Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

New Rosenthal countinues to chronical dissent in FO

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/st...70074077544454

A few key notes-
    Multiple players saw Hart berating Snit after JJ blew a lead to the Mariners and was replaced by Winkler. Players were "taken aback".

Billy Ryan and Rick Williams received lesser titles in the org shuffle due to sometimes differing views to Coppy

Some in org believe Coppy wants a "yes man" to replace Snit.

Coppy and Hart are "virtually certain"
    to purse some big name acquisitions

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomabrave For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (09-22-2017), Hawk (09-22-2017), jpx7 (09-22-2017), Runnin (09-23-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    fake news from deep stater and Hillary voter Ken Rosenthal. sad!
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (09-24-2017), cajunrevenge (09-23-2017), jpx7 (09-22-2017), rico43 (09-23-2017), The Chosen One (09-22-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    This winter may shape up to be more exciting than this godforsaken excuse for a season.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    This winter may shape up to be more exciting than this godforsaken excuse for a season.
    Agreed, I'm prepared to like or not like the moves, but believe that we see a few big ones.

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabrave View Post
    https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/st...70074077544454

A few key notes-
    Multiple players saw Hart berating Snit after JJ blew a lead to the Mariners and was replaced by Winkler. Players were "taken aback".

Billy Ryan and Rick Williams received lesser titles in the org shuffle due to sometimes differing views to Coppy

Some in org believe Coppy wants a "yes man" to replace Snit.

Coppy and Hart are "virtually certain"
    to purse some big name acquisitions
    This is the same article I posted in the Snitker thread for those wondering - a good article and probably one that deserves it's own thread. The fact that they want "yes" men frightens me given their decisionmaking to date for the most part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    There will no doubt be a couple of big moves this offseason. They were embarrassed in the new stadium the first year bc the product sucked. They won't do it again. So it's a little scary but they didn't pull the trigger on an ace and over pay when they had the chance so I have a little faith.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    I'm pretty terrified by how the "virtually certain to pursue big name acquisitions" is going turn out.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CJ9 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-22-2017), Julio3000 (09-22-2017), The Chosen One (09-22-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramadon101 View Post
    This is the same article I posted in the Snitker thread for those wondering - a good article and probably one that deserves it's own thread. The fact that they want "yes" men frightens me given their decisionmaking to date for the most part.
    Lot of organizational interpersonal relations that is hard to really evaluate without knowledge of the personalities.

I've seen people run out of organizations for disagreeing with a narcissist boss. Those are the ones that tend to have great turnover.

I've also seen changers in leadership in organizations that lead to existing middle managers getting disgruntled when they were asked to change certain approaches or when they lost a certain amount of authority. These folks can grow ever more disgruntled and eventually usually leave on their own or are fired, but in the meantime they tend to be terrorists.

Hard to take a side.

Rosenthal certainly seems to not be a fan of the Braves handling of Wren and has been the chronicler of dissent since that time. The dissent may well be proven right.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    I will repeat my comment from the other thread as well, since it seems to belong here:

Lots of people have bones to pick for whatever reason, and use their resources to push their perspective. I don't know about Rosenthal, but I am not impressed that he keeps bringing this up, since we tend to hang on every word and try to make it mean something. Time will tell I am sure, but this type of rumor spreading bothers me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    The sooner the FO abandons certain nostalgic beliefs that it is a gold standard franchise and that there is a Braves Way that is to be revered the better off it will be.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-22-2017)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I wasn't a fan of retaining Snit last year and would be happy with an upgrade, but scapegoating him for this year is not a good look for the FO.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (09-24-2017), clvclv (09-22-2017), jpx7 (09-22-2017)

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Jeff Wren strikes again, deploying his accursed catspaw Ken Rosenthal.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadduxFanII For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-22-2017), nsacpi (09-22-2017), rico43 (09-23-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    I'm pretty terrified by how the "virtually certain to pursue big name acquisitions" is going turn out.
    I think the only acquisition I could (potentially) get behind would be Stanton. And, obviously, supporting a move like that would be contingent on a wide variety of other factors. Beyond that, yes, it's absolutely a worrying proposition.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-22-2017)

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post
    Jeff Wren strikes again, deploying his accursed catspaw Ken Rosenthal.
    Is this sarcasm? I read Wren's unhinged twitter rant last week. Is Rosenthal tight with the Wrens? Legit wondering. Rosenthal seems to be trying very hard to get traffic to his new site.

That being said, I don't like the look of this from the front office. Bringing Snit back was a move I didn't like then, and now it's going to backfire on them.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I wasn't a fan of retaining Snit last year and would be happy with an upgrade, but scapegoating him for this year is not a good look for the FO.

I don't really understand why anyone would label not picking up Snitker's option as scapegoating.

The Braves never made much of a commitment to him and he stopped exceeding expectations.

Are they going to spend much time telling the public that they feel the team underachieved? Doubtful. We will see, but I think they will either pick up the option or thank Snitker warmly for his service and make a spot for him somewhere else if he wants.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    While we are on the subject, Brad Ausmus will be out in Detroit. They need a new and fresh start they say.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    But, but, but....I was told by several of the board geniuses that there was no pressure mounting on the FO members to win.

Can't wait to read the pozzy spin the usual suspects put on this.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    I don't really understand why anyone would label not picking up Snitker's option as scapegoating.

The Braves never made much of a commitment to him and he stopped exceeding expectations.

Are they going to spend much time telling the public that they feel the team underachieved? Doubtful. We will see, but I think they will either pick up the option or thank Snitker warmly for his service and make a spot for him somewhere else if he wants.
    The first spin trying to claim firing Snit isn't the FO deflecting blame for a bad season.

Wake up people. Snit was hired precisely for this reason...to be sacrificed if the rebuild didn't work out in 2017.

What exactly has to happen before folks realize the FO is in serious jeopardy of losing their jobs? Does the CEO of Liberty media have to come out and bluntly state, "they didn't win like they promised, and revenue did not meet projections" before folks wake up?

From the article:

"The Braves’ average home attendance in their first season at SunTrust is 30,750, the fifth-lowest of the 15 ballparks that have opened since 2000. Hart and Coppolella are virtually certain to pursue some big-name additions that will excite fans, and the likely arrivals of top prospects such as outfielder Ronald Acuna also will keep interest high. But if a new manager is hired and the team continues to sputter, the decision-makers will fall under scrutiny. A franchise can promise a better future and scapegoat managers for only so long"

Seriously guys, pull your heads out of the sand get a damn clue.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 09-22-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    There will no doubt be a couple of big moves this offseason. They were embarrassed in the new stadium the first year bc the product sucked. They won't do it again. So it's a little scary but they didn't pull the trigger on an ace and over pay when they had the chance so I have a little faith.
    They have been saying this every since year 1 of the rebuild where the team was atrocious. That they won't allow the team to be bad again. Maybe they just aren't capable of constructing a good major league team.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    I will repeat my comment from the other thread as well, since it seems to belong here:

Lots of people have bones to pick for whatever reason, and use their resources to push their perspective. I don't know about Rosenthal, but I am not impressed that he keeps bringing this up, since we tend to hang on every word and try to make it mean something. Time will tell I am sure, but this type of rumor spreading bothers me.
    Is it a rumor if it's true?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-22-2017)