Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1193

Thread: Getting An Early Start - GDT 10/4/2013: LA (Zack Stinky) @ ATL (Mike MAJOR!) Game 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeForAll23 View Post
    Sounds like they're really going to try and push the Dee Gordon steal as the deciding factor of the game...or is it just me? Did they already forget we already had one out and Kimbrel struckout the next batter anyway? So even if he was safe, Gordon would've been on 2B but the Dodgers still would've had 2 outs. And even if they sac-bunted for some reason, then he would've been on 3B with 2 outs. It's not like the next batter came up and roped a double or anything.
    TBS has been pushing it but mainly because Keith Olbermann won't let it go. He is using terms like "controversy" and saying it "decided the game", etc. Of course his Dodgers connections are showing here. However, the rest on the show seemed to agree with the out call.

I cannot speak to ESPN because I refuse to watch them.

PS: Olbermann is even bringing up that play questioning it while doing highlights of other games, lol. Cry me a river...

Got the Call to Lynchburg JusticeForAll23's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    TBS has been pushing it but mainly because Keith Olbermann won't let it go. He is using terms like "controversy" and saying it "decided the game", etc. Of course his Dodgers connections are showing here. However, the rest on the show seemed to agree with the out call.

I cannot speak to ESPN because I refuse to watch them.

PS: Olbermann is even bringing up that play questioning it while doing highlights of other games, lol. Cry me a river...
    Yeah, everyone else was being fair and level-headed about it, but Olbermann just wouldn't let it go.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Sounds like they're really going to try and push the Dee Gordon steal as the deciding factor of the game...or is it just me? Did they already forget we already had one out and Kimbrel struckout the next batter anyway? So even if he was safe, Gordon would've been on 2B but the Dodgers still would've had 2 outs. And even if they sac-bunted for some reason, then he would've been on 3B with 2 outs. It's not like the next batter came up and roped a double or anything.
    Kimbrel walked the next batter so it would have been 1st-2nd 1 out. All it means is that Kimbrel would have had to face the next batter after Crawford.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    We need EJ for backup. Constanza is pointless.
    Yep. Uggla should be starting. OF should be a rotation depending on Lefty/Righty match up. Schafer starting and playing CF/RF with a RHP. Gattis starting and playing LF with a Lefty. Now yes, Gattis has been one of our only sources of offense so far, but that defensive blunder in the first game really opened the flood gates for the Dodgers. Could have been a different game if we get out of the 2nd inning with only 1 run surrendered.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (10-05-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I wish we had Uggla in there too. He'll take a walk and he can do damage with one swing. Regardless of his numbers he's not the guy a pitcher wants to face in the late innings in a close game.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (10-05-2013)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Also, give up for Brian McCann. After putting good wood on the ball last night, you would have hoped the hits would fallen tonite. But he was still productive in each at bat, moving the runners over in his first 2 at bats and drawing a walk in his last at bat before Heyward came through with 2 run single.

Braves played smallball tonite perfectly. Lets hope the bats come a bit more alive tomorrow and put up a lot of crooked numbers.

High School Draftee BravesfanMike's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Anything that upsets the toadies at ESPN makes me smile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Also, give up for Brian McCann. After putting good wood on the ball last night, you would have hoped the hits would fallen tonite. But he was still productive in each at bat, moving the runners over in his first 2 at bats and drawing a walk in his last at bat before Heyward came through with 2 run single.

Braves played smallball tonite perfectly. Lets hope the bats come a bit more alive tomorrow and put up a lot of crooked numbers.
    I feel like they are close. ALmost everyone (aside from Bossman/Johnson) are putting otgether nice AB's. Its only a matter of time for Heyward to knock one out of here.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Yep. Uggla should be starting. OF should be a rotation depending on Lefty/Righty match up. Schafer starting and playing CF/RF with a RHP. Gattis starting and playing LF with a Lefty. Now yes, Gattis has been one of our only sources of offense so far, but that defensive blunder in the first game really opened the flood gates for the Dodgers. Could have been a different game if we get out of the 2nd inning with only 1 run surrendered.
    Under your scenario Gattis would have still been in the OF game 1 so doesn't that make it a moot point?

If you're gonna argue for better defense then it's a BOssman/Schafer platoon, if Gattis is gonna play the OF then he plays every game and is subbed out late. Schafer is impotent with the bat as is Bossman, while Gattis is Dunnesque in LF. No play he makes ever looks easy.

A Gattis/Schafer platoon is literally the worst possible idea especially for the NLDS since you'd be leaving Gattis in there for the Kershaw games where one defensive mistake is all he needs. Either all Gattis or all defense, no in between.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

Diesel (10-05-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I feel like they are close. ALmost everyone (aside from Bossman/Johnson) are putting otgether nice AB's. Its only a matter of time for Heyward to knock one out of here.
    Well I don't think it's fair to criticize Bossman since he only had 2 PA. But in general you're right.

If Justin, Jason, or Freddie locks in and starts ripping the ball the way they're capable things will get very interesting very fast. Hopefully tomorrow JT brings his A game and we win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Its a mistake to not play Gattis right now. He is seeing the ball as well as he has the entire season. I don't think I remember him taking so many borderline pitches for balls. Let the man play!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Its a mistake to not play Gattis right now. He is seeing the ball as well as he has the entire season. I don't think I remember him taking so many borderline pitches for balls. Let the man play!
    I personally wouldn't play him, certainly not against Kershaw but it's a silly idea to platoon with Gattis and a guy who isn't hitting. If Schafer tore the cover off the ball (or at least was competent) ni September then I'd go for it but Schafer has sucked for months.

Prosecutor of the
    International Criminal Court

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Game three is just so big. I can't think about closing this series out when its still tied at one. But lets be real folks. We don't want this series to be decided by Kershaw. So lets put big time pressure on the dodgers, take game three and make them either pitch Kershaw or let their season rest on Nolasco

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJonesATL View Post
    Game three is just so big. I can't think about closing this series out when its still tied at one. But lets be real folks. We don't want this series to be decided by Kershaw. So lets put big time pressure on the dodgers, take game three and make them either pitch Kershaw or let their season rest on Nolasco
    Game 3 is huge, and I like our chances with JT out there. I'd love to get them in an elimination game with Nolasco on the mound, or even Kershaw, who's never pitched in MLB on 3 days rest.
    Last edited by Julio3000; 10-05-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

I also thought McCann had a tremendous game behind the plate. He called a heck of a game. And Minor was bouncing just about curve the first three innings.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Feeling after the Kimbrel strike out

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shabadu84 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (10-05-2013), holden (10-05-2013), Mrs. Meta (10-05-2013), The Chosen One (10-05-2013)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Game 3 is huge, and I like our chances with JT out there. I'd love to put get them in an elimination game with Nolasco on the mound, or even Kershaw, who's never pitched in MLB on 3 days rest.
    Very much agreed: game-three is pivotal. Whether it's Nolasco with a chance to eliminate the Dodgers, or Kershaw on three-days rest under the same circumstances, being up 2-1 for game-four seems crucially favorable for the Braves.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    We need another early start.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    Yes, we need to start the GDT thread sometime late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Just looking back on our NLDS game three results since 2002.

2002: We beat the Giants, 10-2. Our Chairman of the Bored, Keith Lockhart, hit a homer in that game. Went on to lose the next two.
    2003: Lost to Mark Prior and the Cubs, 3-1. This was Maddux's last game in an Atlanta uniform.
    2004: Lost to Brandon Backe and the Astros 8-5.
    2005: Reistma, John Foster and Joey Devine let a close game get away in the 7th, and we lost 7-3 to the Astros.
    2010: Eric Hinske homered in the 8th, but we couldn't hold the lead in the ninth in a 3-2 loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Yes, we need to start the GDT thread sometime late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Just looking back on our NLDS game three results since 2002.

2002: We beat the Giants, 10-2. Our Chairman of the Bored, Keith Lockhart, hit a homer in that game. Went on to lose the next two.
    2003: Lost to Mark Prior and the Cubs, 3-1. This was Maddux's last game in an Atlanta uniform.
    2004: Lost to Brandon Backe and the Astros 8-5.
    2005: Reistma, John Foster and Joey Devine let a close game get away in the 7th, and we lost 7-3 to the Astros.
    2010: Eric Hinske homered in the 8th, but we couldn't hold the lead in the ninth in a 3-2 loss.
    Such a beautiful HR.