are you a lawyer or something
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I think there's a lot of amateur psychoanalyzing going on and that's a lot of the problem I have with this. A lot of it is just based on the fact that Kavanaugh was a white guy with money. Lots of people have a picture in their mind of what that type of person is like and assuming that narrative his true. And I can't help but think that it's possible that some of the hearsay is based on that.
    Hey you're the guy who introduced Kavanaugh's claims of virginity into the discussion (or rather he did). The rest of us are just responding.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on one's perspective), I did things later in life that are disqualifying.

But my roommate never did. He has lived an upright stable life (as far as I can tell). But he did witness certain things. His testimony would be unimpeachable.
    That's not quite what I was getting at, but Ok.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    are you a lawyer or something
    Is this off the record?
    Ivermectin Man

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (09-25-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Is this off the record?
    probably...the internet never forgets

"I am your retribution."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Guess a lot of people In here forgot how the duke Lacrosse and rolling stone stories ended? Or you guys just hate trump so much you attack and **** on everything he tries to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Hey you're the guy who introduced Kavanaugh's claims of virginity into the discussion (or rather he did). The rest of us are just responding.
    I don't know what you mean by this post. My argument is that a lot of folks are assuming Kavanaugh's guilt largely because of his race, wealth and what they assume he was like in High School and College while using only hearsay to attempt to rationalize this narrative, while ignoring eyewitness testimony. Show me some evidence that implicates Kavanaugh or non hearsay testimony and I'll listen.

Otherwise I'm going to at least give the same weight to Kavanaugh's out right denials as I'm going to give to drunk memories from 35 years ago.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I don't know what you mean by this post. My argument is that a lot of folks are assuming Kavanaugh's guilt largely because of his race, wealth and what they assume he was like in High School and College while using only hearsay to attempt to rationalize this narrative, while ignoring eyewitness testimony. Show me some evidence that implicates Kavanaugh or non hearsay testimony and I'll listen.

Otherwise I'm going to at least give the same weight to Kavanaugh's out right denials as I'm going to give to drunk memories from 35 years ago.
    I believe Ford and Ramirez constitute non-hearsay testimony. Two vs One. Plus the corroborating evidence. Notes from Ford's shrink. The email discussions by Yale students.

More likely than not Kavanaugh is the liar in this situation.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I believe Ford and Ramirez constitute non-hearsay testimony. Two vs One. Plus the corroborating evidence. Notes from Ford's shrink. The email discussions by Yale students.

More likely than not Kavanaugh is the liar in this situation.
    There is no corroborating evidence that implicates Kavanaugh. I already debunked what you attempted to provide, including Ford's shrink's notes as proof of anything. As I've said the only thing we really have is drunken memories from 35 years ago. The rest is hearsay.

You also are completely ignoring testimony from people who were supposedly at both incidents. Also, note that Kavanaugh provided testimony under oath. Does that hold more weight?

I think there's a lot of things this could be and I don't think we should discount the potential that someone could lie or be talked into a false memory because they want to resist the 5-4 imbalance on the court.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    just spit ballin' here but wouldn't an independent FBI investigation tie together these loose ends ?

and haven't all of the accusers requested an FBI investigation ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    There is no corroborating evidence that implicates Kavanaugh. I already debunked what you attempted to provide, including Ford's shrink's notes as proof of anything. As I've said the only thing we really have is drunken memories from 35 years ago. The rest is hearsay.

You also are completely ignoring testimony from people who were supposedly at both incidents. Also, note that Kavanaugh provided testimony under oath. Does that hold more weight?

I think there's a lot of things this could be and I don't think we should discount the potential that someone could lie or be talked into a false memory because they want to resist the 5-4 imbalance on the court.
    One additional observation. Kavanaugh's behavior is consistent with someone trying to win a public relations battle in order to get confirmed, not someone who wants a thorough investigation to clear his name. His friend Mark Judge and others in a position to provide information should be asked to testify under oath.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

The accounts by Ford and Ramirez are not hearsay.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The GOP is so screwed. They are the party that champions and protects abusers of women. I don't know what will be worse for them in the long run, confirming him against so much opposition, withdrawing or getting defeated in a vote. This stench is gonna last a long time.
    Last edited by Runnin; 09-25-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The GOP is so screwed. They are the party that champions and protects abusers of women. I don't know what will be worse for them in the long run, confirming him against so much opposition, withdrawing or getting defeated in a vote. This stench is gonna last a long time.
    they are doing a superb job of motivating the democratic base

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The actual truth of whatever Kavanaugh did or didn't do DOES NOT matter. This is all about public perception. That's why an FBI investigation would be preferable. The more questions that are left surrounding him the more he and the GOP will be vilified and denounced.

It's a no-brainer. His nomination should be withdrawn. They've got a list of other judges who would be less controversial. But Trump wants this guy to protect him from Mueller.
    Last edited by Runnin; 09-25-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    What we need is an investigation. Instead we are getting spin and PR, and not very good spin and PR at that. For example we have this from Kavanaugh's interview yesterday:

"When I was in high school -- and I went to an all-boys Catholic high school where I was focused on academics and athletics and going to church every Sunday at Little Flower and working on my service projects and friendships."

After all that has emerged, does it help his case to try to make claims about being a choir boy and late virgin? Methinks he is being badly served by the people who are helping him with his talking points.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    "I did not have sexual intercourse or anything close to sexual intercourse in high school or for many years thereafter."

I think he has opened a can of worms there. One of his Yale friends has already tweeted that that's not what Kavanaugh claimed when they were both freshmen.

I guess the people who helped him prepare for this interview are as incompetent as the rest of the folks at the White House.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-25-2018 at 11:02 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    What we need is an investigation. Instead we are getting spin and PR, and not very good spin and PR at that. For example we have this from Kavanaugh's interview yesterday:

"When I was in high school -- and I went to an all-boys Catholic high school where I was focused on academics and athletics and going to church every Sunday at Little Flower and working on my service projects and friendships."

After all that has emerged, does it help his case to try to make claims about being a choir boy and late virgin? Methinks he is being badly served by the people who are helping him with his talking points.
    I'm guessing that more of his classmates will soon refute that image.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I'm guessing that more of his classmates will soon refute that image.
    It doesn't matter. It's damned if you do damned if you don't in the eyes of those who are biased against white wealthy Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh was a sex repressed sexual predator if he wasn't a sex hound gang rapist.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    The accounts by Ford and Ramirez are not hearsay.
    As I said, other than their drunken memories from 35 years ago the rest of it is hearsay.
    thank you weso1!