Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Albies

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    That appearance by John Hart during one of the games and his comments about Albies confirms everything I've suspected about the guy (John Hart).
    I saw this mentioned in the GDT as well. What did JH exactly say?

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    The side burns / facial hair that Ozzie sports are worth an extra .5 War. Kind of makes him look like a player from the 70s.

I wouldn't be shocked if Demerite is pushing Carmargo and Ruiz for playing time a year from now.

I agree that John Hart may be the FO problem. Ozzie is making him look dumb.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JxnMissFan For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (09-13-2017)

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I saw this mentioned in the GDT as well. What did JH exactly say?
    I'm sure someone can find the interview. But JH was less than positive about him. Matter of fact JH made our resident curmudgeons look positive the best I remember

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JxnMissFan View Post
    The side burns / facial hair that Ozzie sports are worth an extra .5 War. Kind of makes him look like a player from the 70s.

I wouldn't be shocked if Demerite is pushing Carmargo and Ruiz for playing time a year from now.

Not just the hair. The way he carries himself. He just knows he's good. He's everything certain people thought Swanson was last year.

53 extra base hits so far this year between AAA and the majors.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-12-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts

Over a 50-game span this year (June/July), he hit around .165 with 60 strikeouts vs 28 hits. Total of 134 strikeouts this year. Camargo has never struck out more than 82 times. in a season.

Demeritte plays a nifty second base and has had big power numbers in the lower minors. Ruiz' career high in homers has come in AAA. Not saying you're wrong, but he's just not trending that way.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    I'm sure someone can find the interview. But JH was less than positive about him. Matter of fact JH made our resident curmudgeons look positive the best I remember
    Do you remember roughly the inning? I'll look through the archive video of the game

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Over a 50-game span this year (June/July), he hit around .165 with 60 strikeouts vs 28 hits. Total of 134 strikeouts this year. Camargo has never struck out more than 82 times. in a season.

Demeritte plays a nifty second base and has had big power numbers in the lower minors. Ruiz' career high in homers has come in AAA. Not saying you're wrong, but he's just not trending that way.
    thank you.

camargo is either going to be in the lineup next year in atlanta or will be another in the long line of horrible give away trades. sadly i'm betting on the latter. i predict a former first round pick who can no longer lift his arm over his head will be the return. 'cause, you know, the johns are always the last to recognize it. see olivera, hector.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Albies now pacing at around 5.2 WAR.

If Acuna is as good as most think this team gets good real quick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Albies now pacing at around 5.2 WAR.

If Acuna is as good as most think this team gets good real quick.
    You're known as being the PosiBrave, thethe, but you're right about this.

The simple addition of Albies at his current pace, Acuna (who we know will be good) and Swanson (even half as good as the second half) to Freeman and Inciarte is a legit great lineup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post

The simple addition of Albies at his current pace, Acuna (who we know will be good) and Swanson (even half as good as the second half) to Freeman and Inciarte is a legit great lineup.
    Lets not forget Kemp.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Hey I've been on the Oz train since long before we even acquired Swanson. Just stoked we're actually producing someone that can field and hit. Haven't had one since Simmons.
    Me too. The fact that any moran who's followed prospects and watched Ozzie in person and watched him continue to hit could see he would or could be a cornerstone for this team and it would be questionable to Hart is an indication he should re-damn-tire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    That's right. I don't think it is crazy to speculate about trades of that nature. But I think there is a small band of us here who have been very big fans of Albies for a while. And we're just relieved that all those trade rumors did not come to pass. I think he's been undervalued even relative to some of the high rankings he's gotten from BA and others.
    And I was one of his biggest supporters. Even questioning the lowering of him and his prospect rankings of late.

I still don't remember, "TD is a stud, lets trade Ozzie"
    Ivermectin Man

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Here is part of the interview.

Coppy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Super (09-13-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post

He went on from there... And suggested he needed to make more improvements from the left side, and so that they could "see what we have"

He was just "meh" on him the entire interview

Normally a top prospect gets called up and the FO gushes over him.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post

It's still SSS. Ppl said this about Swanson last year.

Do we really expect Albies to slug 444 for an entire year? Great if so but that seems high for even his numbers in the minors. But the major leaguers do seem to hit more HRs...

I'd pencil Albies in for 2-3 WAR next year. I'd love him to be a 5 WAR guy but that is asking a lot. Same thing with Acuna. I'd put Acuna down for 2 WAR (which is a BIG improvement over what we have now) and be happy if he does better.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Albies has emerging power. I definitely think hes capable of an iso around .150. His plus hit tool allows that power to play up as well as his speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    It's still SSS. Ppl said this about Swanson last year.

Do we really expect Albies to slug 444 for an entire year? Great if so but that seems high for even his numbers in the minors. But the major leaguers do seem to hit more HRs...

I'd pencil Albies in for 2-3 WAR next year. I'd love him to be a 5 WAR guy but that is asking a lot. Same thing with Acuna. I'd put Acuna down for 2 WAR (which is a BIG improvement over what we have now) and be happy if he does better.
    I think Swanson, inciarte, and Albies will all be 3.0 or better fWAR players next season. We're gonna be pretty dang solid up the middle.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post

...that's what people are using to say the FO was lukewarm on Albies? He wasn't "gushing" but he didn't put him down either. Albies objectively did/does have to improve from the left side. Simply stating that means nothing. He "gushed" about Camargo during that. Does that mean he likes Johan better than Ozzie? People read into that stuff what they want to.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think Swanson, inciarte, and Albies will all be 3.0 or better fWAR players next season. We're gonna be pretty dang solid up the middle.
    I saw a graphic that said the Braves offense was at the top of MLB (around the top) for the last month. If we can get some sort of consistent starting pitching then we might have a team that is fun to watch. Would love to have both our corner OF be younger..
    Coppy

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    ...that's what people are using to say the FO was lukewarm on Albies? He wasn't "gushing" but he didn't put him down either. Albies objectively did/does have to improve from the left side. Simply stating that means nothing. He "gushed" about Camargo during that. Does that mean he likes Johan better than Ozzie? People read into that stuff what they want to.
    If it means anything I hope it's that they attempting to sell high on Camargo.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomabrave For This Useful Post:

clvclv (09-13-2017)