Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts

FG FA Contract Projections

FG just posted their estimates for FA contracts:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2018...0-free-agents/

Some notes on guys Braves fans might be interested in:

Moustakas: 5/$85M - 5/$95M
    Would AA give up pick #80-85 to upgrade 3B? Maaaaybe, but I hope he doesn't.

Frazier: 3/$42M
    If the Braves are going to pay retail for an upgrade at 3B, this is my preferred target. His RHed power compliments Freeman better than Mous. I would try to get him to agree to a 2 year deal with a higher AAV though...something like 2/35 with an option.

Morrow: 2/$18M - 2/$22M
    While this is less than the 3/$24M predicted by MLBTR, this is still most likely too rich for the Braves to spend on a BP arm.

Reed: 3/$27M - 3/$30M
    I've seen folks here mention him, but this is way out of the Braves' price range. Good thing, in my opinion.

Nunez: 2/$20M - 3/$33M
    nsacpi's man-crush is going to get paid for his versatility. This is too much for the Braves to pay for a guy they already have on the roster for $550k...Camargo.

Joe Smith: 2/$12M - 3/$21M
    This is the guy I called Plan C for the Braves BP. No thanks at this price.

Neshek: 2/$14M - 2/$16M
    He was my Plan A, but this is more than I was hoping to pay. The Braves might have to bite the bullet if they want a legit BP arm.

Hunter: 2/$10M - 2/$12M
    He was my Plan B for the BP, and at this price compared to Neshek, he might be my Plan A now considering each pitchers' age.

Chacin: 2/$16M - 2/$20M
    I pegged him as my best SP value of this off season. I underestimated his contract when I said that, but I still think he is a good value.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Damn, projecting Wade Davis to get 17M a year.
    Always loved Carlos Santana. Wish we had a need for him.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Also, sign me up for Frazier at that price. Or the idea of higher AAV for 2 years.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Frazier makes sense to me as well. He would be the RH bat behind Freeman Kemp was supposed to be, the clubhouse leader Nick was, and the insurance at 1B if Freddie goes down Matt Adams played.

I still think Neil walker is my preferred target if he were open to moving to 3B.

Bryan Shaw is still my preferred releiver. I like Mcghee and Watson as well if we're looking at 2 arms to solidify the back-end.

Playing the Waiting Game blueagleace1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    I like Frazier for 3B as you should be able to get him on a 2/3 year deal which shouldn't block Riley and would/should be easy to move if Riley shows he's ready sooner. A possible lineup that looks like this wouldn't be the worst thing... (Assuming both Markakis and Kemp aren't traded and Acuna starts year in AAA)

1. Ender Inciarte- CF
    2. Ozzie Albies- 2B
    3. Freddie Freeman- 1B
    4. Matt Kemp- LF
    5. Todd Frazier- 3B
    6. Nick Markakis- RF
    7. Tyler Flowers- C
    8. Dansby Swanson- SS
    9. Julio Teheran- P
    "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon"

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Todd Frazier that’s he had .213 batting avg. Very good formula to make the playoffs. Plus we still have Camargo,Ruiz and Garcia.

Playing the Waiting Game blueagleace1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    Todd Frazier that’s he had .213 batting avg. Very good formula to make the playoffs. Plus we still have Camargo,Ruiz and Garcia.
    105 OPS+ is above average with a nice OBP and above average power, with above average defense
    "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    Can someone translate this for me?

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Can someone translate this for me?
    Gonna go with “Todd Frazier, that’s the guy who hit .213. Such a good way to make the playoffs (/sarcasm). Plus we have 3 probable around replacement level players.”
    AKA International Bonus Pool Slot

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Managuarantano's Volunteers View Post
    Gonna go with “Todd Frazier, that’s the guy who hit .213. Such a good way to make the playoffs (/sarcasm). Plus we have 3 probable around replacement level players.”
    Thanks. As hard as it is to imagine, it sounds more stupid in English than it did in whatever language it was originally haha.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    I also would rather go after Frazier than Moustakas. Sign him to a three year deal and allow Riley a couple years to develop further. Then if/when Riley shows he’s ready, Frazier gets traded.

I have been wondering what Alex Cobb might cost, but he’s likely going to be too rich. If the Braves have designs on contending soon, a TOR starter will be needed at some point. Right now, it’s clear Teheran is not that guy unless he bounces back. I’m not even 100% sure he is Brave next season anyway.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    I also would rather go after Frazier than Moustakas. Sign him to a three year deal and allow Riley a couple years to develop further. Then if/when Riley shows he’s ready, Frazier gets traded.

I have been wondering what Alex Cobb might cost, but he’s likely going to be too rich. If the Braves have designs on contending soon, a TOR starter will be needed at some point. Right now, it’s clear Teheran is not that guy unless he bounces back. I’m not even 100% sure he is Brave next season anyway.
    If you win a bidding war for a player in decline you may have trouble moving him. Hard pass on Frazier.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    If you win a bidding war for a player in decline you may have trouble moving him. Hard pass on Frazier.
    Frazier is absolutely a win now move, and will be a bench bat by the 3rd year of his deal.

It sounds like AA is resigned to the fact that 2018 will be another lost year with a $100M-$110M payroll, so the hard pass will be the Braves' only option.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post

Cobb isn't a TOR arm anyways. AA stated point blank they are not accelerating the rebuild (because they can't afford it), so I wouldn't expect the Braves to acquire much of anything more than Moylan or equivalent.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Cobb isn't a TOR arm anyways. AA stated point blank they are not accelerating the rebuild (because they can't afford it), so I wouldn't expect the Braves to acquire much of anything more than Moylan or equivalent.
    Haha..I think you take things "politicians" say too seriously. If I was talking to the media I'd be vanilla as can be as well. They tend to make something out of nothing, so no reason to give them ammunition.

We have no idea of what he's going to do, how much money we have, what money we're going to trade etc..

I can't even guess right now wityh so little information, but nothing would surprise me

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Haha..I think you take things "politicians" say too seriously. If I was talking to the media I'd be vanilla as can be as well. They tend to make something out of nothing, so no reason to give them ammunition.

We have no idea of what he's going to do, how much money we have, what money we're going to trade etc..

I can't even guess right now wityh so little information, but nothing would surprise me
    Why do folks around here insist on claiming things the FO says aren't true when the comments don't jive with what they want to see happen, or what actually happened?

AA says "we are not going to accelerate the rebuild", and folks think the Braves might still make significant additions.

The old FO says, "we are going to be much better next year", and when the team predictably sucks folks say, "yeah, they didn't REALLY mean that".

When was the last time the Braves FO said one thing and then did the opposite?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Why do folks around here insist on claiming things the FO says aren't true when the comments don't jive with what they want to see happen, or what actually happened?

AA says "we are not going to accelerate the rebuild", and folks think the Braves might still make significant additions.

The old FO says, "we are going to be much better next year", and when the team predictably sucks folks say, "yeah, they didn't REALLY mean that".

When was the last time the Braves FO said one thing and then did the opposite?
    I'm not sure what "folks" you're talking about. That must be part of your overgeneralization problem.

How do you get "we are not going to accelerate the rebuild" to be the Braves are only going to acquire Moylan or equivalent. That's a big stretch unless you're just being overly emotional again.

This past regime rarely ever did what they said. It started with trading Kimbrel.

I don't what you meant by those last 2 lines. You completed contradicted yourself. I guess that was meant for some other "folks" who can understand that.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    I'm not sure what "folks" you're talking about. That must be part of your overgeneralization problem.

How do you get "we are not going to accelerate the rebuild" to be the Braves are only going to acquire Moylan or equivalent. That's a big stretch unless you're just being overly emotional again.

This past regime rarely ever did what they said. It started with trading Kimbrel.

I don't what you meant by those last 2 lines. You completed contradicted yourself. I guess that was meant for some other "folks" who can understand that.

The FO said one thing (we are are building a contender), but really weren't (they didn't REALLY mean that). Didn't seem overly complicated a statement to me, honestly.

You guys do this routinely. The FO is telling the truth only when what they are saying is what you want to hear.

You don't want to hear that they won't make any significant additions, so you don't think they are telling the truth. You don't want to hear that the Braves have no money for payroll, so they are lying when they say they won't be accelerating the rebuild. You don't want to admit the FO is incompetent, so they weren't telling the truth when they stated they were trying to build a contender. You don't want to hear that AA values pitching over position players, so you claim he doesn't really mean it.

It's standard posting procedure on these boards.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 11-15-2017 at 01:31 PM.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts

The FO said one thing (we are are building a contender), but really weren't (they didn't REALLY mean that). Didn't seem overly complicated a statement to me, honestly.

You guys do this routinely. The FO is telling the truth only when what they are saying is what you want to hear. You don't want to hear that they won't make any significant additions, so you don't think they are telling the truth. You don't want to admit the FO is incompetent, so they weren't telling the truth when they stated they were trying to build a contender. You don't want to hear that AA values pitching over position players, so you claim he doesn't really mean it.

It's standard posting procedure on these boards.
    Your first problem was believeing them when they were bs'ing trying to sell tickets. That sounds like it's your problem and not these "folks" you speak of.

Reading things on the internet is like overhearing a conversation you hear 10%, fill in the other 90% and convince yourself that's exactly what they said. I've seen you do that a lot. I know it's cause you get so emotional, but calm down and read it without filling in your opinion based agenda and it'll read entierly different.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Your first problem was believeing them when they were bs'ing trying to sell tickets. That sounds like it's your problem and not these "folks" you speak of.

Reading things on the internet is like overhearing a conversation you hear 10%, fill in the other 90% and convince yourself that's exactly what they said. I've seen you do that a lot. I know it's cause you get so emotional, but calm down and read it without filling in your opinion based agenda and it'll read entierly different.
    LOL, I never bought their bull****. I suppose I need to spend 20 minutes quoting 50 comments where folks posted exactly the kind of thing I described?

It's hilarious reading you guys jump up and down about how good the team will be, and then when they suck say, "the FO wasn't REALLY trying to win".