Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Might as well not even play the NLDS

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProbationDeac View Post
    Amazing that other teams fill up their stadiums on school nights...I am sure the Georgia Dome will be empty Monday night since it's a school night too...oh wait..

"Now now, playoffs or not, it's a school night fans and we all know Brave fans are commited to education."
    Im really not trying to pick an argument but how old are you? The facts are that Atlanta has had problems with attendence during the school year for the last 50 plus years. That is just the way it is. And every spring we have this discussion on one forum or the other.

High School Draftee ProbationDeac's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Im really not trying to pick an argument but how old are you? The facts are that Atlanta has had problems with attendance during the school year for the last 50 plus years. That is just the way it is. And every spring we have this discussion on one forum or the other.
    You're big on the age question aren't you? I am a 30 have a family.

My point is apparently that's only an issue to Atlanta baseball fans. Yet amazingly, Atlanta fans manage to make it to school night football games and baseball fans in other cities manage to fill up their stadiums for playoff games during the week.

If fans want to use that excuse for not going to an April week night game or early May, ok. But in October for a playoff game, I find it a weak excuse and sad. I think the reality is for most Atlanta residents, Braves baseball game is a distant 3rd or 4th to college football and pro-football and for whatever reason going to a Braves game isn't important to them.
    Last edited by ProbationDeac; 10-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.