Thread: Teams We Should Plunder for Front Office Personnel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

Teams We Should Plunder for Front Office Personnel

It could be we will be hiring both a president and GM this off-season. Before getting into names, I would like to discuss where we should be looking for personnel. I think we have to go after people in the front offices of the following teams:

Dodgers, Red Sox, Indians, Astros, Cardinals, Rangers, Cubs, Pirates, A's, Yankees.

Any other clubs make your list of being at the cutting edge in terms of how they make use of the full range of information and analysis available to a major league front office?
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    It could be we will be hiring both a president and GM this off-season. Before getting into names, I would like to discuss where we should be looking for personnel. I think we have to go after people in the front offices of the following teams:

Dodgers, Red Sox, Indians, Astros, Cardinals, Rangers, Cubs, Pirates, A's, Yankees.

Any other clubs make your list of being at the cutting edge in terms of how they make use of the full range of information and analysis available to a major league front office?
    Add the Rays, remove the Red Sox. Dombrowski has really put the kibosh on the analytics group there. They are falling behind the rest of baseball and will be in serious trouble once Dombrowski is done raiding the farm system to win now. They might be a good team to raid for talent that's sick of being marginalized though.

The 5 main targets should be the Dodgers, Indians, Astros, Rays and Cubs. The Pirates are interesting depending on who is responsible for all their recent pitching scrapheap reclamation projects, so they may be a 6th. As you said before, the Braves could interview candidates from all those FOs and coaching staffs to hire a manager, a Baseball Ops VP as well as a GM. They could assemble a true all star team of diverse talent to fill the 3 main leadership positions of a ball club.

Someone from the Dodgers would be great as they seem to be at the forefront of player rest and using the 10 day DL to deploy a 7-8 man rotation. Someone from the Indians (like Callaway) would have been great because the Indians have been maximizing pitching talent for a while now. Someone from the Astros or Cubs would be good because they understand why and how to build around position player talent. Someone from the Rays would have a thorough knowledge about maximizing player value overall.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 10-24-2017 at 11:06 AM.