I don't know why we would try to sign or trade for a vet pitcher IF things pan out the way it seems it will.
5 Spots
1. Folty: Up and down but has shown enough that it would be shocking if he wasn't in the rotation.
2. Julio: Has pitched better as of late and probably can't get much value for him via trade...he'll be here.
3. Gohora: Young big lefty...you have to give him a full year to develop before making any decisions (I think he will stick)
4. Newcomb: Same with Newk....he needs a full year of development(not sure he makes it).
5. Fried: I want Fried to get the same look as the two above (I could flip a coin on if he makes it).

Now on top of that, you have Dickey that could be a long man and slip right into the rotation if one of the young guys implode. You also could throw Sims in there for spot starts.

Here is the biggest point besides these young arms needing experience. By the trade deadline we could have Soroka, Allard, Wright and Touki knocking the door down. Weigel could be in the mix by the end of the year. For the next three years, we will have multiple arms ready to be called up. I don't know how we get MLB experience for all these guys even if some are traded, and really...who would you feel good about trading out of that bunch this early? By next trade deadline, I figure out of Gohora, Folty, Newk and Fried....whoever fails....just plug in the next prospect(s) who have earned it.

To me, with all the nice arms coming up...let it be an open competition. If we start trading half of them, we could very well trade some of the keepers. Sure if there was a Sale type "true ace" guy out there maybe, but there isn't. Fuller (arm may fall off) or Archer (I have great stuff but also a big ERA)...no thanks. Start the best five and trade the ones AFTER they fail (not before). Keep a cheap rotation and put some more money into the offense. Scoring more runs will take pressure off the young pitchers.