Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood/Political Sex Offense Scandals (Now Louis CK and AL-GOPSenateNom Roy Moore)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Boilerplate?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-06-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Boilerplate?
    Yea, I'm not sure that most divorce proceedings include revelations of battery and forced intercourse.

I think it's also worth noting that Trump's counsel speciously claimed that "definitionally" one cannot rape a spouse, which might have held up in the courts of the past to which that sort of misogyny belongs, but is definitely not true today.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Boilerplate?
    When it comes to dividing up the marital estate things like claims of spousal abuse and child abuse are generally admitted. And can be crucifying blows: (http://supreme.findlaw.com/legal-com...se-victim.html) So you tend to see a whole lot of posturing in the depos and that determines whether or not success might be found (or forced) in mediation. I wasn't saying that Ivana's original statements were false, or trying to lessen their impact, but was just noting that exaggerations in the divorce process are relatively common and are even encouraged by overzealous representation. As an aside, you'll often see claims incidentally exaggerated or misrepresented in court, too. "He ABUSED me. He wouldn't let me go anywhere with my friends without checking in." "He smacked Johnny really hard when he brought home failing grades."

Perhaps obviously, the more money involved, the more contentious the proceedings tend to be. That could've been the case here, or it could just as easily not have been. It is curious, though, how Ivana has sung a very different tune ever since. The cynic would say gag-order. Who knows.
    Last edited by Hawk; 12-06-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Yea, I'm not sure that most divorce proceedings include revelations of battery and forced intercourse.

I think it's also worth noting that Trump's counsel speciously claimed that "definitionally" one cannot rape a spouse, which might have held up in the courts of the past to which that sort of misogyny belongs, but is definitely not true today.
    An attorney will try virtually anything to positionally advantage his/her client. You drop a bomb like that to try and nip an allegation in the bud - but that doesn’t mean the judge has to allow it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Tim Miller‏Verified account @Timodc
    12h12 hours ago

The sexual harassment/assault accusations against the President are more numerous, as serious, and as credible as those made

against Franken. Plus he has twice admitted to them on tape.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Runnin (12-07-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If you choose to take his comment at face value then it would certainly be fair to construe it that way.

I personally don't. But I'm a dog like Trump, so ... big woof.
    this is so pathetic.
    he's been accused of doing precisely what he says he does on the access hollywood tape. yet you conveniently choose to believe he didn't do those things he literally bragged about doing.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

Call me old-fashioned, or slow on the uptake (your choice), but I see a virtuousness in taking someone at their (absolute) word
    LOL no you don't. you do when it's convenient. if you took trump at his word you'd acknowledge that he's assaulted women.
    instead, you take him at his public word. because, you know, everyone is more honest in public than they are in private. you're part of the enabling of continued sexual assault.
    Last edited by Super; 12-07-2017 at 08:33 AM.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    dems won't allow their people to just deny it, threaten the women, and move on.

i have no idea how anyone can believe trump hasn't assaulted a woman. it's willful ignorance, plain and simple. it's also gross.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post

i have no idea how anyone can believe trump hasn't assaulted a woman. it's willful ignorance, plain and simple. it's also gross.
    They prefer the terms patriotic and American.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    there's pretty much never going to be proof of sexual assault. when multiple credible accusations go ignored because "the man didn't admit it," you're giving people the go ahead to sexually assault others with impunity. as long as they deny it, many will believe them. why ever stop?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    women: trump just started kissing me
    trump, privately: i just kiss them, i don't even wait, when you're a star they let you do it
    trump, in public: no i never did that
    dolts: yeah i'll take the one that works better for my politics plz

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-07-2017), goldfly (12-07-2017), jpx7 (12-07-2017), Runnin (12-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Franken makes it official

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    To be clear I love Franken's politics,humor and tenacity.

Having said that I think it more important he not act like or have a history of acting like a dick toward women.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    this is so pathetic.
    he's been accused of doing precisely what he says he does on the access hollywood tape. yet you conveniently choose to believe he didn't do those things he literally bragged about doing.
    No, he hasn't actually been accused of doing "precisely" what he brags about on the tape. If we're talking about conveniences, it's you attempting to employ a one-size-fits-all approach.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    LOL no you don't. you do when it's convenient. if you took trump at his word you'd acknowledge that he's assaulted women.
    instead, you take him at his public word. because, you know, everyone is more honest in public than they are in private. you're part of the enabling of continued sexual assault.
    Yes, I'm taking him at his public word. Primarily because the accused tend not to make their staunch denials in private.

Lord.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    lol.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    This week I’m ashamed of my party. The treatment of Conyers and Franken was deplorable and apparently were going to allow a femenazi Lynch mob to make decisions for our party.

With the way our female delegation behaved in the senate I’m going to have to think hard about whether to vote for women in primaries unless I’m confident they’re moderate and reasonable on social issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coredor View Post
    This week I’m ashamed of my party. The treatment of Conyers and Franken was deplorable and apparently were going to allow a femenazi Lynch mob to make decisions for our party.

With the way our female delegation behaved in the senate I’m going to have to think hard about whether to vote for women in primaries unless I’m confident they’re moderate and reasonable on social issues.
    The people of each state should decide. This circumventing of the people will in our government is dangerous.