Thread: Walt Weiss coming back as bench coach?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts

Walt Weiss coming back as bench coach?

I'm not sure the odds or why Bowman would leak it, but I can see this making sense. Former Brave, former manager, and well liked.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I'm not sure the odds or why Bowman would leak it, but I can see this making sense. Former Brave, former manager, and well liked.
    A real stats guy too! Yeah....no.

With Porter, Washington and Weiss, the Braves are stocking the coaching staff with managerial candidates no other team wants. Sweet!! Barves Way!!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Has their been a story of Weiss's refusal to use stats while he was managing in Colorado?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Has their been a story of Weiss's refusal to use stats while he was managing in Colorado?
    Well, what quotes in this article make you optimistic?

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/02...ckies-manager/

“I know I get criticized for that, running a bullpen or whatever. But people on the outside making those judgments are making them based on very little information. … Every once in a while, something catches you off guard and you have to make a decision right then. But for the most part, I know who I am going to go to in a certain situation. I think a lot more is made of those bullpen situations than should be.”

or this?

"I don’t want to say it as a sign of arrogance. I have been around winning cultures my whole life. I’ve played in (three) World Series and played with some of the best teams of the modern era. I know what winning looks like. I know what it takes to win.”

So yeah, a guy that "knows how to win", can't manage a BP, and hasn't been connected to a single open manager position this off season.

Just what the doctor ordered! Barves Way!!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Well, what quotes in this article make you optimistic?

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/02...ckies-manager/

“I know I get criticized for that, running a bullpen or whatever. But people on the outside making those judgments are making them based on very little information. … Every once in a while, something catches you off guard and you have to make a decision right then. But for the most part, I know who I am going to go to in a certain situation. I think a lot more is made of those bullpen situations than should be.”

or this?

"I don’t want to say it as a sign of arrogance. I have been around winning cultures my whole life. I’ve played in (three) World Series and played with some of the best teams of the modern era. I know what winning looks like. I know what it takes to win.”

So yeah, a guy that "knows how to win", can't manage a BP, and hasn't been connected to a single open manager position this off season.

Just what the doctor ordered! Barves Way!!
    This is your argument? That he got annoyed at people who have no information questioning his bullpen management? I don't really have an opinion on Weiss, but it's odd you have such a strong one based off of very little information.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    This is your argument? That he got annoyed at people who have no information questioning his bullpen management? I don't really have an opinion on Weiss, but it's odd you have such a strong one based off of very little information.
    LOL, another contrarian with nothing to actually contribute.

You don't think promoting Swanson was Hart's idea, and you don't think Weiss is another dinosaur.

OK bud, you're free to keep derping along. Free country and all.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    LOL, another contrarian with nothing to actually contribute.

You don't think promoting Swanson was Hart's idea, and you don't think Weiss is another dinosaur.

OK bud, you're free to keep derping along. Free country and all.
    I never said either of those things? Calm down and read before you get so emotional about everything. It's not healthy or constructive.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    I never said either of those things? Calm down and read before you get so emotional about everything. It's not healthy or constructive.
    Stop dropping hot dogs to the chihuahua under the dining room table.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Knucksie For This Useful Post:

clvclv (10-19-2017)