Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
Results 1,141 to 1,145 of 1145

Thread: Discussion of Braves 2018 Offseason plans

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Looks like Gohara is on track to be ready April 11 when the Braves need a 5th SP.

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/970770322470338561

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-05-2018), Managuarantano's Volunteers (03-06-2018)

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    So I guess we can all look forward to you being wrong yet again next year.
    <Enscheff's Basic Politeness Translator>

I maintain, respectfully, that you might be mistaken.

</Enscheff's Basic Politeness Translator>

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnAdcox For This Useful Post:

Garmel (03-05-2018), jpx7 (03-05-2018), Managuarantano's Volunteers (03-06-2018), TURBO (03-06-2018)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAdcox View Post

I maintain, respectfully, that you might be mistaken.

The sad part about this is that half the board has to apologize for him and create special "corners of the world" to air complaints rather than simply reading what the many others who grasp the "new math" just as well post without all the drama.

The fact that it hurts someone's feelings when they're called out for not being any "smarter" than people who actually get paid for their baseball knowledge - or the folks who actually make a living in baseball is comical. As thethe mentioned earlier, there's absolutely nothing wrong with "being a fan" - and striving to be the smartest guy on an internet message board is almost as sad as trying to be the smartest guy on the deck at the bar when the conversation eventually turns to politics or religion.

If you (not you personally obviously) don't think that there are quite a few others here that understand that stuff every bit as well, you're really not paying attention.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    The sad part about this is that half the board has to apologize for him and create special "corners of the world" to air complaints rather than simply reading what the many others who grasp the "new math" just as well post without all the drama.

The fact that it hurts someone's feelings when they're called out for not being any "smarter" than people who actually get paid for their baseball knowledge - or the folks who actually make a living in baseball is comical. As thethe mentioned earlier, there's absolutely nothing wrong with "being a fan" - and striving to be the smartest guy on an internet message board is almost as sad as trying to be the smartest guy on the deck at the bar when the conversation eventually turns to politics or religion.

If you (not you personally obviously) don't think that there are quite a few others here that understand that stuff every bit as well, you're really not paying attention.
    Are you still spouting the “they get paid to do this” line, as if it proves they know what they are doing?

Haven’t we all learned beyond all doubt that the old FO didn’t know the “new math”?

The sad part is that you spend half your time complaining about me, and the other half posting ideas that you either stole from others or barely qualify as thoughts (refer to my sig for an example). You contribute nothing of value to this board, ever, exactly like your profession contributes nothing to society overall, and will be automated out of existence within a decade.

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I say, I take issue with the idea that only those who get paid to write about baseball are qualified to express an opinion when they, like other reporters, are just as likely to resort, at least on occassion, to sensationalism and laziness. In truth, we are all equally able to research data and give the old eyeball test.

The old front office, indeed, seems especially to have fallen behind the times in using the very data to which we all have access.

While you and I often disagree, I am glad we never resort to personal attacks. I do, however, find myself worrying, at times, about your future prospects and wish you only the very best.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnAdcox For This Useful Post:

Managuarantano's Volunteers (03-06-2018), Tapate50 (03-06-2018), TURBO (03-06-2018)