Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I’d offer Allard, Newcomb, Riley, and one more piece for Yelich. Not sure if that gets it but it should be really close. If we could get rid of Markakis we could sign Cobb to fill out the rotation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    I'm legit shocked that the Giants are more interested in getting rid of the contract over prospects. I'd think they'd give a bit to get more in return. Just my two-cents.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I’d offer Allard, Newcomb, Riley, and one more piece for Yelich. Not sure if that gets it but it should be really close. If we could get rid of Markakis we could sign Cobb to fill out the rotation.
    That’s nowhere near enough for Yelich. The Braves aren’t getting him.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    That’s nowhere near enough for Yelich. The Braves aren’t getting him.
    I think will take two of our top 10 prospects plus Riley plus taking on one of the Marlins bad contracts to get Yelich.

I would go all in on Yelich as long as it didn't cost us Acuna, Albies and Gohara. Everyone else would be on the table.

If the Marlins shop Yelich he will net a big return. The great thing is if he is putting on the trading block the Braves are one of a handful of teams that will have the prospect capital needed to get him

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JxnMissFan View Post
    I think will take two of our top 10 prospects plus Riley plus taking on one of the Marlins bad contracts to get Yelich.

I would go all in on Yelich as long as it didn't cost us Acuna, Albies and Gohara. Everyone else would be on the table.

If the Marlins shop Yelich he will net a big return. The great thing is if he is putting on the trading block the Braves are one of a handful of teams that will have the prospect capital needed to get him
    I wouldn’t include Wright either, but I think you’re pretty spot on with the cost for Yelich.

It would hurt, but the Braves are one of the few teams that could pull it off.

Having said that, I suspect the Marlins hold onto Yelich, Straily, Realmuto and Bour. They will almost certainly trade Stanton, Gordon, Prado and Tazawa, and may have to also ship out Ozuna in order to make it all happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Finally. Now maybe the rest of baseball can get on with the offseason.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    I hope he doesn’t act like a bitch and hold out for the Dodgers for 2 months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Would rather see him in St Louis.

I know I'm supposed to hate them but there have such a storied history it would be cool to see a future HOF on their roster in his prime.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    I think he's going to the Giants. I've thought that all along. And I think the Cards will trade for Ozuna.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabrave View Post
    I hope he doesn’t act like a bitch and hold out for the Dodgers for 2 months.
    If I’m the Marlins I tell Stanton he can accept a trade to the Giants or Cards, or they will have to trade so many other players he will be playing on a rebuilding club until he opts out.

Eventually the other teams are going to move on. Only a few can possibly take on Stanton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    If I’m the Marlins I tell Stanton he can accept a trade to the Giants or Cards, or they will have to trade so many other players he will be playing on a rebuilding club until he opts out.

Eventually the other teams are going to move on. Only a few can possibly take on Stanton.
    It's been reported that they have already had that conversation with Stanton.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Supposedly the Cards are now willing to take on more of Stanton's contract than the Giants. The Cards also have better prospects and cheap MLB OFers to trade. The Cards are also a better team with a better long term outlook (if the Giants don't get Ohtani).

Is it really so bad being non-white in Missouri that Stanton refuses to go to a far superior baseball situation? I suppose it probably is...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Supposedly the Cards are now willing to take on more of Stanton's contract than the Giants. The Cards also have better prospects and cheap MLB OFers to trade. The Cards are also a better team with a better long term outlook (if the Giants don't get Ohtani).

Is it really so bad being non-white in Missouri that Stanton refuses to go to a far superior baseball situation? I suppose it probably is...
    the smarter team will be willing to take on more of the money...his contract is not an albatross and he will likely opt out in 3 years...my impression is st Louis has been a good place for black players like Ozzie, Gibson, Brock, etc.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    the smarter team will be willing to take on more of the money...his contract is not an albatross and he will likely opt out in 3 years...my impression is st Louis has been a good place for black players like Ozzie, Gibson, Brock, etc.
    As long as they didn’t get pulled over for speeding. Punishment appears to be death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    As long as they didn’t get pulled over for speeding. Punishment appears to be death.
    crazy cops in California too

"I am your retribution."

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    crazy everyone in California too
    FTFY
    Coppy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (12-03-2017)

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    How will Stanton handle State tax of Cali vs FLA?

That's like paying an additional agent who does nothing.

If I'm Stanton, I get exactly what I want or I tell them to do what they have to do with the rest of the team. He might have suffer in Florida until his opt out but if he goes to the aging Giants there is NO guarantee that he won't walk into the Walking Dead of franchises.

Chances are though, he would get exactly what he wants and the Marlins would get less what they want (talent in return, move as much contract as they can).

And, one year might be all he has to stay if Florida. Whoever misses on the big ticket FA next year will still have their bag of money to spend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    How will Stanton handle State tax of Cali vs FLA?

That's like paying an additional agent who does nothing.

If I'm Stanton, I get exactly what I want or I tell them to do what they have to do with the rest of the team. He might have suffer in Florida until his opt out but if he goes to the aging Giants there is NO guarantee that he won't walk into the Walking Dead of franchises.

Chances are though, he would get exactly what he wants and the Marlins would get less what they want (talent in return, move as much contract as they can).

And, one year might be all he has to stay if Florida. Whoever misses on the big ticket FA next year will still have their bag of money to spend...
    Giants definitely heading toward a cliff. But I think they can hold on for three years if they have Stanton, Posey, Bumgarner, Crawford. After that its gonna get ugly.

"I am your retribution."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Stanton won't be living anywhere near Ferguson.

Racism is replaced with worship for Cardinals players up there, regardless of ethnicity.