Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood/Political Sex Offense Scandals (Now Louis CK and AL-GOPSenateNom Roy Moore)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    How about "rad tattoo ... right above that great ass"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Hey, that's my line
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    To plays devil advocate...what about a girl who blatantly flaunts her great tits?

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    How about "rad tattoo ... right above that great ass"?
    Maybe just leave the second clause unsaid. If she comes to like you, and becomes authentically solicitous, you'll have the opportunity to comment on the specific appealing geometry of the tattoo later, in a space of mutuality and shared attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    To plays devil advocate...what about a girl who blatantly flaunts her great tits?
    Not sure if serious.

But, again, some things are better left unsaid; err on the side of caution, discretion/valor, et cetera. Just because a girl's garb emphasizes décolletage doesn't also mean it's intended to invite commentary; maybe she just likes breeze in a canyon. Either way, again, if she wants you to comment, she'll tell you; and, even if she does want comment but doesn't tell you, it's still better to be safe versus sorry.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (11-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I don't think all women wear proactive clothing for the breeze. It's a fine line for sure but if women play to man's urges to **** then I'm not sure how appalled they should be to get disgusting advances. As long as it doesn't result in repeated attempts teetering on the line of mental abuse and of course no unwanted physical advances then I'm sure there's a case for harassment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    I don't think all women wear proactive clothing for the breeze. It's a fine line for sure but if women play to man's urges to **** then I'm not sure how appalled they should be to get disgusting advances. As long as it doesn't result in repeated attempts teetering on the line of mental abuse and of course no unwanted physical advances then I'm sure there's a case for harassment.
    We could just, like, maybe try not being disgusting, regardless of what a woman's wearing or what her motivation is for wearing it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    why not don't act like an asshole ?

As much as I agree with and laugh at the jokes of Frankin, he acted like an ass
    as did Lauer, Ailes, BillO, Weiner, Conyers,Rose Keiller etc etc etc
    etc

"Jesus Christ
    died for nuthin
    I suppose "

wrote the poet

however, Moore is another story, I trust all agree
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Maybe just leave the second clause unsaid. If she comes to like you, and becomes authentically solicitous, you'll have the opportunity to comment on the specific appealing geometry of the tattoo later, in a space of mutuality and shared attraction.

Not sure if serious.

But, again, some things are better left unsaid; err on the side of caution, discretion/valor, et cetera. Just because a girl's garb emphasizes décolletage doesn't also mean it's intended to invite commentary; maybe she just likes breeze in a canyon. Either way, again, if she wants you to comment, she'll tell you; and, even if she does want comment but doesn't tell you, it's still better to be safe versus sorry.
    So don't talk to a woman unless she asks me to.

And if she asks me to, I'll claim unwanted advances and sexual harassment.

Great society we've cooked up for ourselves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    We could just, like, maybe try not being disgusting, regardless of what a woman's wearing or what her motivation is for wearing it?
    I agree with you but topretend lime all men are going to repress their base instinct to not realistic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    So don't talk to a woman unless she asks me to.

And if she asks me to, I'll claim unwanted advances and sexual harassment.

Great society we've cooked up for ourselves
    I love that you totally and entirely bent what I was saying into something that is actually quite the opposite of what I was saying (not to mention much more simplistic than what I posited). Great job, there.

I never said "don't talk to a woman unless she asks [you] to"; even the survey statistics you posted don't say that. But talking to a woman doesn't have to include comments about her physical appearance; I do it everyday.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

mqt (11-29-2017), Runnin (11-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    And by the way - I love how we act like it's only men who are lewd. I've heard countless sexual conversations from women in the workplace. I see girls flirt with guys all the time. i work at a 70,000 person company

Literally today, a girl told me that I look great in jeans.

I'M A VICTIM!!!!!!!!!!

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    How difficult is this, really?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    I love that you totally and entirely bent what I was saying into something that is actually quite the opposite of what I was saying (not to mention much more simplistic than what I posited). Great job, there.

I never said "don't talk to a woman unless she asks [you] to"; even the survey statistics you posted don't say that. But talking to a woman doesn't have to include comments about her physical appearance; I do it everyday.
    I can't wait for the day where there's a march on men oppressing women by "forcing them to look more beautiful by not complimenting them enough"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    I agree with you but topretend lime all men are going to repress their base instinct to not realistic.
    I feel like asking men to not be disgusting is not an unfair or unrealistic expectation, especially in professional environments where other power-dynamics come into play. I think very few (certainly very few on the left) are asking men to practice unrelenting abstinence as a corrective to centuries of asymmetrical power and decades of uninvestigated or unpunished workplace harassment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    How difficult is this, really?
    It's not.

It's quite sad how the left has twisted this into every conversation being some depraved dude groping and drooling a woman during every conversation.

We will over-correct this one. See the data posted above

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    And by the way - I love how we act like it's only men who are lewd. I've heard countless sexual conversations from women in the workplace. I see girls flirt with guys all the time. i work at a 70,000 person company

Literally today, a girl told me that I look great in jeans.

I'M A VICTIM!!!!!!!!!!
    If you truly felt it was inappropriate, and truly feel victimized by it, you should report it. #ImWithYou

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    If you truly felt it was inappropriate, and truly feel victimized by it, you should report it. #ImWithYou
    But see, it's not inappropriate. That's the issue. That's why the data I posted is concerning.

If someone compliments me, that's nice. If they do it every day after I make it clear I am not comfortable with it, that's an issue.

But you just gave me permission to become a victim when there was no need to have a victim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    But see, it's not inappropriate. That's the issue. That's why the data I posted is concerning.

If someone compliments me, that's nice. If they do it every day after I make it clear I am not comfortable with it, that's an issue.

But you just gave me permission to become a victim when there was no need to have a victim.
    I don't know what you're game is here. I already posted that (a) while it's an understandable hyper-correction, I don't agree with that 25%; (b) I feel like there's a lot of nuance missing in the question to that 33%, but in general I don't agree that any old compliment is harassment (with individual context and tenor mattering a lot); and (c) I support your complaint being heard, regardless of the fact of your gender, if you truly felt the speech was inappropriate in the workplace (which you obviously do not). These all seem fairly reasonable positions.

You seem desperate to construct for me an argument I am not making, such that you might spar with it. Problem is, straw's all dead and gone for winter up here in Montana.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    I don't know what you're game is here. I already posted that (a) while it's an understandable hyper-correction, I don't agree with that 25%; (b) I feel like there's a lot of nuance missing in the question to that 33%, but in general I don't agree that any old compliment is harassment (with individual context and tenor mattering a lot); and (c) I support your complaint being heard, regardless of the fact of your gender, if you truly felt the speech was inappropriate in the workplace (which you obviously do not). These all seem fairly reasonable positions.

You seem desperate to construct for me an argument I am not making, such that you might spar with it. Problem is, straw's all dead and gone for winter up here in Montana.
    If you support me complaining about the jeans comment, then you enable a hyper-sensitive environment that people will take advantage of

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    If you support me complaining about the jeans comment, then you enable a hyper-sensitive environment that people will take advantage of
    I support it only if it really feels inappropriate; how it was said, who said it, what have they said before, what have you said back before—all this is important context to determine if it's an oppressive pattern versus an honest attempt at workplace camaraderie. I, for one, would've said "Nice jeans" versus "You look nice in jeans", in order to play it safe while getting the same nicety across; but I agree that on its face it doesn't seem to rise to the level of harassment.

More generally, though, we're coming off a long period of hypo-sensitivity, where legitimate claims of harassment weren't believed, or weren't fully investigated, or weren't appropriately or satisfactorily reconciled even when the first two conditions were met. It isn't ideal that the pendulum has thus swung to hyper-correction, but it is certainly understandable. Hopefully we can eventually mediate a balance.
    Last edited by jpx7; 11-29-2017 at 07:25 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (11-29-2017)