Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Sons of Anarchy (WARNING: Spoilers Inside)

Holy friggin ****. Tonight's episode was awesome.
    Last edited by Krgrecw; 12-03-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Now that Breaking Bad is over, I was just going to make a thread on this considering IMO it's the second best show on TV after Breaking Bad.

And yeah, holy ****.

Spoiler: 
    I'm kind of disappointed that Toric is dead. I loved how psychotic his character was but if he were to go out, who better than Clay and Otto to stick it to him. I just felt it was too early to kill him off.

I'm interested in how Roosevelt is going to handle this. Clearly he realizes Nero isn't responsible for the girl's death, and he looked at Toric's file and saw how insane he is. The DA wants public shaming on someone to take the fall, I'm interested in how Roosevelt is going to work with her.

Perhaps Roosevelt will see the value of the club to Charming, like Unser did all his years and help out the club.

Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    It is a good show. Would be great without Jax (and his lame ass shoes).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (10-02-2013), The Chosen One (09-11-2014)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    If I have to hear Jax say bro or "brutha" one more time...
    Forever Fredi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (10-02-2013)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I've bowed out for a couple of seasons, but have watched the first show from the current season. Yeah, Jax has got to dump those shoes.

Really effin' complicated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Jax shoes >>>>
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    Jax shoes >>>>
    I hope you are joking.

And just about every secondary character is far more interesting than Jax. Weakest lead in a good series in a long time.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I kind of have to agree.

Nero
    Chibbs
    Tigg
    Gemma
    Clay
    Otto (even with his cameos)
    Toric

Acting have all been much better, and their stories have all been better than Jax's IMO.
    Forever Fredi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (10-02-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    If I have to hear Jax say bro or "brutha" one more time...

Reminds me of how bad Hayden Christensen was in the Star Wars prequels. I keep expecting Jax to call his wife or his whore, "M'lady."

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Nothing against Charlie Hunnam, but his American Accent is just too clean to portray a thug gangster leader of a motorcycle gang.

Not only that, but most of the time his facial expression is the same whether somebody gets killed, somebody dies, someone's kidnapped, something good happens.

His signature "sigh of relief" that he takes when someone breaks news to him or he finds out something. His facial hair is a bit goofy to go along with the oversized jeans and those shoes. Only emotion he shows is when his eyes get bigger when he gets serious.

Can't count how many times he's begged someone outside the club to just "Let me handle this". Club has probably never been in worst shape since he took over.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    I kind of have to agree.

Nero
    Chibbs
    Tigg
    Gemma
    Clay
    Otto (even with his cameos)
    Toric

Acting have all been much better, and their stories have all been better than Jax's IMO.
    I have to disagree, Jax story is one of the better ones....certainly one of the more interesting ones. You can argue about what parts are well acted and which ones aren't, I wouldn't say he is horrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Jax's storyline is inconsistent and often feels contrived. It stopped being compelling several seasons ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Jax's storyline is inconsistent and often feels contrived. It stopped being compelling several seasons ago.
    It's a soap opera....isn't that how they are supposed to feel?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    It's a soap opera....isn't that how they are supposed to feel?
    No. Contrived is a bad thing. It should feel natural, like many of the secondary storylines (and some elements of the overall plot).

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    If Jax's acting was as good and his story as interesting, I'm actually supposed to feel sorry or sympathize with his character on some level, instead I just find his scenes ultimately very very annoying.

I actually empathize with Chibbs' frustrations at how Jax is ruling the club. Although I must admit, why didn't Chibbs get in Jax's face like this when he was Sgt at Arms and not VP. When he wasn't VP, he basically went along with anything Jax did or called.

I actually find Tig's storyline compelling, mainly because of his acting. He plays off the psychopathic killer with a heart very well. Also the fact that he's a loose cannon and sometimes he can't think for himself...

Juice I can empathize with him. His character is kind of lost in limbo, recovering from the borderline betrayal towards the club. He's doing whatever he's told but you can still see on his face he doesn't feel like he's still proven to the club he's worthy.

Nero, you can see bits and pieces and signs of how ruthless he was as an OG. When he killed his cousin, last year when he and Jax were in the truck and he almost went head on with the SUV. I love his character because Jimmy Smits is just awesome.

Gemma, whom I hate the most on this show, does a great job of being the conniving, lying, manipulating, yet powerful woman influential figure on the show. Everyone respects her, and listens to her. She waves power around without even trying.

Clay, in jail is more interesting and Perlman's acting is far more superior to Jax's in his few scenes. I actually feel bad for Clay. He's a man lost, bitter, but not lost and bitter. I think Clay owns up to his mistakes (which is why he hasn't ratted out the club still), and he's semi-accepted his punishments for betraying the club. You can see the depressed look on his face when he's in solitary, and the roll with the punches mentality he's had. When he saw Otto, it was a really big wakeup call for him.

Toric's character has only been on for a few episodes, but he definitely grabs the screen as good as any cast regular. Logue has done a great job at portraying how insane he's been and how much of a dark past the guy's had. The mirror confrontations he's had in his bedroom, the forging signatures, the heroin, etc. His interactions with Clay and Otto in particular have been exceptional.

When Jax had his little 1 way glass confrontation with Toric last week, I felt that scene wasn't as good as it should've been, because of how goofy Jax looks and how mediocre Hunnam's acting was. Toric sitting behind the glass and his reflection in the glass was better than Jax threatening him.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Weakest lead character in a big TV series by far, only can be matched by Rick Grimes. I may be in the minority but I really feel as if Andrew Lincoln's acting hasn't been all that great, and I actually view him to be as weak of a leader as Jax. Both are pretty much begging everyone to give them a chance and give them time to figure stuff out, both are constantly just trying to do what's best for their group, and both end up pressing the wrong buttons too regularly.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I'm actually rooting for Tara's storyline of her setting up a potential divorce with Jax, yet I'm supposed to theoretically feel worse for Jax because his family and MC is falling apart and he assumes his family at least is in good shape.

If Jax/Charlie Hunnam was as strong of a lead character, I would be rooting against Tara and would have her on Gemma's level of bitchness.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I agree about Grimes (for the most part). In his defense, the overall writing for The Walking Dead was horrible the first season +, unlike SOA, and is still not even close to Sutter.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    I agree about Grimes (for the most part). In his defense, the overall writing for The Walking Dead was horrible the first season +, unlike SOA, and is still not even close to Sutter.
    IDK, I just felt like, Grimes and The Governor are supposed to be on equal level (for as evil as Governor is, Rick should be just as much of the symbol of good), yet I find the Governor to be more commanding and more badass than Rick as a good guy.

The only time I've felt Rick's acting was good was that small campfire scene where he basically told the Farm Crew that it was a Ricktatorship from here on out.

Jax I kind of feel the same when he's talking to his rivals. When he talked to Pope, Pope was basically schooling him on the art of being a gangster. It's not like Jax out thought Pope, he just had a change of heart and improvised at the last second. When Jax talks to Marks, I don't see an equal level of respect, Marks is basically holding Jax by the balls and Jax is just kinda ok whatever. The way he tried to stand up for Tig in last week's episode before selling him out was pathetic. When Jax and Galen got into a confrontation, I didn't feel at all that Jax had the true balls to stand up to Galen, and that's why from the previews it looks like Jax is seeking Clay's help to stop Galen. Even with Peter Weller's character, who's the new cop working with the MC... Jax was basically being told what to do and had his balls behind held by Weller's character when they went on the Persian Boat. Then when Jax wants to go cheat on Tara AGAIN, he finds that the cop already beat him to the bedroom.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Who you watch on screen will tell you a lot, and I would be willing to bet all eyes were on Weller during the boat scene.