Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
Agree. I also think the Yankees will have interest. They would market along the lines of something like: the new twin towers or something. But, I don't think Jeter will be in any big hurry to do favors for the Red Sox, meaning they would have to clearly offer more than everyone else, and I don't think he wants to start out as being seen as the Yankees B*tch.

I wonder if Stanton wants to play with the Giants. If I were him, I wouldn't since the Park is bad for hitters and they obviously look close to an age related rebuild. They might spend their way out of it but have a ton of age.

The gNats make some sense but have traded a lot over the last several years. They might get it done if they take the whole contract. I guess you assume they punt on Harper. I did notice, looking at Cot's, that they are very creative on their contracts to their pitchers: Scherzer is apparently paid nothing in 19, 20, 21 with all his money to be paid in deferred installments of $15M per year from 22-28; and Strasbourg getting 15, 35, 25, 15, 15 then $45M in 2023! Other than those two contracts they aren't in horrible shape.

The Cards make some sense. But, I doubt they will be willing to take the whole contract.

I still think it will be the Dodgers and I think it will be big. Something like: Stanton, Straily and Ozuna to the Dodgers for Puig, Grandal, Pederson, Alex Verdugo and Yadier Alvarez. The M's then flip Grandal and Pederson and play Puig in RF. It would put the Dodgers in a short term bind on payroll but they would clean that up after 2018 when they get rid of Gonzalez, Kazmir, McCarthy, Ryu, and Forsythe (assuming is 18 option is picked up).
LOL or more likely something centered around Stanton for Pederson plus cheap pitching.