Page 25 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal/scotus thread

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    This is infowars conspiracy level stuff. Kavanaugh opened himself up with his comment about being a virgin. If it's not true he's highly vulnerable to someone he slept with coming out and contradicting his claim. This is especially true if he was someone who had sex with lots of women.
    And you know someone will say they did, whether it's true or not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    This is infowars conspiracy level stuff. Kavanaugh opened himself up with his comment about being a virgin. If it's not true he's highly vulnerable to someone he slept with coming out and contradicting his claim. This is especially true if he was someone who had sex with lots of women.
    It's worth remembering that his virginity has nothing to do with the two claims against him. He could be guilty of both and still remained a virgin into his 30s.
    Last edited by Runnin; 09-25-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (09-25-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Any thoughts on revisiting your post in regards to evidence that Kavanaugh is a sexual predator after he stated that he was a virgin into his early 20's? That was a pretty strong statement by Kavanaugh.
    the virginity defense is interesting...I will simply observe that it is possible to be a predator while technically remaining a virgin
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-25-2018 at 06:54 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    the virginity defense is interesting...I will simply observe that it is possible to be a predator while technically remaining a virgin
    It's just another example of a supposedly "smart" guy with a total inability to think outside the box. It's reminiscent of Bill Clinton's "It wasn't sex. It was fellatio."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    He also categorically and specifically denying both incidents. It's not like he left the door cracked there

Y'all are being really intellectually dishonest here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    He also categorically and specifically denying both incidents. It's not like he left the door cracked there

Y'all are being really intellectually dishonest here
    dishonest? clearly there is a liar in this situatiion

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    dishonest? clearly there is a liar in this situatiion
    and i'll side with the woman who knew what was at stake and has since had to move due to death threats that she knew would be coming if she came forward. she has nothing to gain here. she's terrified of a ****ty, privileged human piece of garbage receiving a lifetime appointment to the SC. as she should be. it's an enormous deal.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    the fact that kavanaugh's first statement as a nominee was a trumpian, blatant lie is alarming enough. "no one has vetted more diverse candidates for the SC ever before! and I, ME, got chosen! we are both great, pick us!"

the fact republicans don't think sexual assault is an epidemic in this country is terrifying. it's a huge deal but they simply dismiss it at every turn, unless it suits them politically.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

Runnin (09-25-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    we literally have high schools sweeping rapes under the rug to protect student athletes. high schools. teenage girls are being raped, but we can't let it disrupt school spirit.

and yet, it's unbelievable that a bunch of privileged douches who rarely saw consequences for their gross actions are capable of what they're being accused of?

some people find the "me too" movement more offensive than the rampant sexual assaults and rapes of women. that in and of itself is embarrassing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

57Brave (09-25-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    From the New Yorker article:

Mark Krasberg, an assistant professor of neurosurgery at the University of New Mexico who was also a member of Kavanaugh and Ramirez’s class at Yale, said Kavanaugh’s college behavior had become a topic of discussion among former Yale students soon after Kavanaugh’s nomination. In one e-mail that Krasberg received in September, the classmate who recalled hearing about the incident with Ramirez alluded to the allegation and wrote that it “would qualify as a sexual assault,” he speculated, “if it’s true.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...eborah-ramirez

It seems to me more likely than not that something DID happen, Kavanaugh's categorical denials notwithstanding.

There is also this in the New Yorker article:

A classmate of Ramirez’s, who declined to be identified because of the partisan battle over Kavanaugh’s nomination, said that another student told him about the incident either on the night of the party or in the next day or two. The classmate said that he is “one-hundred-per-cent sure” that he was told at the time that Kavanaugh was the student who exposed himself to Ramirez. He independently recalled many of the same details offered by Ramirez, including that a male student had encouraged Kavanaugh as he exposed himself.

"I am your retribution."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Super (09-25-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    As I noted, there is obviously a liar in this situation.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts

Mark Krasberg, an assistant professor of neurosurgery at the University of New Mexico who was also a member of Kavanaugh and Ramirez’s class at Yale, said Kavanaugh’s college behavior had become a topic of discussion among former Yale students soon after Kavanaugh’s nomination. In one e-mail that Krasberg received in September, the classmate who recalled hearing about the incident with Ramirez alluded to the allegation and wrote that it “would qualify as a sexual assault,” he speculated, “if it’s true.”

It seems to me more likely than not that something DID happen, Kavanaugh's categorical denials notwithstanding.

A classmate of Ramirez’s, who declined to be identified because of the partisan battle over Kavanaugh’s nomination, said that another student told him about the incident either on the night of the party or in the next day or two. The classmate said that he is “one-hundred-per-cent sure” that he was told at the time that Kavanaugh was the student who exposed himself to Ramirez. He independently recalled many of the same details offered by Ramirez, including that a male student had encouraged Kavanaugh as he exposed himself.
    just privileged boys being boys. shoving their penises in women's faces for lulz. should they really be held accountable for such actions? that seems absurd considering how much money their parents had.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts

You ever played the game where you whisper something in someones ear and it goes around 20 something people, and the phrase is completely different by the time it comes back to the original person?

In this post, I see no one that was present?
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    You ever played the game where you whisper something in someones ear and it goes around 20 something people, and the phrase is completely different by the time it comes back to the original person?

plus, have we considered how he grew up? how could he know any better? i'm sure he was always very respectful to women and these are all just total lies. also, money anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

The people talking to the New Yorker are not a bunch of gossipy undergraduates. They are people in their 50s who have had time to reflect on these events. Time works against memory. But it also provides perspective. Given the stakes involved, why would the people quoted in the New Yorker article repeat gossip about things they are not sure of.

Thinking back to my college days in most cases I would not have anything to say if one of my classmates was appointed to high office. But there was one guy who was the campus cocaine dealer. And a couple others who regularly needed an ambulance called in because they OD'd. Those guys I remember very clearly and would not feel I was speculating about if someone asked me about them.

"I am your retribution."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Super (09-25-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    plus, have we considered how he grew up? how could he know any better? i'm sure he was always very respectful to women and these are all just total lies. also, money anyone?
    You obviously have been affected by this personally judging by your last few posts. I would venture to say you couldn't possibly remain unbiased in this conversation.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    You obviously have been affected by this personally judging by your last few posts. I would venture to say you couldn't possibly remain unbiased in this conversation.
    i've seen privileged people get away with things non-privileged people wouldn't be able to, correct. pretty frequently, in my personal life and also just in general. it's extremely common. i'm sure you're very unbiased, tho.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Qualify “privileged”?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Qualify “privileged”?
    white and rich, mostly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    The people talking to the New Yorker are not a bunch of gossipy undergraduates. They are people in their 50s who have had time to reflect on these events. Time works against memory. But it also provides perspective. Given the stakes involved, why would the people quoted in the New Yorker article repeat gossip about things they are not sure of.

Because that's human nature?

Thinking back to my college days in most cases I would not have anything to say if one of my classmates was appointed to high office. But there was one guy who was the campus cocaine dealer. And a couple others who regularly needed an ambulance called in because they OD'd. Those guys I remember very clearly and would not feel I was speculating about if someone asked me about them.

So you would go on record without any personal knowledge of the specific situation to have them fired?
    ^.
    Ivermectin Man