Page 120 of 425 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 8489

Thread: Global Events & Politics Überthread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What’s happening in France is fascinating. Generals and citizens have had enough with the globalist rule.

Populism is only getting stronger around the world.
    The Return of Gaulism. Having a little historic perspective never hurts.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    This person is stupid and should have spent more than 10 seconds researching why people were pissed Musk was asked to host SNL during a pandemic.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/26/some...ting-show.html

Andrew Dismukes, another cast member, also gave his take in an Instagram story. Over a photo of SNL alumna Cheri Oteri, which looked like a magazine cover, Dismukes wrote “ONLY CEO I WANT TO DO A SKETCH WITH IS Cher-E Oteri.”

A third cast member, Aidy Bryant, subtly criticized Musk, too. In an Instagram story, Bryant shared a tweet from former presidential candidate and Senator Bernie Sanders. In it, Sanders criticized the sharp wealth inequality in the country, noting that “the 50 wealthiest people in this country own more wealth than some 165 million Americans” and he called that “a moral obscenity.”

Sudi Green, a writer for SNL, shared the same Sanders’ post, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post
    So we aren't supposed to trust this GOP State Senator who is now saying the audit makes them look stupid, the Republican Board of Supervisors in Maricopa County, the Republican Governor in Arizona, the AP, the New York Times, the Justice Department, CBS, ABC, NBC...throw in the CDC, the FBI, whoever else is on the list these days.
    You forgot the Republican Attorney General of Arizona.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/26/some...ting-show.html

Andrew Dismukes, another cast member, also gave his take in an Instagram story. Over a photo of SNL alumna Cheri Oteri, which looked like a magazine cover, Dismukes wrote “ONLY CEO I WANT TO DO A SKETCH WITH IS Cher-E Oteri.”

A third cast member, Aidy Bryant, subtly criticized Musk, too. In an Instagram story, Bryant shared a tweet from former presidential candidate and Senator Bernie Sanders. In it, Sanders criticized the sharp wealth inequality in the country, noting that “the 50 wealthiest people in this country own more wealth than some 165 million Americans” and he called that “a moral obscenity.”

Sudi Green, a writer for SNL, shared the same Sanders’ post, too.
    The idiots who lecture us about how serious climate change is, hate the guy who's doing the most to try to solve for it

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The idiots who lecture us about how serious climate change is, hate the guy who's doing the most to try to solve for it
    The biggest surprise of this whole story is that SNL still has enough relevance to actually make the news.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (05-11-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    The biggest surprise of this whole story is that SNL still has enough relevance to actually make the news.
    Based on their ratings they desperately needed the Elon bump.

But HE SAID THAT MEAN TWEET THAT ONE TIME!!!!

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Hmm. EVs have their own issues but they’re certainly better than IC as far as I’m concerned. Not really sure where Tesla’s going to end up there, globally. But it seems like becoming the public face of cryptocurrency is probably going so far in the other direction w/r/t climate as to make any positive contribution moot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So we aren't supposed to trust this GOP State Senator who is now saying the audit makes them look stupid, the Republican Board of Supervisors in Maricopa County, the Republican Governor in Arizona, the AP, the New York Times, the Justice Department, CBS, ABC, NBC...throw in the CDC, the FBI, whoever else is on the list these days.

But we should trust that an investigation led by Cyber Ninjas (who has already been seen to be violating basing norms that any accredited group would abide by and whose CEO was a Jan 6 participant) with the untrained contracting services of people like Anthony Kern (who is on the Brady List for his history of lying before becoming a GOP state rep) is going to be completely truthful and 100% accurate. No risk of confirmation bias at all, which happens to be one of the first things any auditor would be trained on.

Unless, of course, they find that Biden indeed won as the initial vote count and subsequent two audits by legitimate and accredited bodies determined. If they agree with that determination, then they too will be thrown to the dogs ala Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney and soon to be Larry Hogan and whoever else decides to preserve some dignity. At that point, I guess we'll have to find someone else to conduct an 'audit.'
    Is the R next to their name supposed to make them more credible? The old republican chamber of commerce guard can sink into the nothingness for all I care. What about the almost 50% of votrers with around 25% democrats who think the election was stolen? I guess you don’t care about them.

And please tell me you aren’t using the FBI and CIA as some sort of authority with how they’ve bungled almost every important thing the past 20 years. You go ahead and believe the purveyors of a fake dossier and WMD. Major media outlets? Surely you’re just trying to joke. But, if you want to talk about those media outlets how about the Time article that showed how the election was stolen, umm fortified.

You all seem to not understand what the outcome of an engagement like this looks like. There won’t be any storytelling creating a mistake. It will be clear. Tell me what is ambiguous about canvassing? What would you do if let’s say 50k votes were not traceable to a living legal person?
    Last edited by thethe; 05-10-2021 at 06:50 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The Return of Gaulism. Having a little historic perspective never hurts.
    The French people should have a government that cares most about them.

Globalists have pushed too far. This was inevitable.
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    If trump had an ability to play sports

This is what the republicans would do for him

Their boy in Russia “played” in a hockey game and surprisingly did great

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Just completely obsessed

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    If trump had an ability to play sports

This is what the republicans would do for him

Their boy in Russia “played” in a hockey game and surprisingly did great

You're Pavel Bure, arguably a top 10 Right Winger in NHL history, has to hold the hand of this grown child. And it's not like Bure is really old. He's 50, not 70.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You all seem to not understand what the outcome of an engagement like this looks like. There won’t be any storytelling creating a mistake. It will be clear. Tell me what is ambiguous about canvassing? What would you do if let’s say 50k votes were not traceable to a living legal person?
    This has already happened twice. One hand recount through the Republican-controlled elections supervisors in Maricopa. Once by independent auditing firms that are actually credentialed CPA firms. You won't believe anything the doesn't confirm your prior convictions, but that doesn't change the reality that has already been accepted by the vast majority of Americans and every legitimate body designed to carry out, investigate, and audit elections. We already know that what you are asserting isn't true, and we'll still know it isn't true when the loonies doing this 'audit' claim they have 'evidence' of something nefarious.

Ultimately the only outcome is that the election results will still be accurate, but more and more people will doubt their validity because Republicans somehow think that is the ticket to winning in the future. That is a terrible outcome for Democracy on the whole. The long-term impact will be interesting with 96% of Dems thinking Biden's win was legitimate, 61% of Independents, and 26% of Republicans (compare this to about 66% of Dems who said Trump's win was legitimate in 2016.) The Big Lie could really smack the Republicans in the face in a couple of years if Trump doesn't run and the Republican base believes elections are fake, which I guess is a good outcome for Dems but still a bad outcome for Democracy.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Cancel culture tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    This has already happened twice. One hand recount through the Republican-controlled elections supervisors in Maricopa. Once by independent auditing firms that are actually credentialed CPA firms. You won't believe anything the doesn't confirm your prior convictions, but that doesn't change the reality that has already been accepted by the vast majority of Americans and every legitimate body designed to carry out, investigate, and audit elections. We already know that what you are asserting isn't true, and we'll still know it isn't true when the loonies doing this 'audit' claim they have 'evidence' of something nefarious.

Ultimately the only outcome is that the election results will still be accurate, but more and more people will doubt their validity because Republicans somehow think that is the ticket to winning in the future. That is a terrible outcome for Democracy on the whole. The long-term impact will be interesting with 96% of Dems thinking Biden's win was legitimate, 61% of Independents, and 26% of Republicans (compare this to about 66% of Dems who said Trump's win was legitimate in 2016.) The Big Lie could really smack the Republicans in the face in a couple of years if Trump doesn't run and the Republican base believes elections are fake, which I guess is a good outcome for Dems but still a bad outcome for Democracy.
    See now I know why you fail to understand why this forensics audit is needed. You think counting the same potentially illegal ballots over again means something. It doesn’t. Those auditors were so good they didn’t even find out that the election board didn’t have administrative access and didn’t even ask for it for themselves when they performed their procedures. I’ll leave It to you to figure out what that says about their competency.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Lol

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Surprised to see no talk about what is happening in Israel.

But foreign policy was never discussed during the campaign so makes sense its not discussed now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    The iron dome is pretty fascinating