Page 71 of 424 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 8479

Thread: Global Events & Politics Überthread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...p-packets-van/

Roofer in the UK fined 300 pounds for having trash in a bag in his vehicle without a license to carry trash. Article says he was pulled over while driving by council workers. WTF. They then searched his vehicle and wrote him a ticket for having sandwich wrappers and crisp packets in a bag in his vehicle. Reason #1442652046 why I will always oppose giving government power.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Boris Johnson is officially going to be the next UK PM. I feel like brushing your hair should be a requirement to be a world leader. Its not in my top 1 million voting issues but I never thought it would be an issue.

It’s over."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    ... you support Bernie

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (07-24-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I was trying to bait thethe by leaving that out. Its not going to affect my vote but I still think its weird that anyone could get within a sniff of being a world leader without brushing their hair. I dont care about the right or left. I am on my side. Not Democrats. Not Republicans. I am a one issue voter and that issue is me not being incarcerated and treated like a criminal and/or a second class citizen. I go to work, work hard, never taken a dime from the government and never will, I just want to feel safe and secure in my home. I have said numerous times I would even vote for Trump if he provides that.

As for Boris Johnson I know next to nothing about him. Seems like a chill dude. Might be way off but he reminds me a lot of Gary Johnson.

It’s over."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I was trying to bait thethe by leaving that out. Its not going to affect my vote but I still think its weird that anyone could get within a sniff of being a world leader without brushing their hair. I dont care about the right or left. I am on my side. Not Democrats. Not Republicans. I am a one issue voter and that issue is me not being incarcerated and treated like a criminal and/or a second class citizen. I go to work, work hard, never taken a dime from the government and never will, I just want to feel safe and secure in my home. I have said numerous times I would even vote for Trump if he provides that.

As for Boris Johnson I know next to nothing about him. Seems like a chill dude. Might be way off but he reminds me a lot of Gary Johnson.

You are aware that at least 95% of the police departments in the US don’t jam you up for simple possession? If you have a clean record, and are respectful to the cops; they’ll give you a simple possession ticket. The jails arent full of nice, hardworking people whose only crime is smoking pot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    659,000 people were arrested for marijuana possession in 2017. 599,282 out of that 659k were for possession of marijuana only. From 2001 to 2010 over 8.2 million people were arrested for marijuana possession with 88% being for possession alone. That 5% of police departments sure are arresting a **** load of people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/02/n...olice-nyc.html

Here is a New York Times article about the shady tactics the NYPD used to arrest people for marijuana after it was decriminalized. There was an exception for marijuana being in plain view. Eventually the NYPD figured out a loophole. Ask a suspect to empty his pockets and if they take out the marijuana its not in public view and an arrest-able offense. Another tactic was to tell people "if you have marijuana give to me now, if you dont and I search and find it there going to be a problem.". Then when the person gives it to the officer its now in plain view and he is arrested.

One other part of this that bothers me is that the law should not be applied differently based on "respect" shown to cops or how much anyone supports them. I see time and time again people feel the need to say "I have always supported law enforcement" when issuing a complaint or talking about how they were mistreated. I dont like when people antagonize cops in public but the law is not meant to be a weapon to punish people you dont like. Enforcing the law like that is the exact opposite of integrity. I can understand the attitude as we are all human and I could accept that it goes on a little bit but not the the extent it does today. Anything but licking cops boots is taken as disrespect and not supporting police to them. It should be wholly unacceptable that "contempt of cop" and "pissing off police" are widely used phrases within police departments when citing why someone was arrested.

For an example, please go look at the video in the thread I posted called "You be the judge". The cop throughout the video accuses this kid of disrespecting him and having a bad attitude towards police. Can you honestly tell me that it was the kid being disrespectful in any way to the police officer and that the kid was not the one being disrespected? The kid is visibly upset at whats going on but he should have been. Be sure to watch for my favorite part where the cop says that he pulled him from the vehicle because he had called his mom and put her on speaker phone, the cop literally says thats what violent criminals do..... call their mother....... Its also about a split second after the cop sees that he put his mom on speaker phone that he pulls him from the vehicle.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 07-25-2019 at 01:04 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

Perfect example of what I am talking about. Cop arrests a man for jaywalking because he didnt like his attitude. This cop is very clearly a bad apple. Imagine cops were required to get liability insurance for lawsuits they cause and you are the insurance company. You have a profit motive. Would you insure this guy? Would you insure him but charge him out the ass? The government on the other hand has no profit motive and can any number of ways to forcibly take more money from the public. Why should they care, its not their money. There are cops who have caused cities to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars and even over a million dollars over several lawsuits that are still actively employed.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post

Do you have a view on politicians who use combs for purposes other than combing their hair.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    N Korea
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Do you have a view on politicians who use combs for purposes other than combing their hair.
    No

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Those poor people. Going from living in a capitalist system to a communist state.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Those poor people. Going from living in a capitalist system to a communist state.
    People that understand what that means will risk their lives to fight against it. A lesson to be learned for America.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    People that understand what that means will risk their lives to fight against it. A lesson to be learned for America.
    Considering Hong Kong is 2x smaller than the State of Rhode Island it's pretty silly to even compare Americans voting for social programs like Healthcare to fighting for freedom and against Chinese oppression.

No amount of guns or economic freedom could save them from the wrath of Mainland China.

The only thing that could possibly stop China from actually taking over HK or Taiwan completely is of course US.

So far the people who have gained the most political positioning in the world since 45 took over are: North Korea, China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Iran. Clearly these countries aren't reading the same websites thethe and krgrecw are that say they are all afraid of Trump.
    Forever Fredi

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    WWII and the Cold War taught us how bad ultra-nationalism is, but here come the Trumpers talking about Hong Kong, something they know so little about.

Do you know why they're protesting? It's because of an extradition bill. People in Hong Kong fear that the bill will lead to more involvement with Chinese extradition.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    WWII and the Cold War taught us how bad ultra-nationalism is, but here come the Trumpers talking about Hong Kong, something they know so little about.

Do you know why they're protesting? It's because of an extradition bill. People in Hong Kong fear that the bill will lead to more involvement with Chinese extradition.
    That is a small part. Its another move where china is exerting more influence/power and the prople see it. They have to take a stand now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Considering Hong Kong is 2x smaller than the State of Rhode Island it's pretty silly to even compare Americans voting for social programs like Healthcare to fighting for freedom and against Chinese oppression.

No amount of guns or economic freedom could save them from the wrath of Mainland China.

The only thing that could possibly stop China from actually taking over HK or Taiwan completely is of course US.

So far the people who have gained the most political positioning in the world since 45 took over are: North Korea, China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Iran. Clearly these countries aren't reading the same websites thethe and krgrecw are that say they are all afraid of Trump.
    The china that is crumbling internally and forgivung debt in africa.

Sure, trump made them stronger. You continue to think that.

Russia is nothing. Pretending otherwise continues the dellusion.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post

The economic status of Russia, China and Iran have all decreased drastically since Trump took office.