Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trading Inciarte

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I bet the Cubs wish they had held onto Candelario. Avila's a FA and they left Wilson off the NCLS roster. Maybe Wilson rebounds, but the Cubs could have used Candelario this winter to better advantage.
    Candelario and Almora might've been an interesting package for Ender. Candelario and Happ would definitely have gotten it done for me - Acuna stays in CF, Happ takes RF, Candelario plays 3B, and Riley moves to LF. How nice might that have been?
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    I don't see a matchup here. The Cubs need pitching and since they've traded away so many prospects they have to trade one of their major league guys. Happ profiles best as a LF, but they're stuck with Schwarber there now, so I think Happ is the one traded. However, most teams don't trade for a LF. That's where you usually throw the guy you don't have a position for.

I can see their interest in Inciarte, but they're better off trying to trade for pitching.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I don't see a matchup here. The Cubs need pitching and since they've traded away so many prospects they have to trade one of their major league guys. Happ profiles best as a LF, but they're stuck with Schwarber there now, so I think Happ is the one traded. However, most teams don't trade for a LF. That's where you usually throw the guy you don't have a position for.

I can see their interest in Inciarte, but they're better off trying to trade for pitching.
    Agreed. The Cubs were likely interested in Gohara plus Inciarte for some combination of Happ/Baez/Schwarber.

I don't see any way the Braves improve in 2018 if Inciarte is traded. Unless the Braves are truly punting on 2018, it makes zero sense to trade the only productive MLB OFer in the organization.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-15-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I still think the Indians could be a match if they believe their window is now. Zimmer coming off of an injury and an overall poor rookie campaign they could look to upgrade CF. Ender would give them a very good leadoff hitter and would also match up well financially. May be a trade centering around Zimmer and Yandy Diaz?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I still think the Indians could be a match if they believe their window is now. Zimmer coming off of an injury and an overall poor rookie campaign they could look to upgrade CF. Ender would give them a very good leadoff hitter and would also match up well financially. May be a trade centering around Zimmer and Yandy Diaz?
    Overall Zimmer had a good rookie year. I think they love that guy in Cleveland.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Overall Zimmer had a good rookie year. I think they love that guy in Cleveland.
    Defensively, sure. But he was pretty not good offensively. Again, this would assume they feel pressured that their window is closing. They are already losing a good bit of offense to FA and the Chi-Sox and Twins are gaining ground in the division. If they don't feel pressured to upgrade I'm sure they will stick it out with Zimmer.
    Last edited by Carp; 11-15-2017 at 03:34 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,133 Posts
    Defensively, sure. But he was pretty not good offensively. Again, this would assume they feel pressured that their window is closing. They are already losing a good bit of offense to FA and the Chi-Sox and Twins are gaining ground in the division. If they don't feel pressured to upgrade I'm sure they will stick it out with Zimmer.
    Chances of the Indians trading Zimmer for Inciarte are about 0.024%.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Yeah, he was a rookie tho. Wouldn't be the first to struggle with the bat. I think they love him enough to let him work it out.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg