Page 50 of 154 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3063

Thread: Legal/scotus thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Yes says the guy that reposts tweets he finds interesting or provocative.

Your opinion of Trumps performance last night and why it is or isnt a symptom of unparalleled dosplay insensitivity from one holding the office of POTUS?

I believe that,was the last retweet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    All you need to do is flip back a few pages and witness the behavior to anyone expressing a different opinion. It got fairly disgusting. I choose not to dive in much as a result.
    Flip back a few pages and see people unable to face their complicity in the fix we find ourselves.

Personal responsibility is what I think you and yours have called it.

Different opinions would be how we address problems.
    There is a huge difference between opinion and ethos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Yes says the guy that reposts tweets he finds interesting or provocative.

Your opinion of Trumps performance last night and why it is or isnt a symptom of unparalleled dosplay insensitivity from one holding the office of POTUS?

I believe that,was the last retweet
    I didn't see your retweet or Trump's performance last night. Didn't vote for him either if that tells you anything.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Flip back a few pages and see people unable to face their complicity in the fix we find ourselves.

Personal responsibility is what I think you and yours have called it.

Different opinions would be how we address problems.
    There is a huge difference between opinion and ethos.
    Yes, your lot telling someone to DIE for saying they would need to hear her testimony before deciding would be a noble ethos. Bravo.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I have " a lot "
    Cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    i guess all the trumpophile snowflakes have retreated to their safe spaces...as a marginalized persecuted minority group I'm sure they don't feel safe around here...so sensitive
    Last edited by nsacpi; 10-03-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I think this thing about Ford's supposed ex coming forward to seemingly refute some of her testimony warrants further exploration, but here's a good point made by a conservative writer, who appears supportive of Kavanaugh.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...s-ex-boyfriend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Yes, your lot telling someone to DIE for saying they would need to hear her testimony before deciding would be a noble ethos. Bravo.
    Ignore the crazy talk and try and stick to the discussion. That's what "our lot" has had to learn to do.

Would you like to give an endorsement of Kavanaugh, now that he has shown his dark side? He actually brought up the Clintons in a conspiracy theory worthy of Alex Jones and then threatened the Dems with retribution.

Btw, except for a few comments by some who don't often post here, I think the opposition has been behaving quite admirably considering the scum that is in now in the WH.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    i guess all the trumpophile snowflakes have retreated to their safe spaces...as a marginalized persecuted minority group I'm sure they don't feel safe around here...so sensitive
    I was confused about why I was seeing one of 57's posts, until I saw your name here.

As for my thoughts on the Kavanaugh war, I think Striker summarized things nicely, and there haven't been any significant developments or worthwhile conversation since then.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (10-03-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Ignore the crazy talk and try and stick to the discussion.
    good advice...but for some the narrative of personal victimhood or victimhood as a member of a persecuted minority (white men) is too much fun to pass up

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I was confused about why I was seeing one of 57's posts, until I saw your name here.

As for my thoughts on the Kavanaugh war, I think Striker summarized things nicely, and there haven't been any significant developments or worthwhile conversation since then.
    point of clarification...you are not one of the people i would characterize as a snowflake...i enjoy discussing the issues of the day with you and always feel that you have reciprocated with a respectful consideration of whatever points I'm making...even when they have not been entirely deserving of respectful consideration

"I am your retribution."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Jaw (10-03-2018), Tapate50 (10-03-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Ignore the crazy talk and try and stick to the discussion. That's what "our lot" has had to learn to do.

Would you like to give an endorsement of Kavanaugh, now that he has shown his dark side? He actually brought up the Clintons in a conspiracy theory worthy of Alex Jones and then threatened the Dems with retribution.

Btw, except for a few comments by some who don't often post here, I think the opposition has been behaving quite admirably considering the scum that is in now in the WH.
    The gang mentality has run people off and lets not marginalize the folks throwing the threats and insults, they are regulars. Pretty sad.

Assumptions are dangerous, and to which yours is wrong. I didn't endorse Kavanaugh from the beginning of this circus if you care to look back, but needing more than "a woman says he assaulted her 40 years ago" to go on was my position on the matter of going forward with his nomination at all. The simple fact that its dangerous to believe any unsubstantiated account of an instance without evidence at all, guilty before proven innocent type of stuff.

Sturg's too... but we couldn't even hear anyone out, minds had to be made up or we were pro kavanaugh and anti womens rights and hate all women in that instant instead of listening to all the info.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    someone once called me a neoconservative around here...boo hoo...we need to be a little less sensitive

btw i liked the Kavanaugh pick when it was announced...i have changed my mind even though i still believe his judicial philosophy would line up with mine
    Last edited by nsacpi; 10-03-2018 at 02:28 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    someone once called me a neoconservative around here...boo hoo...we need to be a little less sensitive

btw i liked the Kavanaugh pick when it was announced...i have changed my mind even though i still believe his judicial philosophy would line up with mine
    Great story, really.

But, it never got as personal as I saw earlier. Who likes being called a racist? Like getting called a white supremacist ? Who likes getting told they need to die for needing more info on a topic? Getting told they probably assaulted a ton of women with that attitude? No one really. It was a low point for this forum. In a place where you decide where\how you spend your time I can totally get not wanting to go somewhere and spend your time where that is being done. Other interests and hobbies and so on...
    Last edited by Tapate50; 10-03-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Great story, really.

But, it never got as personal as I saw earlier. Who likes being called a racist? Like getting called a white supremacist ? Who likes getting told they need to die for needing more info on a topic? Getting told they probably assaulted a ton of women with that attitude? No one really. It was a low point for this forum. In a place where you decide where\how you spend your time I can totally get not wanting to go somewhere and spend your time where that is being done. Other interests and hobbies and so on...
    I'm not saying anyone has to like being called any of those things...but I'm saying it is not manly to not just shrug it off...sorry for the lack of gender-neutral language

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I have been on these boards since 2004 election and have never called anyone stupid or threatened anyone with physical violence (Remember that Oklahoma Hawk ? !!!!! )
    Or even used Brietbartish language in a feeble attempt to disparage the Chief Justice of the US (this morning actually ) because I disagreed with him on a decision
    I don't think in those terms. In this virtual life or in real life
    I post quotes ,articles, memes and quips and let you the reader decide what you think
    and perhaps spark a discussion

So please with the they were mean to us crocodile tears .

Why not go back to the beginning of the Womans March thread before assigning "lot"s
    http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6374

I dont think in my life I have ever been called a racist. I in fact don't believe racist s the term one wants to use when talking about an individual. I see racism as systemic symptom of bigitry
    I would wager the farm there are quite a few others here that will agree
    Many times I have written this stupid line I read many years ago
    "if you show up at a party wearing a red suit, you can't get pissed off when people talk about you wearing a red suit"

Tapate50 --- just don't wear a red suit and you (royal) get away clean.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-03-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The gang mentality has run people off and lets not marginalize the folks throwing the threats and insults, they are regulars. Pretty sad.

Assumptions are dangerous, and to which yours is wrong. I didn't endorse Kavanaugh from the beginning of this circus if you care to look back, but needing more than "a woman says he assaulted her 40 years ago" to go on was my position on the matter of going forward with his nomination at all. The simple fact that its dangerous to believe any unsubstantiated account of an instance without evidence at all, guilty before proven innocent type of stuff.

Sturg's too... but we couldn't even hear anyone out, minds had to be made up or we were pro kavanaugh and anti womens rights and hate all women in that instant instead of listening to all the info.
    Many here began only wanting an investigation. Just like Russian involvement in the 2016 election.

If I had a nickel for everytime --- well, I could help SAV out

Can we now get back to talking about the absurd situation DJT and his followers have put us ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I'm not saying anyone has to like being called any of those things...but I'm saying it is not manly to not just shrug it off...sorry for the lack of gender-neutral language
    Yeah, just find other ways to spend your time that are more ...well worthy of your time. Don't have to like it, but don't have to willingly participate either.

I get you are saying "get tougher" but everyone has limited amounts of time. Several posters for either base have chimed in to describe how beneificial a sabbatical can be from this portion. So there's that...
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Awesome, glad you called for an investigation and they listened. You are the cog in the engine that could.
    Many here began only wanting an investigation. Just like Russian involvement in the 2016 election.

If I had a nickel for everytime --- well, I could help SAV out

Can we now get back to talking about the absurd situation DJT and his followers have put us ?
    Last edited by Tapate50; 10-03-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    Ivermectin Man

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I agree with Tapate that people said some overheated stuff, and I personally hate to see that kind of thing aimed at someone like him, whom I’d love to see post here more often.

That said, I dunno about the “gang mentality” thing. There are barely enough folks who post regularly from any particular perspective to form a decent crew, much less a gang. And the numbers don’t seem to me to be particularly skewed, ideologically speaking. Nor do the envelope-pushing takes, honestly.