have were not taught to me by anyone. All you have to do is read some news reporting based in Europe to understand how destabilizing muslim migration has been.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I get that I come across as bigoted when I talk about the evils of Islam. Thsee beliefs I have were not taught to me by anyone. All you have to do is read some news reporting based in Europe to understand how destabilizing muslim migration has been.
    I didn't say bigoted, I just said "carried away a bit". :)

Radical Islam absolutely IS a danger worldwide, most Muslims are not radical, dangerous to us, or homicidal, but those who are, really really really are dangerous. There are a lot of facets and angles to this whole subject but my basic viewpoint is, if they aren't hurting us or other people then let's leave them alone, if they are hurting or attacking us then yeah we need to do something about it, but those who say we create more terrorists or future terrorists when we bomb indiscriminately in the Middle East (and I've been one of them over the years) really do have a point as well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-10-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/o...l-right-region

Is South Korea’s Alliance with the United States Worth It?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-10-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201711070020.html

All is fair in love and war for U.S. CEO-in-chief Donald Trump

At a joint news conference with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Trump declared that one very important thing is Abe “is going to be purchasing massive amounts of military equipment, as he should.”

While touting their superior capabilities--that they can speedily and instantaneously shoot down missiles from the sky, and so on--Trump went on to add that their sales would mean "a lot of jobs" for Americans.

The bluntness of his spiel took me aback to the point of wondering if I'd misheard. Apparently, I still want to believe in the dignity of the U.S. presidency.

Jon Spoelstra, a sports marketer who authored "Ice to the Eskimos: How to Market a Product Nobody Wants," stresses the importance of making one's client a "bona fide, real-life hero."

I could not help thinking of Spoelstra’s ground rule when I heard Trump repeating he was standing up to North Korea's threat together with Japanese citizens. In Trump's mind, the line between dealing with North Korea and conducting business with Japan is probably much more blurred than we think.

Abe's diplomacy with Trump oozed with the spirit of "omotenashi" (hospitality) as both leaders sported identical caps and played golf with a Japanese pro.

Come to think of it, Trump proved himself to be the ultimate businessman, rivaled by none, who apparently had no qualms about hard-selling his wares to his generous host.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    What do you think about Saudi Arabia and associated regional developments, [MENTION=266]Hawk[/MENTION]?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Middle East is about to explode. Iran and the Saudis will be fighting proximity wars for a long time. Hope it doesn't break out into direct conflict.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    What do you think about Saudi Arabia and associated regional developments, [MENTION=266]Hawk[/MENTION]?
    Intriguing. MBS has been extremely aggressive since assuming additional power, starting with the Qatari blockade. I see the recent mass arrests of Saudi royalty/senior players as a pure power consolidation play, and I don't think that it's coincidental that Bin Talal is one of the key figures to go down. Saudi governance is esoteric, so a tear-down of the system (under the guises of anti-corruption) seems like some sort of progress even if it's authoritarian in nature. Of course, the takeaway here is that these moves were, at the very least, sanctioned (given that Kushner recently spent some significant bro-time with MBS, I'd said personally sanctioned ... and I just can't shake the notion that Bin Talal was a straight-up head on a plate for Trump) by the United States.

If you agree with the general premise of that takeaway, then you won't find the happenings of the past 24 hours, in relation to Iran, particularly surprising. Oddly enough, I think there's an Israeli component to all of this, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Intriguing. MBS has been extremely aggressive since assuming additional power, starting with the Qatari blockade. I see the recent mass arrests of Saudi royalty/senior players as a pure power consolidation play, and I don't think that it's coincidental that Bin Talal is one of the key figures to go down. Saudi governance is esoteric, so a tear-down of the system (under the guises of anti-corruption) seems like some sort of progress even if it's authoritarian in nature. Of course, the takeaway here is that these moves were, at the very least, sanctioned (given that Kushner recently spent some significant bro-time with MBS, I'd said personally sanctioned ... and I just can't shake the notion that Bin Talal was a straight-up head on a plate for Trump) by the United States.

If you agree with the general premise of that takeaway, then you won't find the happenings of the past 24 hours, in relation to Iran, particularly surprising. Oddly enough, I think there's an Israeli component to all of this, too.
    I agree across the board. Also that Israeli interests are aligned nicely with MBS right now, and that might have some consequences on the ground pretty soon.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    i was thinking yesterday if this was in anyway similar to when Bin Laden pretty much was sent away from the kingdom etc and chances of any of these rich guys following the same way
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    a tear-down of the system (under the guises of anti-corruption) seems like some sort of progress even if it's authoritarian in nature.
    I said I agreed across the board, I have to offer a caveat on that this bit...not that I think it's necessarily wrong, just because I can't opine on it. Otherwise, yeah, my take is the same.