Thread: Two people shot in TN church.....

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Two people shot in TN church.....

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — A man accidentally shot himself and his wife at an east Tennessee church on Thursday while he was showing off his gun during a discussion on recent church shootings, police said.

Elder members of First United Methodist Church in Tellico Plains were cleaning up about 1 p.m. after enjoying a luncheon held to celebrate Thanksgiving. They began talking about guns in churches, according to Tellico Plains Police Chief Russ Parks

A man in his 80s pulled out a .380 caliber Ruger handgun and said, "I carry my handgun everywhere," according to Parks.

He removed the magazine, cleared the chamber, and showed the gun to some of the men in the church. He put the magazine back in, apparently loaded a round in the chamber, and returned the gun to its holster, Parks said.

"Somebody else walked up and said, 'Can I see it?'" Parks said. "He pulled it back out and said, 'With this loaded indicator, I can tell that it’s not loaded.'"

He pulled the trigger.

"Evidently he just forgot that he re-chambered the weapon," Parks said.

The gun was lying on its side on a table. The bullet sliced the palm of the man's upward-facing hand, then entered the left side of his wife's abdomen and exited the right side, Parks said
    http://www.11alive.com/mobile/articl...ings/492522839
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    That's absolute bull**** he wasn't charged.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    I suspect the fact he was in his 80s might have won some sympathy in terms of not being charged. That and his wife being injured. It probably did rise to the level of criminal negligence but I don’t think criminal charges are necessary.

However this does show the dangers of guns not just from people with ill intent but also from idiots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    There is no doubt he committed a crime. Remember when the cops say not to blame them because they just enforce the law and don't make the law. Here they are turning a blind eye to a criminal yet they claim they don't have a choice when it comes to drug users.

If this was a black guy he would be charged. How many stories of a black person accidentally shooting a friend getting prison time do I need to post to convince you?

It’s over."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    There is no doubt he committed a crime. Remember when the cops say not to blame them because they just enforce the law and don't make the law. Here they are turning a blind eye to a criminal yet they claim they don't have a choice when it comes to drug users.

If this was a black guy he would be charged. How many stories of a black person accidentally shooting a friend getting prison time do I need to post to convince you?

We all know you hate cops but there’s no crime here. What crime should he be charged with?

Spring Training Invitee Chipper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    We all know you hate cops but there’s no crime here. What crime should he be charged with?
    Stupidity?

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Well why isn't Chicago postings receiving any talk. 2 people, here is a site that gives you up to day stats of Chicago's murders.

http://heyjackass.com/category/2017-stats/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    first i think you could easily find charges

second, we should charge people for being stupid with firearms. it isn't a ****ing toy
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    first i think you could easily find charges

second, we should charge people for being stupid with firearms. it isn't a ****ing toy
    Agreed. You should always handle a gun like it's loaded and should never show it off. Regardless of charges, this guy should lose his carry permit for being irresponsible with a gun. I have no idea if that is a possible punishment, but it should be.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Well why isn't Chicago postings receiving any talk. 2 people, here is a site that gives you up to day stats of Chicago's murders.

I'll take missed the point of this thread for 200 Alex

:cheers

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Because liberals and Democrats think blacks are jokes. The dems don’t care about the inner city failing schools, the nonexistent black families and they sure don’t care about black on black violence. They consider blacks, votes and that’s about it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (11-17-2017)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    I'll take missed the point of this thread for 200 Alex

:cheers
    Actually I don't. You consider this news but as always you do not want to talk about the real issue we have in Chicago.

Typical head in your sand response.

You talk about guns, I will bring up Chicago EVERY ****ing time. To you whites, you don't give a **** about our race killing each other or try to do anything about it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post

If it was an 80 year old black man at his church, I doubt very much charges would have been filed. Old people get away with a lot of stuff because they are old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Actually I don't. You consider this news but as always you do not want to talk about the real issue we have in Chicago.

You talk about guns, I will bring up Chicago EVERY ****ing time. To you whites, you don't give a **** about our race killing each other or try to do anything about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

I find it amazing that Chicago is essentially ignored...by both sides of the aisle.

Do people really understand just how bad it is right now?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    yes, i understand it's bad in south Chicago

again, that has nothing to do with this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    I am no expert on TN law but its probably got charges like reckless use of a firearm or unlawful discharge of a firearm. At the least its disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace. I think the honest thing to do would be to bring charges then offer him to plead down to a lesser charge if he agrees not to handle firearms again and his victims agree to it. Give him probation and community service and be done with it. At the point you accidentally shoot people you lost your second amendment right. If he insists on keeping a gun then bring full felony charges and take away his right to own a gun legally. Prison is supposed to be for people we cant trust not to victimize others.

I just want some consistency in the application of the law. I might be anti cop but I am pro locking up people who harm innocent people. I feel this guy is getting a pass because its assumed he is a good person since he goes to church. For all we know he could be a wife beater or child molester.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts

83% of White people murdered are killed by another white person. When are we going to start taking white on white crime seriously?

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I find it amazing that Chicago is essentially ignored...by both sides of the aisle.

Do people really understand just how bad it is right now?
    Ignoring it is the best solution they have come up with. All their other solutions were about as successful as Dan Kolb save attempts. The first step to fixing Chicago is to recognize the failed policies that created the mess in the first place. We keep doubling down on what caused the problem all the time wondering why it keeps getting worse. We will never incarcerate our way out of this problem.

It’s over."