Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons Trump will win again.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

10 reasons Trump will win again.

As per Piers Morgan

1) He’s the most resilient, uncompromising man in America. Love him or loathe him, Trump hasn’t changed or pivoted one iota from the candidate who ran for office. He is both absurdly thin-skinned AND absurdly thick-skinned – incapable of ignoring any slight, however small, but also showing quite extraordinary strength of character in repelling what even Jimmy Carter just called the most frenzied media attack on a serving president in US history. Yes, Trump’s an inveterate bulls**tter, the by-product of life as a shameless salesman, but to date he hasn’t lied us into an illegal war like one of his most recent critics George W. Bush did in Iraq – so political fibbing is all relative.

2) Trump’s enemies are bailing out from the fight like conscientious objectors in the war. Yesterday, two Senators, Bob Corker and Jeff Flake made grandiose media-grabbing attacks on the President, effectively branding him a lying useless goon. Both are standing down, and in (Snow) Flake’s case, he’s only doing so because he knows he’s going to get an absolute drubbing in the next election. This, remember, is a guy so principled that he wrote to a Sandy Hook relative saying he agreed with her about introducing background checks on gun sales, then voted AGAINST it just months later. That was a major reason why his poll numbers collapsed. So spare me the sanctimony now, Senator. You’re a fraud.

3) Hollywood’s liberal elite, Trump’s most vociferous, influential and vicious opponents, have exposed themselves to be a bunch of shocking hypocrites whose high moral and ethical plinth now lies in a pile of ruins.
    The Weinstein scandal was just the tip of the unedifying iceberg. Today we learned that Woody Allen, a man who ran off and married one adoptive daughter and was accused of sexually abusing another adoptive daughter when she was just seven, is currently making a movie about a pedophile who preys on a 15-year-old girl. Meanwhile, Trump’s most indignant Hollywood opponents like Meryl Streep continue to celebrate convicted fugitive child rapist Roman Polanski. Middle America is watching all this and thinking: ‘Don’t you lot DARE lecture us about anything ever again.’

4) The Democrats don’t have anyone yet who can run against Trump and actually beat him. Say what you like about the man but he’s proven himself to be a formidably fierce political campaigner who wipes away opponents with the flick of a mocking ‘Low Energy Jeb’ nickname switch. My preferred choice last time, Joe Biden, will be 78 by 2020 – surely, sadly, too old by then to mount a winning challenge? If not Joe, then who? The clock is ticking.

5) Hillary Clinton’s still hanging around like a malodorous failure to remind everyone on a daily basis of the world’s biggest and most shocking political defeat. Her global loser tour, in which she continues to blame everyone but herself, is a vote-destroying disaster for the Democrats. She needs to be pushed out into the political long grass, but who will tell her? Every day Hillary stays in the limelight is another win for Trump. Today, it was shockingly revealed that after all her pontificating about Russia, it was ‘Halo’ Hillary who secretly paid for the dirty Russian dossier on Trump to try to smear him. She’ll collude with the worst of them when it suits her, and voters know it.

6) Trump’s doing very well with the crucial election-deciding issue: the economy. The stock markets keep roaring to record highs (Lest we forget, top liberal economist Paul Krugman told us on election night, when the markets tanked, that they would never recover under Trump!), growth continues around a steady 3%, and unemployment numbers have fallen consistently in the past year. If Trump gets his game-changing tax plan through, and I think eventually he will, then the US economy will likely surge forward just in time for his 2020 campaign. As Reagan and Clinton proved, when an incumbent president runs with a strengthening economy behind him, he’s pretty much unbeatable.

7) His base is rock solid. The polls suggest everyone who voted for Trump last time would do so again. I’ve spent time down in states like Florida and Texas recently and they’re revelling in Trump’s presidency. Everything the screaming liberals loathe about him, from The Wall and travel ban to his ‘Fake News!’ mantra and attack on kneeling NFL players, they love.

8) On the foreign stage, far from being the disaster that Corker and Flake claim, I’d argue that Trump’s proven himself to be rather effective in re-establishing America’s status as the world’s No1 superpower. He slapped Syria dictator Bashar al-Assad round the chops when he tested him with a chemical weapons attack, he’s got ISIS on the run from places like Raqqa exactly as he promised, and he’s stood up to North Korean lunatic Kim Jong-un and told him if he messes with America, he and his country will be vaporized. I very much doubt bellicose self-preservationist Kim will now test that theory. Trump’s visits to places like Saudi Arabia, Poland and France were all huge successes, and I confidently predict now that his trip next week to Japan and China will be too. For all his faults, Trump’s a world-class schmoozer when he needs to be, and a savvy negotiator. By all accounts, most foreign leaders have enjoyed their interactions with him.

9) Trump’s Twitter feed continues to dominate the world’s news agenda.
    It remains astonishing that a 70-year-old man is the best social media practitioner on the planet, but he is. Trump uses his tweets to refute damaging stories, promote positive ones, take down enemies and talk up friends. More importantly, he’s been able to by-pass mainstream media to get HIS message out to millions of people, exactly how HE wants to, and in an often brutally frank manner that his supporters thoroughly enjoy. That is Utopia for any politician. By 2020, Trump will have trebled or quadrupled his current social media follower counts, giving him an unprecedented and incredibly powerful platform to fight the next election.

10) Trump’s the incumbent president and historically, 70% of those who run again get re-elected. The stats are on his side.
    So scream all your like next week, hysterical Trump-hating liberal snowflakes, but I’d save some of your voice for Wednesday, November 4, 2020.
    Because that’s when, as things stand, I predict Donald J. Trump will be re-elected President of the United States.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post

3) Hollywood’s liberal elite, Trump’s most vociferous, influential and vicious opponents, have exposed themselves to be a bunch of shocking hypocrites whose high moral and ethical plinth now lies in a pile of ruins.
    The Weinstein scandal was just the tip of the unedifying iceberg. Today we learned that Woody Allen, a man who ran off and married one adoptive daughter and was accused of sexually abusing another adoptive daughter when she was just seven, is currently making a movie about a pedophile who preys on a 15-year-old girl. Meanwhile, Trump’s most indignant Hollywood opponents like Meryl Streep continue to celebrate convicted fugitive child rapist Roman Polanski. Middle America is watching all this and thinking: ‘Don’t you lot DARE lecture us about anything ever again.’
    ...and then flipping channels between the sexual-harassment funhouse of Fox News and the next media re-invention of the $32M-non-consensual-sexual-encounter-settlement king himself, Bill O'Reilly.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    I believe he will be re-elected just like I started thinking pretty early on in the primaries he would be elected, and that does not reflect particularly well on the collective intelligence of this country.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I think the Democrats should nominate Kamala Harris in 2020. Pair her with Biden or Sanders.

Spring Training Invitee Chipper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    I know one thing. It's going to be one hell of an election!

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I think the Democrats should nominate Kamala Harris in 2020. Pair her with Biden or Sanders.
    Friend of mine that works for a high level Dem position in California is definitely trying to push KH to be frontrunner.

How about Harris-Obama? Racist heads would explode.
    Forever Fredi

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Which Obama?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Even if a Democrat wins, Republicans, or at least the Trump sheep, will whine that it was stolen, that the deck was stacked against them. I have no interest.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Even if a Democrat wins, Republicans, or at least the Trump sheep, will whine that it was stolen, that the deck was stacked against them. I have no interest.
    Why does this scenario sound vaguely familiar?

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Because outside of 1996 and 2004, it's basically been broadly alleged—in some form or another—in every Presidential election from the 1990s onward?
    Last edited by jpx7; 10-25-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Which Obama?
    Either works. I'm all in on the literal interpretation of the 22nd Amendment.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Friend of mine that works for a high level Dem position in California is definitely trying to push KH to be frontrunner.

And if trump beats that tandem, you and your liberal brethren will say they only lost due to their race.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Gonna happen no matter what.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Do people still expect Trump to make it to the next election? Impeachment is still a very real chance for him.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Which Obama?
    The one that hasn’t been Vice President yet.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Probably because Trump was bitching endlessly about the election being rigged before he beat Clinton and then being so insecure that he had to say that 3 million illegal voters cost him the popular vote.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

CK86 (10-26-2017), jpx7 (10-26-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Do people still expect Trump to make it to the next election? Impeachment is still a very real chance for him.
    Impeachment may be. Removal from office a totally different story. At what point are the Dems going to have 67 Senate seats or where are you going to find at least a dozen Republicans to say screw him?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    100k votes over 3 states

or

101,001 new voters that didn't vote last time in those 3 states

wish we could brexit Piers Morgan out of the USA btw.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts

I am in just to spite Hillary some more. Let's see her claim she lost because of misogyny when a female beats Trump in the next election.

Off hand she seems good on legalization. Hopefully she makes it a major campaign point. The old stick up their butt bible thumpers are dying off slowly but surely. I predict anyone who runs on a credible promise to legalize marijuana will win the biggest political landslide of the modern era. More people smoke pot than voted for Hillary. By a lot. If you figure 2 million voters cross party lines to vote for a legalization candidate and 2 million new voters who smoke but don't normally vote. That's a 6 million vote swing because you are siphoning 2 million that would have votes for the other party. Now I think these are very conservative estimates. I think the real numbers would be 4-5 million crossing party lines depending on a few variables like how offensive they find the rest of their positions. And I think we would get 10-20 million new voters who vote for that single issue. The election would basically be a vote on if they want to be a criminal. I don't doubt some people voting against their self interest but I can't imagine anyone voting to stay a criminal in the eyes of the law.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Impeachment may be. Removal from office a totally different story. At what point are the Dems going to have 67 Senate seats or where are you going to find at least a dozen Republicans to say screw him?

Might be easier than you think if they know Pence will come out of this unscathed. I could see them making a deal. Republicans help democrats ouster Trump and democrats agree not to go after Pence and to confirm his VP pick.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.