Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Tax Bill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Lowest unemployement number for segments of the population in deades.

Increased wages at rates we hvaen't seen in over a decade

Yeah - the tax bill had no impact on that.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/small...100017769.html

Ho hum

And you all wonder why we trumpy supporters have grown in numbers and are more satisfied than ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I think the movie idiocracy explained it just fine.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The news keeps getting better:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ory-us-budget/

All told the government collected $515 billion and spent $297 billion, for a total monthly surplus of $218 billion. That swamped the previous monthly record of $190 billion, set in 2001.

“Those payments were mostly related to economic activity in 2017 and may reflect stronger-than-expected income growth in that year,” the analysts said in their monthly budget review. “Part of the strength in receipts also may reflect larger-than-anticipated payments for economic activity in 2018. The reasons for the added revenues will be better understood as more detailed information becomes available later this year.”

So far, seven months into fiscal year 2018, the government is running a $382 billion deficit. That’s $37 billion worse than last year’s figure through seven months, chiefly because spending has surged 5 percent so far this year.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Once it can be demonstrated to people that they don't need government services to run their lives we can actually cut spending and fix our debt crisis. You lower taxes and you get higher tax revenues. Its not difficult.
    Natural Immunity Croc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (05-25-2018)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Job openings in America are now 6.5M, which is a record since the beginning of tracking it in 2001.

Tax law supports activity like this... Y'all get that, right?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (05-25-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Job openings in America are now 6.5M, which is a record since the beginning of tracking it in 2001.

They will continue to deny the merit of a low tax/regulatory environment. This is the way it should always be. Take power away from the government and put it in the individuals hands. Rising tide...
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

No?

Ok back to "rich people got a bigger tax cut than poor people" tweets

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (05-25-2018)

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    If you guys don’t care about the deficit, I’m cool with your argument here. If you think the solution to pay for this is to privatize social security and Medicare, it’s not so cool.

And to thethe’s point, a 10% tax would pay the government a lot more than a 1% tax. Ask Oklahoma about their fracking/budget versus North Dakota. Oklahoma probably has the most conservative government in the nation and they’re constantly running deficits because they refuse to do anything about it other than cut education so they can have 4 day school weeks.
    Last edited by Managuarantano's Volunteers; 05-08-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Managuarantano's Volunteers View Post
    If you guys don’t care about the deficit, I’m cool with your argument here. If you think the solution to pay for this is to privatize social security and Medicare, it’s not so cool.

And to thethe’s point, a 10% tax would pay the government a lot more than a 1% tax. Ask Oklahoma about their fracking/budget versus North Dakota. Oklahoma probably has the most conservative government in the nation and they’re constantly running deficits because they refuse to do anything about it other than cut education so they can have 4 day school weeks.
    Let people keep their money and save for themselves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

You probably wouldn't be up for the amount of spending cuts I want to see.

I'm not cool with deficits... It is robbing future generations. But the easiest way to not have them is to cut needless spending, which is 70% of our spending

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Let people keep their money and save for themselves
    Wait till you’re 65, and we’ll see if you still agree with this. I’ve met several people who had this opinion in their 30s who suddenly changed their mind around retirement age.

I think all young people are assuming the program(s) will end, but they don’t have to.
    Last edited by Managuarantano's Volunteers; 05-08-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    You probably wouldn't be up for the amount of spending cuts I want to see.

I'm not cool with deficits... It is robbing future generations. But the easiest way to not have them is to cut needless spending, which is 70% of our spending
    A trillion dollar deficit is hard to kill with just spending cuts unless you’re going to the military, which I know almost everyone is against. You need both cuts and to avoid lowering taxes excessively.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Wait till you’re 65, and we’ll see if you still agree with this. I’ve met several people who had this opinion in their 30s who suddenly changed their mind around retirement age.

I think all young people are assuming the program will end, but it doesn’t have to.
    I'm ensuring I have my own retirement package. Equities/real estate /career using my mind.

My retirement is very secure without a penny from the government. It'd be even more secure if this tax code was in place for the last 15 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    A trillion dollar deficit is hard to kill with just spending cuts unless you’re going to the military, which I know almost everyone is against. You need both cuts and to avoid lowering taxes excessively.
    Look at the surplus generated in april. It's consistently a month with surplus but we are still trending at highs while also increasing apending. Let this administration make cuts to programs and allow tax cuts to take full effect. Our budget deficit will look much better at the end of 2024.

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    I'm ensuring I have my own retirement package. Equities/real estate /career using my mind.

My retirement is very secure without a penny from the government. It'd be even more secure if this tax code was in place for the last 15 years
    Even so, I think you’ll appreciate it.

You can’t expect everyone else to be as smart as you were financially (or you can, but they will let you down). Plus some people have things like near terminal cancer pop up that are uncontrollable.
    Last edited by Managuarantano's Volunteers; 05-08-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Look at the surplus generated in april. It's consistently a month with surplus but we are still trending at highs while also increasing apending. Let this administration make cuts to programs and allow tax cuts to take full effect. Our budget deficit will look much better at the end of 2024.
    I am fairly sure that the largest gains from the bill will be immediate when companies are changing their plans for the law. Let’s give it a year and see if we’re still having record highs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Even so, I think you’ll appreciate it.

You can’t expect everyone else to be as smart as you were financially (or you can, but they will let you down).
    All I will appreciate is getting back a fraction of the value of the money I put in over time.

I get it. Not everyone makes the right decisions. What I don't get is why those of us that do should be penalized for it. I'm all for supporting the sector of society that truly is unable to support themselves. Those able bodied and mind should fend for themselves. It's not all that difficult to make smart financial decisions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I am fairly sure that the largest gains from the bill will be immediate when companies are changing their plans for the law. Let’s give it a year and see if we’re still having record highs.
    Repatriation of overseas cash will generate a nice boon for sure. However, ecpandinding workforce also contributed to the tax pool on both the the employer and employer side.

There is a lot of investment being done currently which results in what's called section 179 depreciation. Essentially business owners can buy expensive fixed assets to grow their business and take a temendous amount of depreciation up front reducing their cash outlay for tax purposes in the early years. This will reduce the tax contributions early on but to be made up in the latter years.

We are seeing massive business expansion in all sectors. This is not a temporary fad. All markets of course are cyclical but this growth period is not due to let up for quite some time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts