Page 72 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2170

Thread: Megathread: Braves lose Maitan, Bae and 10+ plus International Sanctions.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    So we loose Maitan OR loose the #8 pick in the draft. If you were able to choose...which one would it be?
    We've already paid Maitan

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chico For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-04-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    So we loose Maitan OR loose the #8 pick in the draft. If you were able to choose...which one would it be?
    I'd prefer a woman with "loose" morals.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    While I don't begrudge Blakely a chance to tell his side of the story, the fact that he is going in for a second conversation with MLB does not bode well for the Braves, IMO. Either MLB has surfaced additional info that they want to pursue with Blakely, or Blakely has decided to volunteer more information that was not originally requested of him by MLB in his first meeting. The other obvious impact here is that investigation drags on further into the offseason. Seems like there's no way they can put a bow on this thing until end of next week at the earliest.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    holy ****, that's the first DOB tweet i have seen in years since he blocked me for calling him a company man
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Adding this to the previous names of Dayton Moore and Jim Hendry, it sure seems like the Braves current focus is to find an experienced front office executive to serve as Hart's replacement at the head of baseball ops. This will likely be an older guy, and someone whose focus will be more on overall management / leadership / culture building. Then presumably, a younger GM or assistant GM comes in to do the heavy lifting on wheeling and dealing. I'm more interested in finding out who THAT guy is going to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    Adding this to the previous names of Dayton Moore and Jim Hendry, it sure seems like the Braves current focus is to find an experienced front office executive to serve as Hart's replacement at the head of baseball ops. This will likely be an older guy, and someone whose focus will be more on overall management / leadership / culture building. Then presumably, a younger GM or assistant GM comes in to do the heavy lifting on wheeling and dealing. I'm more interested in finding out who THAT guy is going to be.

Yeah, they clearly want someone to bring in stability and integrity. I'm really going to be interested to see what all the Braves did under Coppy. Judging by the reaction (instantly firing Coppy, building a list of integrity guys, locking down the front office leaks, etc) I have to think what was going on was pretty bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Bow throws a new name into the mix.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dak For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (11-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    It seems that Blakely and Coppy both feel they have been very poorly treated and have a story to tell. Not a good situation.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-03-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    It seems that Blakely and Coppy both feel they have been very poorly treated and have a story to tell. Not a good situation.
    I think Coppy and Blakely were smart to hire lawyers and threaten legal action. I'm sure the severance Coppy (and I assume Blakely) were offered was tethered to some sort of NDA. The two of them no doubt have some level of dirt on the complicity of some combination of Hart / McGuirk / JS, so I think they'll be much better off in the end leveraging that for a tidy settlement w/ the Braves and Liberty versus taking the severance.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dak For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I think Coppy and Blakely were smart to hire lawyers and threaten legal action. I'm sure the severance Coppy (and I assume Blakely) were offered was tethered to some sort of NDA. The two of them no doubt have some level of dirt on the complicity of some combination of Hart / McGuirk / JS, so I think they'll be much better off in the end leveraging that for a tidy settlement w/ the Braves and Liberty versus taking the severance.
    Blakely going back for another interview seems more like blowing up the whole thing than angling for a better settlement. I'm not sure taking down Hart or JS gets him a better deal. I'm starting to think McGuirk is in some jeopardy. Not directly from Coppy and Blakely. But from corporate concluding he has been presiding over a really dysfunctional organization.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-03-2017 at 06:08 PM.

"I am your retribution."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-04-2017), jpx7 (11-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Blakely going back for another interview seems more like blowing up the whole thing than angling for a better settlement. I'm not sure taking down Hart or JS gets him a better deal. I'm starting to think McGuirk is in some jeopardy. Not directly from Coppy and Blakely. But from corporate concluding he has been presiding over a really dysfunctional organization.
    Yeah, I think it may be a sign that he has called the Braves' bluff here. They're not ready to settle, so now he's ready to sing like a canary. We can only guess of course, but that's what has me worried (about the impact to the Braves' penalty). I have no worries related to protecting the integrity of Hart / McGurik / JS. I'd love to see them get what they deserve if it doesn't hurt the franchise in a major way.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dak For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-04-2017), jpx7 (11-03-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Bow throws a new name into the mix.

Anthopoulos is to date the most promising name mentioned with the job. He would be a terrific hire as PoBO to replace Hart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts

Josh Byrnes? JOSH ****ING BYRNES?

Somebody shoot me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Anthopoulos is to date the most promising name mentioned with the job. He would be a terrific hire as PoBO to replace Hart.
    Yep, he's the best option mentioned for my money. I just don't see it though. Anthopoulos had a rep for being a very aggressive GM . . . offering trades out the wazoo. I wonder if the current decision-makers will be scared off by that. Most likely, they are going to err on the side of safety.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Josh Byrnes? JOSH ****ING BYRNES?

Somebody shoot me.
    Not the shiniest track record, but his experience is in the right direction.

Honestly, I'll take anyone with a modicum of respect for analytics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    No thanks on Anthopoulos.

"If the Braves do not receive permission to talk to Moore, there is a chance they could turn to former Cubs GM Jim Hendry or former Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos, who has been described by agents and other team executives as "Coppolella's clone.""

http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article...picId=27118140

I want nothing to do with another Coppy.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-04-2017)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    No thanks on Anthopoulos.

"If the Braves do not receive permission to talk to Moore, there is a chance they could turn to former Cubs GM Jim Hendry or former Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos, who has been described by agents and other team executives as "Coppolella's clone.""

http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article...picId=27118140

I want nothing to do with another Coppy.
    Well, I think that is a sort of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. If you get a guy who has the same team building philosophies as Coppy and favors analytics, its also possible that they don't share the same traits that got Coppy canned. I don't know a lot about Anthopoulos. So he could be the exact same way as Coppy in every aspect, but I don't know one way or the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Its a shame that names like Farhan Zaidi and Jed Hoyer have not been mentioned as in the mix to replace Hart. The names that have been floated are a highly uninspiring group imo.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-04-2017 at 10:25 AM.

"I am your retribution."

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-04-2017), NYCBrave (11-04-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Well, I think that is a sort of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. If you get a guy who has the same team building philosophies as Coppy and favors analytics, its also possible that they don't share the same traits that got Coppy canned. I don't know a lot about Anthopoulos. So he could be the exact same way as Coppy in every aspect, but I don't know one way or the other.
    I took the quote to mean he shared Coppy's personality and temperament. That agents and execs didn't like dealing with him.