Thread: Projecting 2018 rotations for MS and Florida

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts

Projecting 2018 rotations for MS and Florida

Projecting the MS and Florida rotations next year could lead us one of two ways.

We'll assume Fried, Gohara, Allard, and Soroka are above AA status.

You'd start the AA rotation with Touki which makes sense, since he just got promoted. After that it's a guessing game. I'd guess Wright would start out there as well. It seems they use Lewellyn to focus on the ones who need the most help and I don't think Wright will need much. Withrow could be here as well, or he could be dealt, in AAA rotation, or in the AAA pen. Drew Harrington could be an option, but he did not pitch that well in Florida before he got injured. Ricardo Sanchez could be an option, but he'd be one I'd ask to repeat High A being he's only 20 and his numbers do not look good. So, I'd start it out with Touki and Wright.

In Florida you'd start with Kyle Muller and Jeremy Walker. Muller's injury had him behind, but I don't think he'll need Rome. Walker righted the ship the last couple of months, but is clearly behind the others and could use some time in Florida. Tucker Davidson would be a guy that could be in the rotation. He's done well since going to starting. Rangal could be a guy who could be there as well.

Initially I had a MS rotaiton of Wright, Touki, Harrington, Sanchez, and Withrow and a Florida rotation of Anderson, Wentz, Wilson, Muller, and Walker. After looking at it, realizing Harrington and Sanchez shouldn't be in AA yet and also thinking we may acquire some high risk/high reward arms that should start out in Florida I'm thinking the "Big 3" from Rome may move up to MS.

Of course trades will dictate a lot.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Sanchez's numbers were actually not bad at all this year. I'd be totally fine with starting him in AA next year.

I like your initial rotations a lot, though I'm pretty sure Muller will and should start in Rome. And I wouldn't be completely shocked if Allard were to get a month or so next year back in Mississippi before moving up.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Beginning of 2018 (subject to change relatively quickly)

MLB - Julio, Folty, Dickey, Newcomb, Fried

AAA - Gohara, Allard, Soroka, Sims, Barreda, Blair

AA - Wright, Touki, Pike, Harrington, Sanchez, Caicedo

A+ - Anderson, Wentz, Wilson, Withrow, Davidson, Franco

A - Muller, Ynoa, Tarnok, Del Rosario, De La Cruz, Mejia
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?