Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1145

Thread: Discussion of Braves 2018 Offseason plans

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Why is calling someone who simply disagrees with you a moron ok in your book? What's too far?
    the fact you do that is exactly why i say your emotional intelligence is low. it's just weird how much it upsets you.
    most topics in which someone says something that you disagree with end up like this. it's you, dude. you.
    I disagree with folks all the time.

When a dumb person like you or clv or tehteh argues with irrelevant or incorrect points, the argument continues. I let them know they are stupid.

When I argue with an intelligent person like nsacpi, harry, thewpk, jpx, sometimes smoot, mistake7 or matt, and a few others, they either change my mind, or we simply disagree.

I'm sorry you can't see the difference between calling a person dumb, and using homophobic or bigoted insults. I know it's OK where you live, but the rest of the world can easily see the distinction.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    As I've said quite a few times (even if folks like super and clv can't grasp it), these moves taken individually aren't egregiously bad. They are sub-optimal, but they aren't insurmountable by any means.

The issue is that the sub-optimal move was mad EVERY time. The sheer number of those moves becomes insurmountable for a mid-market team like the Braves.

It's almost like the philosophy was, "always choose the move that sacrifices the most value...Braves Way".
    I agree with you, and have the many other times this has been demonstrated. My point is that it’s been thoroughly demonstrated. Luckily, the organization itself has moved on from the guiding lights who led things so astray; perhaps we should too—and I’m sure in due time Anthoupolous will provide us other, hopefully better things about which to quibble.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    I know it's OK where you live, but the rest of the world can easily see the distinction.
    you do disagree all the time. it frequently ends up with you attacking them. mental midget.
    i see the difference. i just think it's odd one is your go-to while whining endlessly about the other one. it's trumpian. you and donald are very alike.
    this shows your ignorance, little man.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    where do i live, btw?
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I agree with you, and have the many other times this has been demonstrated. My point is that it’s been thoroughly demonstrated. Luckily, the organization itself has moved on from the guiding lights who led things so astray; perhaps we should too—and I’m sure in due time Anthoupolous will provide us other, hopefully better things about which to quibble.
    No GM or Front Office is perfect but some obviously handle things better than others. AA will make mistakes. We just have to hope they are minimal or inconsequential. There will come a time when the team is going to have to get over the hump while spending money on FA and/or trading prospects for other assets. It's doubtful he will bat a thousand there. We just have to hope he gets more right than he gets wrong and sets the team up for contention.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    No GM or Front Office is perfect but some obviously handle things better than others. AA will make mistakes. We just have to hope they are minimal or inconsequential. There will come a time when the team is going to have to get over the hump while spending money on FA and/or trading prospects for other assets. It's doubtful he will bat a thousand there. We just have to hope he gets more right than he gets wrong and sets the team up for contention.
    It seems he failed to properly read the FA market this year. The Braves probably could have made enough improvements to the roster this offseason to be WC contenders in 2018 if they didn't make the Kemp trade.

I don't think anyone can really blame him for that, but it would have been nice to grab up some bargains.

Now it all hinges on what he does with all the available cash next offseason.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-27-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    My gosh. We argue about politics, religion, and gun control with more civility on the other board than most of these baseball threads end up having.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

4maddux_cy's (02-27-2018), Garmel (02-27-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    My gosh. We argue about politics, religion, and gun control with more civility on the other board than most of these baseball threads end up having.
    well, you-know-who doesn't post over there. so, there you go.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    It seems he failed to properly read the FA market this year. The Braves probably could have made enough improvements to the roster this offseason to be WC contenders in 2018 if they didn't make the Kemp trade.

I don't think anyone can really blame him for that, but it would have been nice to grab up some bargains.

I would agree on that. Now to me this all really depends on what Mous signs for. A lot of the bargain players so far have been on short deals that would make sense for 2018 and could possibly be a WC contender but going beyond that I would want someone better. Mous would really be the only long term piece that looks could be had at a bargain price.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Agreed and it is making this place hard to visit. Enscheff's constant belittling of other posters is creating a hostile environment on this board. I've been around the various Braves forums since around 2000 and this is the only time I've considered giving them up. After he came back from his temporary ban he was a great addition to the board as he seemed like he had improved his behavior. Enscheff does provide some great insights on stats and what not. I just wish the insults and crap would stop. Supposedly we are all Braves fans.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    well, you-know-who doesn't post over there. so, there you go.
    I don't discuss politics with anyone who can't answer a simple question related to government. Since I have no way of knowing who googled the answer to the question, I don't bother going over there.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    That certainly could have happened. However I don't think many expected the market to crash for certain people, AA included.
    This is exactly the point -

Lots of things happen that you simply can't expect or "plan for" ...even though certain people always try to use an excuse (or simply glaze over the thought that they didn't see things shaking out a particular way) in hindsight.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    I don't discuss politics with anyone who can't answer a simple question related to government. Since I have no way of knowing who googled the answer to the question, I don't bother going over there.
    But what is the question
    Coppy

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    This is exactly the point -

Lots of things happen that you simply can't expect or "plan for" ...even though certain people always try to use an excuse (or simply glaze over the thought that they didn't see things shaking out a particular way) in hindsight.
    I can't speak for certain people. Most of my opinions regarding the managerial part of the game is based on probabilities using the best information that we have. Some things the Braves have done in the past are clear mistakes. They were bad then and then they are bad now. Some things turn out for the best (Marte for Renteria for example) even though, imo, they were a poor decision at the time. If the Braves make the best decision in the present then things should turn out good for them.
    Last edited by thewupk; 02-27-2018 at 02:35 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

clvclv (02-27-2018), Garmel (02-27-2018), Jaw (02-27-2018)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts

To be fair, he was just attempting to scavenge anything out of Kemp because of Coppy/JS/JH's failure that lead to that turd sandwich coming here.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    To be fair, he was just attempting to scavenge anything out of Kemp because of Coppy/JS/JH's failure that lead to that turd sandwich coming here.
    I applaud AA to get that string of mistakes severed from the team. No more punting it down the road with another mistake. In a way it's what the John trio tried to do with CJ and BJ for example but in a much better fashion.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    But what is the question
    I find a way to ask the meaning of the word "bicameral" as it relates to US government, then I prod for an understanding as to why the US utilizes such a system.

If they can't tell me that the US legislative branch has two chambers, how the membership of each chamber is determined, how laws must pass through each chamber, and that such a system was created as a compromise between small states and large states, I know they are ignorant of government and history. It's pointless to discuss politics with such people.

It is correct to say every single Trump supporter I ever came across looked at me with a blank stare when I asked that very simple question. In fact, I have to assume Trump himself didn't know those facts as evidenced by him thinking his executive decrees were actual laws.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

thewupk (02-27-2018)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    This organization sucks. This team sucks. And this board, especially, has sucked over the past year.

Same discussions revolving around the same stale issues, same petty catfights, same idiotic turns of phrase.

Many of the folks who actually made this board worth wasting time on are long gone. It's unfortunate.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

4maddux_cy's (02-27-2018), chop2chip (02-27-2018), Garmel (02-27-2018), Jaw (02-27-2018), jpx7 (02-27-2018), NYCBrave (02-27-2018), Super (02-27-2018), zedsdead (02-27-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    This organization sucks. This team sucks. And this board, especially, has sucked over the past year.

Same discussions revolving around the same stale issues, same petty catfights, same idiotic turns of phrase.

Many of the folks who actually made this board worth wasting time on are long gone. It's unfortunate.
    time to make these boards great again
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-27-2018), Super (02-27-2018)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    time to make these boards great again