Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Megathread: Braves lose Maitan, Bae and 10+ plus International Sanctions.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    If JS and JH both keep their jobs, that is astounding. They're ultimately responsible for JC. They need to go for a lot of reasons, but this is now the absolute best one.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Can't see how if it's just the tip of the iceberg, Hart's job is safe. He's Coppy's boss.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    as has been pointed out, the trashing of JC is coming from other execs around the league. I'm not sure what that has to do with the braves
    You idiot. You just outed yourself as a member of the Pozzy Posse. We were hoping you would remain as our silent partner.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    I agree those two have to go but they aren't the ones attacking JC's character (yet)
    Well yeah, its' easier for them to leak this stuff so focus can be shifted away from them.

They can't play the same card as they did with Wren. Because their argument then was Wren was going renegade, and we have these three baseball minds (Cox, JS, JH) to help bring the Braves back to prominence. This time they can't use that short term memory card, because they groomed Coppy and handpicked him to be the GM. Hart was given a new created title of Director of Baseball Operations so he could still be involved and "supervise" Coppy's direction without the daily grind of being GM. JS has received two new promotions in the last 5 years. Team President and now Vice Chairman. Seems he's immune to whatever bad things happen to us.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account
    @jcrasnick
    Following
    More
    Coppolella's breach of international rules is "the tip of the iceberg,'' said one source. MLB looking into infractions in multiple areas.
    Yikes. We just need to hope that the investigation is quick and decisive. More and more I think about this, I don't see any way John Hart can continue as President of Baseball Ops beyond the end of this calendar year. If there are truly a cornucopia of issues across front office departments, unlikely he has plausible deniability of wrongdoing.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    Yikes. We just need to hope that the investigation is quick and decisive. More and more I think about this, I don't see any way John Hart can continue as President of Baseball Ops beyond then end of this calendar year. If there are truly a cornucopia of issues across front office departments, unlikely he has plausible deniability of wrongdoing.
    He was just named Interim GM for the second time in the last 3 years.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    You idiot. You just outed yourself as a member of the Pozzy Posse. We were hoping you would remain as our silent partner.
    Everything is fine. The Braves FO is competent.

Did I fill in for him?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    This is shocking news!!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Well yeah, its' easier for them to leak this stuff so focus can be shifted away from them.

They can't play the same card as they did with Wren. Because their argument then was Wren was going renegade, and we have these three baseball minds (Cox, JS, JH) to help bring the Braves back to prominence. This time they can't use that short term memory card, because they groomed Coppy and handpicked him to be the GM. Hart was given a new created title of Director of Baseball Operations so he could still be involved and "supervise" Coppy's direction without the daily grind of being GM. JS has received two new promotions in the last 5 years. Team President and now Vice Chairman. Seems he's immune to whatever bad things happen to us.
    multiple people are reporting and stating they've heard this directly from other GMs for a while now. I don't see how you're deriving leaks from the Braves FO here.

"Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account @jcrasnick 22m22 minutes ago
    More
    As @JeffPassan reported, MLB began investigating John Coppolella after receiving multiple complaints from industry execs about his conduct."

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Oh boy. Haven't heard Picollo's name in years.

I really do not want Moore here.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account
    @jcrasnick
    Following
    More
    Coppolella's breach of international rules is "the tip of the iceberg,'' said one source. MLB looking into infractions in multiple areas.
    It's really hard to be optimistic right now. Sounds like we're going to get hammered. Hope I'm wrong.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    This is bad.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    multiple people are reporting and stating they've heard this directly from other GMs for a while now. I don't see how you're deriving leaks from the Braves FO here.

"Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account @jcrasnick 22m22 minutes ago
    More
    As @JeffPassan reported, MLB began investigating John Coppolella after receiving multiple complaints from industry execs about his conduct."
    Do you know how vague Industry Execs is?

Did you see this?

. According to Yahoo! Sports, the Braves organization recently has been engulfed in infighting and chaos involving Coppolella. MLB received multiple complaints against Coppolella, according to Yahoo! Sports, but has found little evidence to support a number of the accusations.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    If another head has to roll then it will be Hart before it will be JS. JS doesn't have near the hand in day to day matters some here think he does. He's semi-retired at this point. Hart is not. As I understand it, the oversight of Coppy was left to Hart so if royal blood needs to be spilled, I expect it will be Hart.

That being said, I think Coppy is as high as the firings go. Hart knows way too many people and has way too many friends not to have some armor from this kind of stuff. He'll be portrayed as the "steady hand" stepping in and calming things after the GM went rogue.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (10-02-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    No no no no no no no.

No.

I want absolutely no part of Dayton Moore.

No.

No.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    PLEASE find violations bad enough to oust John Schuerholz and John Hart as well. This organization needs to clean house in the FO, from top to bottom.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    If another head has to roll then it will be Hart before it will be JS. JS doesn't have near the hand in day to day matters some here think he does. He's semi-retired at this point. Hart is not. As I understand it, the oversight of Coppy was left to Hart so if royal blood needs to be spilled, I expect it will be Hart.

That being said, I think Coppy is as high as the firings go. Hart knows way too many people and has way too many friends not to have some armor from this kind of stuff. He'll be portrayed as the "steady hand" stepping in and calming things after the GM went rogue.
    He doesn't have his hand in day to day stuff, but I'm sure he's still consulted and briefed on every big move we make.

Remember that JS wanted to make Hart the permanent GM, before he made him Interim post-Wren firing. And again when he was still Interim GM. He wasn't shy about it either of those times.
    Forever Fredi

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Hawk (10-02-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    He was just named Interim GM for the second time in the last 3 years.
    I'm hoping this is just indicative of the team being in survival mode right now. Maybe the facts will bear out that he was on the right side of all this . . . never know about wrongdoing, and still somehow performed effectively as the head of baseball ops. I personally think there is a less than 50% chance the facts will bear both of those things out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    If JS and JH both keep their jobs, that is astounding. They're ultimately responsible for JC. They need to go for a lot of reasons, but this is now the absolute best one.
    yes...whatever happened to supervisory responsibility