Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood/Political Sex Offense Scandals (Now Louis CK and AL-GOPSenateNom Roy Moore)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    People are assuming when Lewinsky typed #MeToo she was referring to Clinton.

My memory tells me she was not on board with Starr investigation. That it was she who instigated contact.

She in fact bordered on staulking Clinton.
    There are photos etc
    She's probably been sexually harassed/abused a lot of times.
    Not a super powerful woman around a lot of powerful men? Yup.

Apparently an Alabama mall banned Roy Moore (confirmed by two cops) in the 80s for pursuing teenagers.
    The rationalization by those still voting for him is incredibly sick.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    these are "christians." roy moore stopped to sign a man's bible at a campaign stop. people think he's a godly, holy man. it is brainwashing and delusion at its peak.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    "Can we just pause for a second to meditate on the fact that today’s Republican Party has lower standards for elections to the US Senate than a 1980s shopping mall in Ala-****ing-Bama?"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

57Brave (11-14-2017), cajunrevenge (11-14-2017), Runnin (11-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Or the 1950's in regards to The Killer and Myra Jean
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Tony Posnanski‏Verified account @tonyposnanski
    12h12 hours ago

Call me bananas but if I have to choose between a man who prosecuted KKK Members and a man who molested little girls behind a dumpster...

I am not ****ing choosing Roy Moore

No one should

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    these are "christians." roy moore stopped to sign a man's bible at a campaign stop. people think he's a godly, holy man. it is brainwashing and delusion at its peak.
    I don't think people 'really' believe he's godly, nor do I think they believe they themselves are godly, but quite soon on the road of self-delusion ones passes the point of no return. Or to put it another way, "In for a penny, in for a pound."
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    This past weekend, I spoke or messaged with more than a dozen people—including a major political figure in the state—who told me that they had heard, over the years, that Moore had been banned from the mall because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls. Some say that they heard this at the time, others in the years since. These people include five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees. (A request for comment from the Moore campaign was not answered.) Several of them asked that I leave their names out of this piece.

The stories that they say they’ve heard for years have been swirling online in the days since the Post published its report. “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls,” the independent Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson wrote on his Web site on Sunday. (Wilson declined to divulge his sources.) Teresa Jones, a deputy district attorney for Etowah County in the early eighties, told CNN last week that “it was common knowledge that Roy dated high-school girls.” Jones told me that she couldn’t confirm the alleged mall banning, but said, “It’s a rumor I’ve heard for years.”

Greg Legat, who is now fifty-nine and living in East Gadsden, was, from 1981 to 1985, an employee at the Record Bar, a store that was in the Gadsden Mall. By the early eighties, Legat told me, the mall was “the place to be. There were no empty stores. And lots of kids came around. Lots of teen-agers. You went there to see and be seen.” Legat met his wife, Jo Anne, there. She worked at a restaurant called Orange Bowl. Legat remembers that parents dropped their kids off at the mall, typically unchaperoned. Teens filled the place.

Legat says that he saw Moore there a few times, even though his understanding then was that he had already been banned. “It started around 1979, I think,” Legat said. “I know the ban was still in place when I got there.” Legat recalled a Gadsden police officer named J. D. Thomas, now retired, who worked security at the mall. “J. D. was a fixture there, when I was working at the store,” Legat said. “He really looked after the kids there. He was a good guy. J. D. told me, ‘If you see Roy, let me know. He’s banned from the mall.’ ” Legat recalled Thomas telling him, “If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him.’ ” Legat said that his boss, Eddie Hill, also told him to look for Moore. A phone call to Hill’s number was not returned.

From the New Yorker.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...e-gadsden-mall
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Jaw linked to what you said. You move out of the country yet like every liberal jack off in Hollywood claimed they were gonna do? Or did you just lie about moving
    Sorry, I should have made it more clear that I was faking the quote.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Rape? Close but no cigar.
    That's not how I remember it.
    Go get him!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    This past weekend, I spoke or messaged with more than a dozen people—including a major political figure in the state—who told me that they had heard, over the years, that Moore had been banned from the mall because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls. Some say that they heard this at the time, others in the years since. These people include five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees. (A request for comment from the Moore campaign was not answered.) Several of them asked that I leave their names out of this piece.

The stories that they say they’ve heard for years have been swirling online in the days since the Post published its report. “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls,” the independent Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson wrote on his Web site on Sunday. (Wilson declined to divulge his sources.) Teresa Jones, a deputy district attorney for Etowah County in the early eighties, told CNN last week that “it was common knowledge that Roy dated high-school girls.” Jones told me that she couldn’t confirm the alleged mall banning, but said, “It’s a rumor I’ve heard for years.”

Greg Legat, who is now fifty-nine and living in East Gadsden, was, from 1981 to 1985, an employee at the Record Bar, a store that was in the Gadsden Mall. By the early eighties, Legat told me, the mall was “the place to be. There were no empty stores. And lots of kids came around. Lots of teen-agers. You went there to see and be seen.” Legat met his wife, Jo Anne, there. She worked at a restaurant called Orange Bowl. Legat remembers that parents dropped their kids off at the mall, typically unchaperoned. Teens filled the place.

Legat says that he saw Moore there a few times, even though his understanding then was that he had already been banned. “It started around 1979, I think,” Legat said. “I know the ban was still in place when I got there.” Legat recalled a Gadsden police officer named J. D. Thomas, now retired, who worked security at the mall. “J. D. was a fixture there, when I was working at the store,” Legat said. “He really looked after the kids there. He was a good guy. J. D. told me, ‘If you see Roy, let me know. He’s banned from the mall.’ ” Legat recalled Thomas telling him, “If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him.’ ” Legat said that his boss, Eddie Hill, also told him to look for Moore. A phone call to Hill’s number was not returned.

From the New Yorker.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...e-gadsden-mall
    I didn't know that David Wooderson moved to Alabama and changed his name to Roy Moore.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-14-2017), nsacpi (11-14-2017), Super (11-14-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    There are plenty of sexually inappropriate actions that are not rape, and I am sure Clinton is guilty of any number of them with regards Monica Lewinsky. Shouting "RAPE" here seems deliberately misleading, though. That does not seem to be what she is claiming.
    I'd argue one could call it rape. He was POTUS. IF she felt compelled to "agree" to his advances based on his power/potential punishment for her, I'd define it as rape.

it's also very possible she just wanted to blow him, and so she did. that also happens. but he had a power over her, so it's extremely dicey on his part. just IMO.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-14-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I didn't know that David Wooderson moved to Alabama and changed his name to Roy Moore.

Wooderson was less of a creep, even. He was supposed to be what, like 21?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Wooderson was less of a creep, even. He was supposed to be what, like 21?
    Early 20s I think. Clearly one of the greatest characters in modern cinema. I thought of him immediately when the Moore crap hit. Big plus for Wooderson is that he wasn't a hypocrite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I don't think people 'really' believe he's godly, nor do I think they believe they themselves are godly, but quite soon on the road of self-delusion ones passes the point of no return. Or to put it another way, "In for a penny, in for a pound."
    Every pastor I have ever known for any length of time has eventually made the same statement; church isn't a showroom of the perfect, it is a hospital for the sick.
    It is the duty of every Christian to recognize that they are not and cannot be perfect, but also to strive to be more Christ-like. That isn't especially relevant to this thread, but I didn't want you to think we are truly self-delusional. We know we are flawed, we know we fail, we know Grace is our only hope of Salvation.
    Go get him!

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    People are assuming when Lewinsky typed #MeToo she was referring to Clinton.

My memory tells me she was not on board with Starr investigation. That it was she who instigated contact.

She in fact bordered on staulking Clinton.
    There are photos etc
    Nice victim shaming. Photos of what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Every pastor I have ever known for any length of time has eventually made the same statement; church isn't a showroom of the perfect, it is a hospital for the sick.
    It is the duty of every Christian to recognize that they are not and cannot be perfect, but also to strive to be more Christ-like. That isn't especially relevant to this thread, but I didn't want you to think we are truly self-delusional. We know we are flawed, we know we fail, we know Grace is our only hope of Salvation.
    One could say you get to have your cake and eat it too.

FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Sexual harassment isn't a crime. Sexual Assault is. There is most certainly a clear distinction between the two.

With that being said, it's entirely possible she did mean rape, even though that isn't what she claimed long ago. Still, there is a clear distinction between the two. The fact that she felt the need to type "sexual assault/sexual harassment" even implies that there is a distinct difference.
    You keep saying that there’s clarity and certainty about your position, but I’m not seeing either. Where did she type “sexual assault/sexual harassment”? Yes, sexual harassment actually (certainly) can be a crime, and no, there’s not a clear distinction between sexual assault and rape.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    You keep saying that there’s clarity and certainty about your position, but I’m not seeing either. Where did she type “sexual assault/sexual harassment”? Yes, sexual harassment actually (certainly) can be a crime, and no, there’s not a clear distinction between sexual assault and rape.
    Well, rape is sexual assault. But not all sexual assaults are rape. That's pretty clear, no? If I grab a woman's butt, or, say, kiss her without consent, it's assault but not rape.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Nice victim shaming. Photos of what?
    Ketchup

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Well, rape is sexual assault. But not all sexual assaults are rape. That's pretty clear, no? If I grab a woman's butt, or, say, kiss her without consent, it's assault but not rape.
    The law metes out the seriousness of sexual assault in degrees, but there's no rape/non-rape dichotomy. It's all sexual assault. You are correct though, there is a codified difference between penetration and sexual contact - but the level of non-consensuality carries more weight in court than the type of assault committed. Our cultural definitions of rape have evolved significantly over the course of even the past 10 years, although if you go back to how we generally considered it in the 50s/60s (which was thought of as progressive at the time) you'll find it pretty easy to determine that the definition of rape has been an ongoing case-study in fluidity.

I personally find the penetrative qualifier pretty absurd. When you sexually violate someone, you sexually violate someone. I completely reject the popular notion that you have to **** someone to rape them (and that raping someone is somehow the king crime).
    Last edited by Hawk; 11-14-2017 at 12:18 PM.