Page 71 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3063

Thread: Legal/scotus thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Kav should sue Trump for putting him in that situation and telling him to lie to Congress.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Kav should sue Trump for putting him in that situation and telling him to lie to Congress.
    Do you have a single iota of proof that he lied?

Why does the party of science reduce to acknowledge the evidence at hand? You guys are re-litigating this all over again, when once again, there's not a single person who can remember this story happening

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    He lied about so much stuff, tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I mean, homey said he’d never puked from drinking too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    He seemed to be lying profligately about his time in the Bush Admin, too, but the Judiciary Committee wouldn’t subpoena the records that could have proven it. He lied—in lawyerly fashion, but nonetheless lied—about all kinds of details of his personal life. The idea that he should get the benefit of the doubt when accused of lying is laughable. Legally, yes. But we all know better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Oh... so no proof?

Does Julio believe Kavanaugh was running the gang rape ring?

LOL you guys have lost it.

This new bombshell report forgets to mention that the alleged victim denies remembering anything about it.

It's a joke. But if you want to keep juicing Trump's turnout, that is of course, your right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    It takes a full day to issue this correction. Of course, the damage is done. The correction never gets the same attention or exposure. Sheep like runnin are now convinced. But it is nonsense, yet again.

Editors who publish this story should be fired. Instead? They'll keep pushing their ideological agenda and the sheep will fall for the next one, hook line and sinker.

And then y'all get upset about the term fake news.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    That seems to be saying that the alleged victim doesn’t remember the incident—not terribly surprising, given the context—but that other people do. The point is that there’s not courtroom evidence to prove that this happened, and that there’s no reason to believe anything BK says that’s not independently verifiable, because he’s so obviously a ****ing liar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    And the NYT's omitting that... seemingly relevant detail of the story?

Just an accident, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I think he should sue NYT to clear his name.
    I would
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    And the NYT's omitting that... seemingly relevant detail of the story?

Just an accident, right?
    have you read the book ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So, uh, to the point, without “rape ring” strawmen, do you think he was truthful in his confirmation hearing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    So, uh, to the point, without “rape ring” strawmen, do you think he was truthful in his confirmation hearing?
    I don't think he raped anyone, which is why he was on stage.

If you want to say it's unlikely that he blacked out or never puked from alcohol, that's all a matter of extreme subjectivity. For example, I drank my face off in college but never blacked out. I also never puked the night of... but every now and then would puke the next day during a hangover.

Now... there I go again, answering your question directly without you providing the same courtesy.

So your turn... do you think he ran the gang rape ring? Do you think he raped Ford? Do you think he shoved his dick in Ramirez's face? Why do you think the NYT omitted that minor detail from their reporting?

If the answer to any of the first 3 questions is yes, I'd have to ask why? Since you're part of the party of the science, after all...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    have you read the book ?

To clear his name and put all of this to bed should BK sue NYT for libel ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    have you read the book ?

To clear his name and put all of this to bed should BK sue NYT for libel ?
    I haven't and neither have you. I have no interest in it because I've seen the summary that their "gut instinct" is that he did it... but of course, that gosh darn evidence was just too hard to uncover.

Here's another little fun tidbit from the book... the one named witness Dr. Ford provided - Leyland Keyser - said that the story didn't make any sense, and that her mutual friends threatened a smear campaign if she didn't change her story to help Ford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Do you have a single iota of proof that he lied?
    He lied about his drinking and it's been common knowledge since the confirmation. Don't you follow the news?

“There is no doubt in my mind that while at Yale, he was a big partier, often drank to excess, and there had to be a number of nights where he does not remember,” said Lynn Brookes, a college classmate.

Kavanaugh and his friends were “loud, obnoxious frat boy-like drunks,” who were the “hardest drinkers on campus,” according to Kit Winter, Kavanaugh’s other freshman-year college roommate.

“I definitely saw him on multiple occasions stumbling drunk where he could not have rational control over his actions or clear recollection of them,” said Daniel Livan, who lived in Kavanaugh’s dorm. “His depiction of himself is inaccurate.”

“The fact is, at Yale, and I can speak to no other times, Brett was a frequent drinker, and a heavy drinker,” said Chad Ludington, a Yale classmate of Kavanaugh’s. “I know because, especially in our first two years of college, I often drank with him. On many occasions I heard Brett slur his words and saw him staggering from alcohol consumption, not all of which was beer.”

The list goes on. Why weren't these people asked to comment for the committee??? Why indeed.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    He lied about his drinking and it's been common knowledge since the confirmation. Don't you follow the news?

“There is no doubt in my mind that while at Yale, he was a big partier, often drank to excess, and there had to be a number of nights where he does not remember,” said Lynn Brookes, a college classmate.

Kavanaugh and his friends were “loud, obnoxious frat boy-like drunks,” who were the “hardest drinkers on campus,” according to Kit Winter, Kavanaugh’s other freshman-year college roommate.

“I definitely saw him on multiple occasions stumbling drunk where he could not have rational control over his actions or clear recollection of them,” said Daniel Livan, who lived in Kavanaugh’s dorm. “His depiction of himself is inaccurate.”

“The fact is, at Yale, and I can speak to no other times, Brett was a frequent drinker, and a heavy drinker,” said Chad Ludington, a Yale classmate of Kavanaugh’s. “I know because, especially in our first two years of college, I often drank with him. On many occasions I heard Brett slur his words and saw him staggering from alcohol consumption, not all of which was beer.”

The list goes on. Why weren't these people asked to comment for the committee??? Why indeed.
    Because he softened his drinking to not look like a drunkard in front of the world before his most important job interview the natural conclusion is he raped these women?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    This nonsense, whether valid or not, is what you get when ideology becomes the primary motivation in the selection of judges and when judges allow themselves to be so ideologically motivated that they become a super Congress.

This is not and has never been a righteous crusade against putting a sex criminal on the Supreme Court. Nor has it been a noble attempt to protect an innocent man. This is a political power play. The left doesn't care if any of these allegations are true. They could know for a fact they were false and they'd still be jumping on them in an attempt to gain a political edge. The right doesn't care if they're true or not either. They could know for a fact every allegation was the gospel truth and they'd still write them off in an attempt to gain a political edge of their own.

So no one should fool themselves into thinking they're getting the truth in this.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (09-16-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Anyone who is outraged that Kavanaugh wasn't wholly forthcoming about his drinking in college in his confirmation hearing should probably have paid more attention to other confirmation hearings. No SCOTUS judge tells the whole truth. It's just a question of what they lie about. Most commonly the lies are about how their decisions will be guided by the law (these Justices know they're going to do whatever they want the second they get on the court). They will always try to portray themselves as paragons of virtue which none of them are.

This isn't saying Kavanaugh was right. I'm just saying that the outrage isn't really about whether or not he was honest. It's just an excuse. Being outraged because of ideology doesn't lend the same moral high ground that being outraged over honesty does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts

As I said, I partied like crazy in college... would stumble home, fall out of bed, slur words etc.

And I never blacked out.

What you just showed is not proof. Its circumstantial.

And let's also keep in mind that it's a complete joke that he was having to answer questions about this