Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood/Political Sex Offense Scandals (Now Louis CK and AL-GOPSenateNom Roy Moore)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    And everyone laughed at Mike Pence when he said he’d never go out with a woman who wasn’t his wife.
    It's almost like there's a third option wherein a man can have a polite and respectful dinner with a female colleague or acquaintance and not sexually harass that colleague instead of just refusing to be alone with her.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-29-2017), Runnin (11-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Many people claim this is a non partisan issue but I clearly remember more of a negative backlash against O'Reilly and ailes than any of these liberal perpetrators. Wonder why....
    I am shocked that people would have a stronger reaction to the wrongdoings of someone they fundamentally dislike.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Up until and individual's liberty (gasp, i Know y'all hate that concept) is infringed upon. Only then, is the government allowed to step in.

And sorry to say, getting your feelings hurt or needing a safe space or being told your pretty is not infringing on one's individual liberty.
    How is the desire to not be complimented on one's looks any more or less of a liberty than one's desire to compliment someone for their looks?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I agree with you but topretend lime all men are going to repress their base instinct to not realistic.
    I doubt all men will stop themselves from commenting on a colleague's chest. That's why people have been fired for sexual harassment for years.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Up until and individual's liberty (gasp, i Know y'all hate that concept) is infringed upon. Only then, is the government allowed to step in.

And sorry to say, getting your feelings hurt or needing a safe space or being told your pretty is not infringing on one's individual liberty.
    That's sidestepping the question, though. The government isn't in the picture at all, so let's toss that for the moment.

If we accept your hypothetical as reality, where's the foul? Because your individual bar for a violation of personal liberty hasn't been met, you're willing to trash a major component of your belief system? A private entity enacts a compact with a free individual. Does it not then have the right to terminate that individual's employment, presuming it has the contractual right to do so? If it doesn't, are you asking for big bad gummint to intercede? If it does, won't the market sort it out by punishing the private entity for shedding the talent? So why on earth are you bitching about it?

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Many people claim this is a non partisan issue but I clearly remember more of a negative backlash against O'Reilly and ailes than any of these liberal perpetrators. Wonder why....
    Amongst whom? With the caveat that 90% of tv news is garbage, it's worth pointing out that the NBC networks actually covered Matt Lauer's firing extensively, whereas Fox pretended that Ailes and O'Reilly happened on Earth-2.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-29-2017), Runnin (11-30-2017)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    This is how bad it has become. We have a very nice looking and well built female at work, who wore mini skirts, skin tight everything because the owner liked looking at her and for the men to look at her and most did. The men, including me, were all called in for sexual harassment because we complimented on her looks. I said your hair looked nice and I really didn't care about how tight her clothes were to be honest, I am too old for that schit, but she got me called in for a warning. Well the owner retired to spend the last five months in Europe and now he is Australia I think, his son in law took over and the first thing he said to her, no more tight stuff and no more tattling. She was miffed, but gradually she starting to wear the tight stuff and guys are telling on her so she is spending time in the office now pissed because her gig is up and looking for a new job. One of her friends who really hates my guts and racist because I am married to a white pressed her to flaunt herself around me so her boyfriend can have my job. Never worked because I did not pay attention to her and she tried really hard, smliing at me, waving at me. I gave her a smirk and went back to my computer screen, not another second spent. I dread going to her office and I made sure I was in the hallway talking to her and often she asked why don't I come in and I always retorted with a nope because I am doing my job. If I need to make some mods on her computer for my program she has to leave the office no exceptions. And she attempt to come in, I will remind her who is who on the totem pole. If you are going to rat on me for making a compliment about your hair, I won't trust you EVER again.

Rumors were she tried to seduce men to rape her so she can sue and for me to hit on her so her friends boyfriend to get my job. I laughed at the scenario but when the HR director got wind of if and told me to stay away and don't even look at her, I did but not because of her, I was not interested just being friendly with, hey your hair look nice and that was the end of it.

I don't socialize at work, I am all job. You can dance nekkid in front of me showing your boobs and all and I would tell you politely to get the eff out of my office I am busy. Most of them at my job knows this and don't bother and we have around 5 or so 8 to 10's and most are 25 to 35 years old. Oh, my friend moved to Texas and a male replaced her, now I can't say I am the only male in our department.

I am like Mike Pence, you won't catch me talking to another women in public or in private no where unless there is a lot of people around me. I don't trust females because they make up schit real quickly if they have an agenda.
    Last edited by AerchAngel; 11-29-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    RE: Pence

Everybody seems hung up on the first half of his comment, which, granted, is over the top (although not entirely meritless). The bit about avoiding situations where alcohol is involved, in the context of being around other women without his wife, seems logical to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I love that you totally and entirely bent what I was saying into something that is actually quite the opposite of what I was saying (not to mention much more simplistic than what I posited). Great job, there.

I never said "don't talk to a woman unless she asks [you] to"; even the survey statistics you posted don't say that. But talking to a woman doesn't have to include comments about her physical appearance; I do it everyday.
    This. I don't feel the need to mention the apparel or appearance of any one of my associates. You're there to do a job, not compliment someone for their appearance.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    This. I don't feel the need to mention the apparel or appearance of any one of my associates. You're there to do a job, not compliment someone for their appearance.
    And I don't think it's even that difficult to compliment someone's apparel and not make it sexual or inappropriately about their body.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Lauer story is pretty disturbing. Dude had a door lock button at his desk.

Fascinating seeing how the news/entertainment industry is handling this versus the government.

Also it's disturbing to see how deep and widespread this story is - from the well known but tolerated "secret" of Lauer due to his power to the Congressional slush fund to pay-off settlements and all the protectors/enablers in both parties.

We are a perverse people.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Lauer story is pretty disturbing. Dude had a door lock button at his desk.

Fascinating seeing how the news/entertainment industry is handling this versus the government.

Also it's disturbing to see how deep and widespread this story is - from the well known but tolerated "secret" of Lauer due to his power to the Congressional slush fund to pay-off settlements and all the protectors/enablers in both parties.

We are a perverse people.
    Perverse is a good word for it. Years ago when I worked on a trading floor I hired a rather attractive young lady. It was unbelievable how much she had to put up with and how immature the men (some in their 40s and 50s) working with her were. And how much of a headache it was for me as her manager. There was one guy who would definitely have been fired if I had turned him in to HR. But I handled it a different way since he was putting three kids through college and I didn't want to turn his life and his family's life upside down.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-30-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    That's sidestepping the question, though. The government isn't in the picture at all, so let's toss that for the moment.

If we accept your hypothetical as reality, where's the foul? Because your individual bar for a violation of personal liberty hasn't been met, you're willing to trash a major component of your belief system? A private entity enacts a compact with a free individual. Does it not then have the right to terminate that individual's employment, presuming it has the contractual right to do so? If it doesn't, are you asking for big bad gummint to intercede? If it does, won't the market sort it out by punishing the private entity for shedding the talent? So why on earth are you bitching about it?

Goodness how many times to have to explain this to you all before you stop thinking you "got me"

The corporation can fire anyone for any reason they want in my opinion. If they want to do it over SH, that's their right.

That doesn't mean I agree with them.

Google had every right to fire the engineer for a rational opinion. But I think they were wrong for doing it, succumbing to our incredulous PC culture.

This slope is the slipperiest of them yet. Now ANY complaint will be taken over seriously, and people's livelihood will be destroyed. Their right to do it? Sure. Are they right to do it? I don't think so.

But hey, the left won the culture war a long time ago. This is our new reality and we will need to walk on eggshells to ensure nobody is offended.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    sturg, I understand the concern and the hyper-pc culture and that there will be over-corrections to a certain extent. That said, I don't think this is a Left-Right thing. I think it is a societal rot that is found virtually everywhere. We can argue ad infinitum about why we are at this point, but I for one am glad we are. People are image-bearers of God with dignity and worth, and unwanted libido-power-trip affronts are (and always have been) violations of both, "thou shalt not murder" and "thou shalt not commit adultery" in a proper understanding of both commands. Walking on eggshells seems an appropriate thing until we get it.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 11-30-2017 at 11:14 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    sturg, I understand the concern and the hyper-pc culture and that there will be over-corrections to a certain extent. That said, I don't think this is a Left-Right thing. I think it is a societal rot that is found virtually everywhere. We can argue ad infinitum about why we are at this point, but I for one am glad we are. People are image-bearers of God with dignity and worth, and unwanted libido-power-trip affronts are (and always have been) violations of both, "thou shalt not murder" and "thou shalt not commit adultery" in a proper understanding of both commands. Walking on eggshells seems an appropriate thing until we get it.
    I agree with your overall point. I'm more concerned now about young people in this country legitimately now they can assign a compliment as sexual harassment, and I fear that our over-correction will unnecessarily ruin people lives.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-30-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    The Jutes scare me too... I suspect my generation bears some of that blame...

Clyburn - enabler. Smh. Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    How nice of good ole Nancy supporting a white man and not a black man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    How nice of good ole Nancy supporting a white man and not a black man.
    Pelosi and the rest of the old guard need to go.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-30-2017), jpx7 (11-30-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Cruz is a sleezeball with no problem of being a hypocrite within seconds of statements

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

28. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2017)