Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Consensus seems to be he’s bad. That said we heard the same thing on Gattis and he’s catching in playoff games. Nobody seems to care it’s his first try in a long time catching. I don’t see the bat food enough to excite me at a corner.

A couple of scouts like him at catcher. Pitchers seem to like him

I’d bet he’s a non mlb player bc can’t catch well enough to catch and can’t hit enough for corner. But I’d leave him there and see what happens. Bar is so low at catcher now. Maybe he could be a bench bat third catcher or offense bases backups catcher
    You bring up some good points, one especially that I've been struggling with. I keep reading how he's bad behind home plate, but did anyone expect him to step in and be a Molina back there in his first year? That's what I'm struggling with in these reports. No one is writing about whether or not the issues are fixable. I get that the chances of him sticking are low and have been all along, but I just want to know if the flaws can be fixed. Especially considering most people are getting their first look at him now at the end of his first year catching.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ9 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (10-18-2017)