Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomahawkCult View Post
    I hear the same from a friend who played and coached a lot of baseball (that's not meant to disqualify board members' respective opinions, my meaning is he knows a lot more than me). He's not at all a fan of Flowers's defensive game for the reasons you list above.
    I certainly don't want to appear that I'm "not a fan" of Tyler back there at all - he's more than "good enough" IMO, I'd just like to see him improve in those areas. For all the strikes he steals, it just doesn't seem to me that he's had the effect on the kids' pitch counts you'd hope he'd have. When he gets crossed-up and the pitch is a strike (even if it costs them a strike), I don't get quite as upset since it's often just as likely the Pitcher either missed the sign or just whiffed on location. It just seems like I've caught myself mumbling "catch the *amn ball Tyler" a lot more often than I ever expected to in 2 strike counts given his reputation, and that drives their pitch counts higher (not to mention frustrates them to a point the others are just better at hiding than Folty).

That's the reason I mentioned someone else may be able to find info pertaining to that - I could very well be pointing out something that's not an issue simply because those things stick out more because they get under my skin since I'm watching for them.
    Last edited by clvclv; 09-24-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

TomahawkCult (09-24-2017)