Page 24 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal/scotus thread

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I’m not really sure what your position is. Surely you agree the allegations, if true, amount to assault. Why posit a false equivalence that you acknowledge is false? Unless you’re saying that the allegations don’t amount to assault.
    Before I answer, you think the female forcing her breast on me and grabbing my hand and putting it on her ass ass as different than the allegations?

What makes them different?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    LOL seriously guys?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    When Ford bails on her planned testimony Thursday, are y'all ready to start to be skeptical?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Before I answer, you think the female forcing her breast on me and grabbing my hand and putting it on her ass ass as different than the allegations?

I would say what Ford describes is quite different. But there are similarities with what Ramirez says happened.

Some differences too however. You (the victim) were presumably not drunk. It would be worse if she attacked you with her breasts while you were too drunk to defend yourself. No?
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I would say what Ford describes is quite different. But there are similarities with what Ramirez says happened.

Some differences too however. You (the victim) were presumably not drunk. It would be worse if she attacked you with her breasts while you were too drunk to defend yourself. No?
    The Ford accusations are quite serious as I've said over and over.the (extremely flimsy) Ramirez allegations are no different than what happened to me. And I was quite hammered as it was 4 freshmen in a dormroom drinking shots. When the other two left the girl decided to make a move, and I left bc I wasn't interested.cant remember the excuse I made to leave.

Having said that, do y'all think I should call the hospital she works at and let them know of this behavior??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    generally bad behavior is judged in part based upon the vulnerability of the people it is directed at...the same bad behavior directed at someone in a wheelchair will be seen differently than if it was directed at say a professional athlete
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I was hammered. All 4 of us were. I just said that

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Perhaps because you were able to decline an unwanted advance and leave. Perhaps because you weren’t concerned that you were going to be raped or otherwise physically harmed.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    requiring an elevated standard of honesty and character
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Let's not confuse ethics with the pure, unadulterated subjectivity of the "honesty and character" barometer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Perhaps because you were able to decline an unwanted advance and leave. Perhaps because you weren’t concerned that you were going to be raped or otherwise physically harmed.
    Perhaps?

Didn't Ramirez, from her own account, decline an unwanted advance? Does it matter if she was concerned about being raped? Was she raped? Are we litigating based on feelings now?

I don't see the reason for your dancing. We can call it what it is. The difference between the two situations is one person is a woman and the other is a man. You are free to admit that you have different standards here.

The amount of hoops y'all are jumping through to hope all this stuff is true is bizarre. These accusations are so weak that the most newspapers refused to publish them. The fact that people think we should make these decisions based on an accusation - where the accuser can't even confirm it was the accused - is TDS at its finest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

She is clearly not Supreme Court material.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

Any thoughts on revisiting your post in regards to evidence that Kavanaugh is a sexual predator after he stated that he was a virgin into his early 20's? That was a pretty strong statement by Kavanaugh.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Politics and Supreme Court nominations aside, this is pretty disgusting. It seems to contradict that he was a virgin into his 20's.

Brett Kavanaugh’s page in his high school yearbook offers a glimpse of the teenage years of the man who is now President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee: lots of football, plenty of drinking, parties at the beach. Among the reminiscences about sports and booze is a mysterious entry: “Renate Alumnius.”

The word “Renate” appears at least 14 times in Georgetown Preparatory School’s 1983 yearbook, on individuals’ pages and in a group photo of nine football players, including Judge Kavanaugh, who were described as the “Renate Alumni.” It is a reference to Renate Schroeder, then a student at a nearby Catholic girls’ school.

Two of Judge Kavanaugh’s classmates say the mentions of Renate were part of the football players’ unsubstantiated boasting about their conquests.

“They were very disrespectful, at least verbally, with Renate,” said Sean Hagan, a Georgetown Prep student at the time, referring to Judge Kavanaugh and his teammates. “I can’t express how disgusted I am with them, then and now.”
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Let's not confuse ethics with the pure, unadulterated subjectivity of the "honesty and character" barometer.
    Yeah. Tell me more about “the sanctity of the briefing room.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Perhaps?

Didn't Ramirez, from her own account, decline an unwanted advance? Does it matter if she was concerned about being raped? Was she raped? Are we litigating based on feelings now?

I don't see the reason for your dancing. We can call it what it is. The difference between the two situations is one person is a woman and the other is a man. You are free to admit that you have different standards here.

The amount of hoops y'all are jumping through to hope all this stuff is true is bizarre. These accusations are so weak that the most newspapers refused to publish them. The fact that people think we should make these decisions based on an accusation - where the accuser can't even confirm it was the accused - is TDS at its finest.
    Er, well, I was referring more to the Ford allegations, which involved, yannow, being trapped in a room with a reasonable belief that she was going to be raped or asphyxiated. But, sorry that girl put her boob on you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Politics and Supreme Court nominations aside, this is pretty disgusting. It seems to contradict that he was a virgin into his 20's.

Brett Kavanaugh’s page in his high school yearbook offers a glimpse of the teenage years of the man who is now President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee: lots of football, plenty of drinking, parties at the beach. Among the reminiscences about sports and booze is a mysterious entry: “Renate Alumnius.”

The word “Renate” appears at least 14 times in Georgetown Preparatory School’s 1983 yearbook, on individuals’ pages and in a group photo of nine football players, including Judge Kavanaugh, who were described as the “Renate Alumni.” It is a reference to Renate Schroeder, then a student at a nearby Catholic girls’ school.

Two of Judge Kavanaugh’s classmates say the mentions of Renate were part of the football players’ unsubstantiated boasting about their conquests.

“They were very disrespectful, at least verbally, with Renate,” said Sean Hagan, a Georgetown Prep student at the time, referring to Judge Kavanaugh and his teammates. “I can’t express how disgusted I am with them, then and now.”
    You forgot the quote where Renate said she has no idea what they're talking about, but that the accusations of her sleeping with them were not true.

But please... more diving into yearbook phrases to decide our justices!

Circus

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Yeah. Tell me more about “the sanctity of the briefing room.”
    Basically, ethics are only relevant when they align with your hyper-partisan moral prerogatives?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Er, well, I was referring more to the Ford allegations, which involved, yannow, being trapped in a room with a reasonable belief that she was going to be raped or asphyxiated. But, sorry that girl put her boob on you.
    Dude... I have said probably 25 times in this thread that the Ford allegations are serious, should be heard, and if true, are disqualifying

But y'all hopped on to the Ramirez story as soon as it broke, and look like fools.

I survived the boov, and it appears Ramirez survived the alleged penis that she isn't sure was BKs or not.

Lucky us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post

This is infowars conspiracy level stuff. Kavanaugh opened himself up with his comment about being a virgin. If it's not true he's highly vulnerable to someone he slept with coming out and contradicting his claim. This is especially true if he was someone who had sex with lots of women.
    thank you weso1!