Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shootings In Las Vegas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...tm_medium=push

Trump says discussion of gun laws to come after Las Vegas massacre
    President Trump said Tuesday that his administration will weigh new gun laws in the wake of the Las Vegas massacre, as he praised police for the “miracle” of their quick response to the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
    “We have a tragedy,” Mr. Trump told reporters at the White House. “We’ll be talking about gun laws as time goes by.”
    Asked about legislation on gun silencers, Mr. Trump replied, “We’ll talk about that later.”
    Mr. Trump has consistently spoken out for Second Amendment rights as a candidate.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://www.businessinsider.com/las-v...weapon-2017-10

The Las Vegas gunman used a legal device allowing him to fire 400 rounds a minute

The deadliest shooting in modern US history took place Sunday night in Las Vegas in part thanks to a legal device that allows any gun owner to circumvent gun laws.
    The device, known as a "bump stock," replaces the shoulder rest of a rifle with a device that bounces the weapon back into the shooter's trigger finger. Effectively, the semiautomatic weapon still fires one bullet for every pull of the trigger, but the bump stock automates the trigger-pull process, allowing shooters to fire at a rate of 400 to 800 rounds a minute.

Gun users can achieve a similar, though less controlled effect by sticking their finger through their belt loop or simply by holding a stick between the trigger and the trigger guard.

I sincerely doubt the accuracy of the last line, and can't fathom why a bump stock is legal in the first place.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-03-2017)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    "Pieces are starting to fall in place"

Ok, firstly show me the piece where she's from Indonesia. You aren't going to find any muslims let alone muslims from Indonesia with the name Marilou.

She's from the Philippines. I knew this when I saw her picture and name. Seems you need to get your pieces checked first before you think you have this thing solved. Which right-wing website did you read about her being from Indonesia to further push your anti-muslim rhetoric? She's also an Australian citizen which would make sense, because there are Filipino immigrants everywhere in English speaking countries since English is essentially an unofficial national language. This is why they export so many doctors, nurses, teachers, and are sometimes the ones answering the calls at a customer service call center.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (10-03-2017)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I heard a conversation on conservative talk radio that basically insinuated an Islamic extremist connection because the dude's gf is Filipina and there is a Muslim separatist insurgency in the Philippines.

Seriously. This is the sewer y'all are drinking from.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-03-2017), Runnin (10-04-2017), The Chosen One (10-03-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I heard a conversation on conservative talk radio that basically insinuated an Islamic extremist connection because the dude's gf is Filipina and there is a Muslim separatist insurgency in the Philippines.

Seriously. This is the sewer y'all are drinking from.
    Just you wait and see what happens if we find out this guy had a Muslim friend.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (10-04-2017), Jaw (10-04-2017), jpx7 (10-03-2017), The Chosen One (10-03-2017)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I've never been a false flag kind of guy.

Important to note that ISIS has not (well I believe they haven't) laid claim to these types of attacks without it being factual.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...e_dubious.html

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-04-2017)

Spring Training Invitee Chipper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chipper For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-04-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Las Vegas sherif now saying shooter was radicalized. Need to figure out the sorce still.

My guess is they know but want to research who the accomplices were if any in the US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Why does it matter if ISIS was involved. What we we going to do, go to war with them?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Why does it matter if ISIS was involved. What we we going to do, go to war with them?
    Is this a legitimate question? Why does it matter if a global terrorist organization successfully implemented an attack on the United States?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    The point is our government is already blowing up the middle east in a so called war with ISIS.

Personally I think this was meant to attack Trump voters. It's impossible to predict specifics but I predicted things would get violent under Trump. I don't think we can have a traditional civil war but I think we are going to see back and forth violent events like this and Charlottesville.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    The point is our government is already blowing up the middle east in a so called war with ISIS.

Personally I think this was meant to attack Trump voters. It's impossible to predict specifics but I predicted things would get violent under Trump. I don't think we can have a traditional civil war but I think we are going to see back and forth violent events like this and Charlottesville.
    I could see this being that situation as well which speaks to the imbalance of the left right now exacerbated by the disgusting rhetoric that the left always uses. It's only going to get worse.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Las Vegas sherif now saying shooter was radicalized. Need to figure out the sorce still.

My guess is they know but want to research who the accomplices were if any in the US.
    “This investigation is not ended with the demise of Mr Paddock,” he said. “Did this person get radicalised unbeknownst to us? And we want to identify that source.”

Yep, that sounds exactly like someone affirming something to be true.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-04-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I could see this being that situation as well which speaks to the imbalance of the left right now exacerbated by the disgusting rhetoric that the left always uses. It's only going to get worse.
    Don't try to play disgusting rhetoric off as a thing the left exclusively partakes in.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (10-04-2017), jpx7 (10-04-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    This term radicalized seems silly when talking about a man who shot down on a concert with machine guns.

Also want to point out all this news coverage about the guy virtually guarantees copy cats will try this. I bet the Mandalay gets a lot of requests for that room in the future. Probably best to seal that room off.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    please do not say "don't politicize a tragedy!" if you're someone who politicizes muslim terrorist attacks immediately after they happen.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

57Brave (10-04-2017), jpx7 (10-04-2017), Julio3000 (10-04-2017), Runnin (10-04-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.8d14328f1f2e

I used to think gun control was the answer. My research told me otherwise.

Leah Libresco is a statistician and former newswriter at FiveThirtyEight, a data journalism site. She is the author of “Arriving at Amen.”

Before I started researching gun deaths, gun-control policy used to frustrate me. I wished the National Rifle Association would stop blocking common-sense gun-control reforms such as banning assault weapons, restricting silencers, shrinking magazine sizes and all the other measures that could make guns less deadly.

Then, my colleagues and I at FiveThirtyEight spent three months analyzing all 33,000 lives ended by guns each year in the United States, and I wound up frustrated in a whole new way.
    I researched the strictly tightened gun laws in Britain and Australia and concluded that they didn’t prove much about what America’s policy should be. Neither nation experienced drops in mass shootings or other gun related-crime that could be attributed to their buybacks and bans.
    As for silencers — they deserve that name only in movies, where they reduce gunfire to a soft puick puick. In real life, silencers limit hearing damage for shooters but don’t make gunfire dangerously quiet. An AR-15 with a silencer is about as loud as a jackhammer.
    As my co-workers and I kept looking at the data, it seemed less and less clear that one broad gun-control restriction could make a big difference. Two-thirds of gun deaths in the United States every year are suicides.
    However, the next-largest set of gun deaths — 1 in 5 — were young men aged 15 to 34, killed in homicides. These men were most likely to die at the hands of other young men, often related to gang loyalties or other street violence. And the last notable group of similar deaths was the 1,700 women murdered per year, usually as the result of domestic violence. Far more people were killed in these ways than in mass-shooting incidents, but few of the popularly floated policies were tailored to serve them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    2/3 of gun deaths are suicides.
    Does that make the prevalence of weaponry ok?

To my mind iot makes it all the more urgent to limit guns.
    As in the time and planning it takes a poor soul to arrange a suicide by poison,jumping off a bridge,slicing ones wrists as opposed to picking up a loaded gun a firing.

Counselors advise people to write snail mail letters to those that drive them nuts. As opposed to sending an email or texting or posting on a baseball message board
    The reason being in order for one to send a hand written letter one has to , a) get paper and pen b) write c)put in envelope d) address envelope e) stamp it f) take it to a mail box.

As opposed to writing and pressing send
    That is 6 acts as opposed to 2.

Same with guns in suicides.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Matt Murphy‏ @MattMurph24 Oct 2

The gun silencer bill being introduced by House Republicans also includes the legalization of armor piercing bullets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Chris Lavoie‏ @RadioGuyChris 22h22 hours ago

Of which well-regulated militia was Stephen Paddock a member? Asking for a friend...