Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvey Weinstein

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Her legacy, the legacy of her movement, and the legacy of Roe v Wade is eugenics.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...al-gap/380251/
    An African-American woman is almost five times likelier to have an abortion than a white woman, and a Latina more than twice as likely, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    Yet black women still have higher rates of abortion even when controlling for income, according to a 2008 report by the Guttmacher Institute. At almost every income level, African-Americans have higher unintended pregnancy and abortion rates than whites or Hispanics.

60 million abortions since Roe v Wade.
    http://www.nrlc.org/uploads/factshee...ionintheUS.pdf

And we're screaming about how racist Trump or the police are.
    You're looking at correlation and assuming causal intent. I agree it's a despicable imbalance, but I see failures of instruction and support, not a covert eugenics project.

The fact is, abortion rates tend to be lower when sex-education is more robust and access to prophylactics is cheaper and easier. I'm all for curtailing the number of abortions, and I think that's the most ethical and economical place to start.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Bethany Joy Lenz‏Verified account @BethanyJoyLenz 23h23 hours ago

By the way, if you voted for Trump, you don't get to talk **** about Harvey Weinstein
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    Why does a thread about a Hollywood executive have 100 posts in a political thread?

I don't see the relevancy tbh. Harvey is a creep and 100% of people agree with that. Let's move on. There's nothing here to debate.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (10-12-2017), Jaw (10-12-2017), jpx7 (10-12-2017), Super (10-12-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Why does a thread about a Hollywood executive have 100 posts in a political thread?

I don't see the relevancy tbh. Harvey is a creep and 100% of people agree with that. Let's move on. There's nothing here to debate.
    bc he's a democrat duh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

I'm personally sick of Hollywood acting as the moral superiority on issues that influence weak minded people when the same people are absolutely hypocrites. I think that is the big issue but Weinstein is the jump off point to discuss it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I'm personally sick of Hollywood acting as the moral superiority on issues that influence weak minded people when the same people are absolutely hypocrites. I think that is the big issue but Weinstein is the jump off point to discuss it.
    Tu quoque, bro.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The moment you start holding them to higher standard is the moment you validate their moral superiority.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-12-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

But have you seen that guy? If he were ground beef Taco Bell wouldn’t serve him.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (10-12-2017), Jaw (10-12-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    But have you seen that guy? If he were ground beef Taco Bell wouldn’t serve him.
    I'm beginning to get the sense that you don't think Mr Weinstein is very attractive ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...e-alcohol.html

Harvey Weinstein has another Hollywood actress claiming he sexually harassed her. Kate Beckinsale said her career suffered for rejecting Weinstein’s advances when she was still a minor.

The 44-year-old star posted a lengthy note to Instagram detailing a story that she alleges took place when she was 17 years old.

“He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him," she wrote. "After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed.”

Beckinsale says that she rejected him professionally for many years, which often resulted in verbal tirades from Weinstein. She claims he would scream at her, call her a “c--t” and make threats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The moment you start holding them to higher standard is the moment you validate their moral superiority.
    Their influence is not debatable. Even if they hold no influence on me. Their voice resonates more in our culture.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...e-alcohol.html

Harvey Weinstein has another Hollywood actress claiming he sexually harassed her. Kate Beckinsale said her career suffered for rejecting Weinstein’s advances when she was still a minor.

The 44-year-old star posted a lengthy note to Instagram detailing a story that she alleges took place when she was 17 years old.

“He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him," she wrote. "After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed.”

Beckinsale says that she rejected him professionally for many years, which often resulted in verbal tirades from Weinstein. She claims he would scream at her, call her a “c--t” and make threats.
    Ohh now we're gonna get dozens of folks piling on with their "me too" stories.

Always convenient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

Always convenient.
    Wow: here you are, evaluating a statement not just based on content, but context as well.

Convenient indeed.

---

(For what it's worth, I personally am a little ambivalent about this issue: while, on the one hand, I strongly believe victims should be given the benefit of the doubt, because it does require a lot of courage to name and accuse your abuser when you're still economically vulnerable to them; on the other hand, for someone like Beckinsale (or Paltrow), whose vulnerabilities were substantially mitigated by their interim successes, it seems a little gauche to try to publicly participate in the narrative after more vulnerable women already came forward. Regardless of the veracity of your grievance—and Paltrow's, for instance, was independently verified—it might be better to not try to make it about you, too.)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts

Always convenient.
    This is a bizarre post. Are you shaming them for coming out with their stories now because everyone else is? If their stories and accusations hold up, what’s the issue here?
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    This is a bizarre post. Are you shaming them for coming out with their stories now because everyone else is? If their stories and accusations hold up, what’s the issue here?
    Kate Beckinsale had no reason to hide this. She is a star and her career was not threatened. Where was she the last 5 years? When Macfarlane made his joke, where was Kate's instagram story?

If you're horrified by the actions, then do something about it

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Kate Beckinsale had no reason to hide this. She is a star and her career was not threatened. Where was she the last 5 years? When Macfarlane made his joke, where was Kate's instagram story?

If you're horrified by the actions, then do something about it
    Arent you the one always posting conspiracy theories of things like the Bildeberg or Seth Rich. Yet you don’t think these women wouldn’t speak out because rich and powerful people above them might threaten their safety or profession? You’re all in that HRC had Seth Rich killed but don’t find it plausible that women whom were sexually assaulted don’t want to go public with it because of retribution by Hollywood elites holding the strings?
    Forever Fredi

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-16-2017), jpx7 (10-12-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Arent you the one always posting conspiracy theories of things like the Bildeberg or Seth Rich. Yet you don’t think these women wouldn’t speak out because rich and powerful people above them might threaten their safety or profession? You’re all in that HRC had Seth Rich killed but don’t find it plausible that women whom were sexually assaulted don’t want to go public with it because of retribution by Hollywood elites holding the strings?
    I don't think you have me figured all out yet.

Speaking of... planning a trip to ATL again next April... let's get to it

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I don't think you have me figured all out yet.

Speaking of... planning a trip to ATL again next April... let's get to it
    I didn’t say I had you figured out. But you and thethe were definitely tooting the HRC presses a button and had Seth Rich killed camp non-stop.

You tell me when and I’ll be there. Looking forward to watching Kemp and Markakis again.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    I didn’t say I had you figured out. But you and thethe were definitely tooting the HRC presses a button and had Seth Rich killed camp non-stop.

You tell me when and I’ll be there. Looking forward to watching Kemp and Markakis again.
    I didn't accuse Rich of being killed by HRC. I said his death was odd and should be looked into.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Perhaps those women who stayed silent for years acted in what they perceived to be their self-interest, which, if I've read the sacred texts of libertarianism correctly, is the correct course of action.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-16-2017), jpx7 (10-12-2017), Super (10-13-2017)