Thread: Lets see who really cares about our veterans and who is a hypocrite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts

Lets see who really cares about our veterans and who is a hypocrite

This woman honorably discharged from the military was bringing her kids to see their father in NY. She had a legal handgun from her state of Texas. Turns out it wasnt legal in NY. Now she is a convicted felon at Rikers Island because she didnt fully know the law of every state she was passing through. Someone please tell me how kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful to her but charging her with felonies over bull****, putting her in Rikers Island with the most hardcore criminals, taking her kids from their mother, and then the police beat her when arresting her knowing that she is pregnant. I dont care how much money I make if I was ever told to arrest a pregnant veteran over bull**** like that I would quit on the spot.

Now lets see which of you actually care enough to help a military veteran who was railroaded by the justice system. Its one thing to me if it was just done to her but she has 3 kids now growing up without a mother. This **** has been going on in NY for sometime now. They have radically different gun laws then they charge people with felonies for unknowingly breaking those laws when passing through. We cant call a system where legislators make laws only law enforcement knows that are used to charge unwitting travelers with felonies a justice system. This is **** we should be turning to torches and pitchorks and lynching these people who do this.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    This should be easy enough to verify, just go back and check every bill that's come through Congress attempting to help vets in any way and see who voted for it and who voted against it.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Sorry to bust your bubble Cajun but this story is total bull****. The video is really from the Texas rangers assisting child protective services in taking away this woman’s 18 month old. The video and story is from 2015

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dler-care.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Now let’s see who cares enough to fact check !!!!!
    Ivermectin Man

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (11-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Is this like one of those emails I get where I hate my country/police/veterans/Chuck Norris if I don't forward it to 20 people?
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    this country has a military/patriotism fetish that needs to chill out about
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Patriotism is a fetish?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Now let’s see who cares enough to fact check !!!!!

This one had me in so much of a rage I didn't look more into it. Many of my links have local tv coverage or is to a reputable newspaper article.

NY is arresting people traveling through the state who don't know they are violating any law and there are many cases of police brutality and false arrests of veterans I have posted before. Even people who call TSA and ask for the proper procedure to carry their firearm(or even just a part for one) are getting arrested while traveling through a NY airport.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    This one had me in so much of a rage I didn't look more into it. Many of my links have local tv coverage or is to a reputable newspaper article.

NY is arresting people traveling through the state who don't know they are violating any law and there are many cases of police brutality and false arrests of veterans I have posted before. Even people who call TSA and ask for the proper procedure to carry their firearm(or even just a part for one) are getting arrested while traveling through a NY airport.
    Yep. Every gun association or carry group that I know about begs gun owner/carriers to learn the laws of every state they will pass through for this reason. There are a thousand little consistencies that will result in a misdemeanor, a fine, and seizure of your weapon. Some states require that a gun in the car be concealed, some require that it be in plain sight, some require that it be separated from the ammo, some that it be in a latched storage device. And those consistencies are all within the large group of license reciprocity states. Things get really crazy once you get out of those and into less gun friendly locations.

I should also add that most of those laws are intended to keep cops safe, and any time I have been pulled over with a gun in the car I have rolled my window down and put both hands out the window and on the roof, then told the cop what I have and where it is as soon as he walks up. They have always thanked me and never hassled me after that. I am sure there are exceptions out there that wouldn't let that stand, but it has worked for me so far.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    What I would argue if in a situation like that is that the various conflicting state laws create an unreasonable burden on a traveler who just wants to protect himself and his family. While I doubt intent is written into the laws I do believe it is the states responsibility to inform citizens, especially those who do not live in NY that are just passing through. What it seems to me is that the states way of getting this information out there is to crucify people who had no intent of breaking the law so that it makes national news. Its one thing to do that with small things that are fines or whatever. Your out 100 bucks, might literally be stealing from you but its only 100 bucks. They are charging people with felonies and trying to put them in prison for years. This is what I call predatory policing.

It’s over."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    https://www.leafly.com/news/politics...juana-patients

Here is something that I think could go up to a supreme court case. A Honolulu police chief sent a letter to medical patients telling them if they want their medicine they have to give up their guns. This is a no brainer once it reaches the supreme court. Theres always the risk of running into an old fart judge who grew up in the height of the government reefer madness propaganda campaign. One federal judge said "But those hypotheses are not sufficient to overcome Congress’s reasonable conclusion that the use of such drugs raises the risk of irrational or unpredictable behavior with which gun use should not be associated.” You have to be one dumb mother****er to believe that.

I would also like to point out that if any of you use caffine on a daily basis you may have committed fraud when you purchased your gun as that is a stimulant and if you use it every day you are considered addicted to it. Pretty sure that a felony. So how many of you have committed this felony and how many times? How would you feel if tonight at 2 am police with assault rifles storm your house throwing stun grenades through your kids windows to arrest you, ransack your house, then charge you with a felony for every gun you own for a crime you didnt even intend to commit.

It’s over."

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Yep. Every gun association or carry group that I know about begs gun owner/carriers to learn the laws of every state they will pass through for this reason. There are a thousand little consistencies that will result in a misdemeanor, a fine, and seizure of your weapon. Some states require that a gun in the car be concealed, some require that it be in plain sight, some require that it be separated from the ammo, some that it be in a latched storage device. And those consistencies are all within the large group of license reciprocity states. Things get really crazy once you get out of those and into less gun friendly locations.

I should also add that most of those laws are intended to keep cops safe, and any time I have been pulled over with a gun in the car I have rolled my window down and put both hands out the window and on the roof, then told the cop what I have and where it is as soon as he walks up. They have always thanked me and never hassled me after that. I am sure there are exceptions out there that wouldn't let that stand, but it has worked for me so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    As much as I used to love that video it just pisses me off now. Obeying the law is far from a guarantee cops wont kick your ass. A lot of these lawsuits we pay for are because cops beat the **** out of someone who wasnt breaking the law. There are over 40k laws, so good luck memorizing them to make sure you dont accidentally break a law because prosecutors dont give a **** about intent unless your an 80 year old white man in a church.

It is also not legal for police to beat people just for running. As in its a crime. Its just disappointing to me that people laugh at cops brutalizing people. This just normalizes police criminality.

It’s over."