Thread: Hollywood/Political Sex Offense Scandals (Now Louis CK and AL-GOPSenateNom Roy Moore)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The YMCA/mall stuff is hearsay evidence. I guess most of the people were that were in actual decision-making/administrative positions are dead now. I wish that somebody could get J.D Thomas on record - at the very least for some clarification. He won't answer questions, supposedly.

For example:

Delores Abney, 63, a retired domestic violence counselor, said she and her husband had heard things about Roy Moore and his interest in younger women for years.

On Monday night, Ms. Abney said she recalled Mr. Moore, the embattled Republican Senate candidate, being a regular presence in the mid-1980s at the Y.M.C.A. There, she said, he was often talking to much younger women — women that “appeared to be high school on up,” she said — in an exercise class she was enrolled in. “I’m not saying he was trying to pick them up. It just did not look appropriate.”

You'll find similar language in the New Yorker piece.
    A couple of women have since come forward to offer corroboration for elements of the mall stories, but not corroborating the specific inferences that were made in the piece. I thought that the New Yorker piece was too thin to run.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-17-2017), jpx7 (11-17-2017)