Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2323

Thread: Around the League: 2017 offseason edition / 2018 Season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacheaholic View Post
    And the Braves continue to sit on their hands as they struggle to put away the NL East. Can't wait to see who AA passes on trading for this offseason.
    I was intrigued at the potential of Donaldson should he regain his form, but what makes you think he will? He hasn't been able to stay healthy for 2 years.... and when he has been in there, he's been bad. He's not exactly young and he's still been experiencing minor setbacks. Our current third baseman is raking and you could move him to short, but Swanson is one of the only other players who's somehwhat hot right now so I'm not sure he would have been an obvious upgrade.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I was intrigued at the potential of Donaldson should he regain his form, but what makes you think he will? He hasn't been able to stay healthy for 2 years.... and when he has been in there, he's been bad. He's not exactly young and he's still been experiencing minor setbacks. Our current third baseman is raking and you could move him to short, but Swanson is one of the only other players who's somehwhat hot right now so I'm not sure he would have been an obvious upgrade.
    Pirates traded Freese to the dodgers. He would have been a good pick up
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    put me down as glad and relieved that Donaldson or Freese wont be taking at bats from Camargo
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Some people will never be happy!

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Trea Turner out at second on a walk

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nationa...015441795.html

Yep that happened

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orphan Black For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (09-05-2018), Jaw (09-05-2018), jpx7 (09-06-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan Black View Post
    Trea Turner out at second on a walk

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nationa...015441795.html

Yep that happened
    That's insane!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Ohtani likely to need TJ surgery afterall

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/angels-...221356304.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    This rookie starting pitcher for Miami is giving the Phillies the business!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    This kind of makes me love Sean Doolittle

"If a guy hits a home run off me, drops to his knees, pretends the bat is a bazooka and shoots it out at the sky… I don’t give a ****." Doolittle says in a new interview with Expanded Roster. “A lot of these guys come to America and baseball was their ticket to give their family a better life...They’re incredibly grateful for the opportunity to play this game. I promise you they’re not disrespecting the game. If you got your feelings hurt, that’s on you."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orphan Black For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-06-2018), UNCBlue012 (09-06-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    This rookie starting pitcher for Miami is giving the Phillies the business!
    He was one of the pieces the Marlins got for Ozuna

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan Black View Post
    This kind of makes me love Sean Doolittle

"If a guy hits a home run off me, drops to his knees, pretends the bat is a bazooka and shoots it out at the sky… I don’t give a ****." Doolittle says in a new interview with Expanded Roster. “A lot of these guys come to America and baseball was their ticket to give their family a better life...They’re incredibly grateful for the opportunity to play this game. I promise you they’re not disrespecting the game. If you got your feelings hurt, that’s on you."
    This is terrific.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-06-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    I don't like show boating, but I think it's ridiculous to bean a guy over it. I think what Mac does (yapping at the guy as he crosses home plate) should be the extent of it.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    I am all for acuña dropping to his knee and pretending his bat is a bazooka after he crushes one. Would be awesome.

However, if some other jackass does that against our pitchers. Well that is a beaning. Sorry.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Not sure if this needs it's own thread or not, but Ken Rosenthal mentions the Angels could look to trade Trout this winter if a long term deal can't be hammered out. He mentions us and the Phillies as the 2 teams who would likely have the most interest. A baseball executive he spoke to believes a package from the Braves would include Newk, Inciarte, Wright, Anderson, Riley, and Touki.

That's.... a lot to give up. I mean know it's Trout, but our pitching depth disappears in this scenario. Still I gotta say, not having to give up Acuna or Albies to acquire Trout would be pretty epic.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Not sure if this needs it's own thread or not, but Ken Rosenthal mentions the Angels could look to trade Trout this winter if a long term deal can't be hammered out. He mentions us and the Phillies as the 2 teams who would likely have the most interest. A baseball executive he spoke to believes a package from the Braves would include Newk, Inciarte, Wright, Anderson, Riley, and Touki.

That's.... a lot to give up. I mean know it's Trout, but our pitching depth disappears in this scenario. Still I gotta say, not having to give up Acuna or Albies to acquire Trout would be pretty epic.
    There is approximately a 0% chance the Angels deal Trout.

And if they do, it will be for way more than that package. They would laugh hysterically at that. Our package would have to include at least Albies and then a whole bunch more. If we could actually get Trout for that group, we would be stupid not to do it. He would instantly make us WS contenders in a very real way. Sure, our pitching depth in the upper minors would go away, but who cares? You have at least 2 years where you're as good as any team in baseball.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Trout has around $125M in surplus value over his remaining 2 years of control. If the Angels want to completely retool their entire 25 man roster, the Braves are one of the very few teams who could potentially facilitate that. With Ohtani out all next year as far as pitching goes, they may be willing to use 2019 as a bit of a punt year to allow all the young talent they acquire in a Trout trade to find their way at the MLB level.

Any package that doesn't include Albies, Acuna or Freeman can be justified, but it will hurt...bad. The Braves would be left scrambling to fill the 2019 rotation after the deal proposed by Rosenthal, which goes against the "build a home grown rotation" mantra they have been uttering for 4 years now.

The Angels could set themselves up for another 5+ year run of contention if they execute a Trout trade competently this off season. It would make some sense to realign the competitive window with Ohtani's 5 years of team control rather than Trout's 2 years of team control, but they have to get proper value...which will be extremely hard to get for a generational player like Trout.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 09-07-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    There is approximately a 0% chance the Angels deal Trout.

And if they do, it will be for way more than that package. They would laugh hysterically at that. Our package would have to include at least Albies and then a whole bunch more. If we could actually get Trout for that group, we would be stupid not to do it. He would instantly make us WS contenders in a very real way. Sure, our pitching depth in the upper minors would go away, but who cares? You have at least 2 years where you're as good as any team in baseball.
    You may be right, but you're underrating that package... that's one proven young MLB SP, a proven CFer with plus defense, and 4 (arguably depending on what site you look at) top 50 prospects... Still I can't let Wright, Anderson, and Touki go all at once... those are probably our 3 best chances at an ace regarding our prospects.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Hopefully this doesn't go on and on all off season.

Matt
    3:28 What would the Angels need in return to trade Mike Trout?
    Jeffrey Todd
    3:29 Thankfully we don't need to answer this b/c Billy Eppler said last night they are not trading him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Trout is not the type of player a mid-market team can afford to acquire. I hope the Braves are looking to be competitive for several years, now that the several-years-long rebuild is over. Trading for Trout would put us back into a rebuild in 2 years.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post

the phillies could offer their whole org. and the angels wouldn't take it. i really fail to see how they could come close to putting together a package for trout. they simply don't have the young talent. most of their good prospects are pitchers and IMO only sixto is great. the rest are super high-risk.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg