Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood/Political Sex Offense Scandals (Now Louis CK and AL-GOPSenateNom Roy Moore)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    There are a lot of people out there who want to do away with due process for men accuse of sex crimes. Any allegation is going to be considered fact by a sizeable chunk of voters.
    this is just ridiculous. this little stunt pulled by project veritas is proof that not every accusation will be taken at face value. the source will be vetted and the claim investigated. there is no basis for saying it will be weaponized. none.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Will Saletan‏Verified account
    @saletan
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    Nov. 9: WP reports Moore accusations.
    Nov. 10: Project Veritas agent emails WP to offer bait.
    Nov. 11: Moore says: “There are investigations going on. In the next few days, there will be revelations about the motivations and the content of this article.”

What did Roy Moore know?
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    and i'll say it again: when your focus is on women possibly lying to get money or attention or whatever you want to claim, you take light away from the very legitimate claims from women who were harassed or abused. too much energy being wasted on the "what if?" (that has a small chance of actually working) and not enough on the course of action that should be taken against actual abusers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-28-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    this is just ridiculous. this little stunt pulled by project veritas is proof that not every accusation will be taken at face value. the source will be vetted and the claim investigated. there is no basis for saying it will be weaponized. none.
    Look what just happened with UT coach search.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Every time you suggest that voting for a fringy third party would magically fix things, you confirm the label.

Keep voting for Republicrats though, its going great. About that time of the month for a mass shooting or terrorist attack isnt it? Remember when those were rare occurrences? But lets keep voting for the people who got us to this point and hope it gets better. Its those people who want to try something different than doubling own on the status quo are the crazy ones. Police out of control. Terrorist attacks several times a year. Mass shootings every month. Police stealing more than all the reported thefts combined. Spending trillions of dollars to terrorize people in the middle east. Our incarceration rate is rivaled only by North Korea. Swell job these guys have done.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    How about the novel idea of calling on them (those with credible accusations against them - Moore, Conyers, Francine, TrumP, etc.) all to hit the road? And when they don't, and party loyalists not pressuring them to do so, recognize it for what it is - enabling creeps for political "gain." And then the moral bankruptcy of the enablers...
    That would be crazy!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-28-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    And let's take it a tad further, when we make excuses for guys on our "side" and find at all costs some sort of reason why our guy's transgressions are better than their guys, then let's just pass judgment on ourselves too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,736 Posts
    I dont know what project veritas did but I am done with them. I dont even look at their **** anymore. I dont have any way to prove it other than to wait and watch. The basis that it will be weaponize is that this is politics, Hillary resorted to passing out pictures of Obama is muslim looking attire to the media and thats far from the dirtiest trick played in politics. What worries me going forward is what has been going on in colleges with these kangaroo courts. Its not so much that its happening, its that there are a lot of people who support it and they will likely vote in the future. We already know the constitution is worth about as much as the toilet paper I wipe my ass with since it can be interpreted to mean whatever you want. Its bad enough already we have the Roy Moores of the world voting who would put gays in concentration camps if they could get away with it.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,736 Posts
    And let's take it a tad further, when we make excuses for guys on our "side" and find at all costs some sort of reason why our guy's transgressions are better than their guys, then let's just pass judgment on ourselves too.

Or you could switch to the side that isnt being lambasted with new sexual assault allegations every day and no longer have to defend rapists. Funny thing that guys who think mass incarceration and killing millions of innocent people with bombs is right thing to do also rape women. I am shocked. Only sociopaths can vote to incarcerate and kill innocent people on a daily basis and think they are the good guys.

It’s over."

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    this little stunt pulled by project veritas is proof that not every accusation will be taken at face value.
    No, it's really not.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-28-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Okay, can Conyers just go ahead and resign and Pelosi stop with the enabling charade? "We all knew not to get into the elevator with him." Link

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Every remaining member of Congress who has settled with any accuser should resign and pay back their settlement. Let's see how many fall.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Hawk (11-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,736 Posts
    If you get rid of all the rapists, pedophiles, and those who enabled/helped rapists/pedos in Congress there will only be Libertarians left.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Okay, can Conyers just go ahead and resign and Pelosi stop with the enabling charade? "We all knew not to get into the elevator with him." Link
    different rules for "icons"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    what rule ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    what rule ?
    moore must go, but Conyers is an "icon"

You already admitted you don't care about the actual victims, just want political points, so move along sicko

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Conyers has been duly elected and has due process rights .
    As does Moore. Moore is not guilty of any crime. Yet holds no office

Moore is campaigning for votes. People are trying to advise other people to not vote for Moore based on allegations. Perfectly in their rights

I feel comfortable that after investigating the complaints against Conyers and Franken as well (D) will respond accordingly.
    As they did with Weiner, and as (R) did with Bob Packwood back in the day.

But this has to play out. According to the constitution
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Look what just happened with UT coach search.
    you once again bring this up, but it's not really applicable here at all. a woman didn't come forward and accuse Schiano of harassment or assault, keeping him from getting a job. That's what's being discussed and suggested.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    No, it's really not.
    how is it not..? it is definitive proof that not every accusation will be seen as truth. it's proof because this allegation was made, and was not believed, and was found to be false.

will some accusations be made up, and possibly put out as truth when it isn't? sure, it's possible, of course. and it always was possible. but what recent accusation hasn't been true?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    If you get rid of all the rapists, pedophiles, and those who enabled/helped rapists/pedos in Congress there will only be Libertarians left.
    yes, i'm sure no libertarian politician has ever assaulted or enabled someone who did.

this idea that your chosen political party is perfect is toxic. they're all human, and some have undoubtedly done wrong, regardless of where they stand.