Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: Another Early Start - GDT 10/6/2013: ATL (Julio TEHERANOSAURUS!) @ LA (Ryu) Game 3

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I think we come out fighting tonight and win the game. Positive thoughts!
    I'll settle for competent defense and putting hitters away with two strikes. If we lose, then whatever. Let's just not embarrass ourselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts
    I think Mrs. Meta should pforever be banned pfrom starting game threads, early, late, or on time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pfiggy For This Useful Post:

Mrs. Meta (10-07-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I feel like the starters are being too careful early in the games. You can't be afraid to give up a run or two even in a playoff game. The team was paying way too much attention to baserunners. Especially since we were up by 2 early.
    thank you weso1!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Mrs. Meta (10-07-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Just remember this was the first postseason series for pretty much the whole team. I like there attitudes of that we are supposed to win and we are going to win. I just think we are going up against a better team playing there best ball right now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dunit24 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (10-07-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason27nc View Post
    Fredi said he was looking at the positives from last night. Saying we didn't give up. What a freaking awful manager. It's ok to say we stunk it up and need to do better. Nothing from that game was positive. It is not June Fredi, it is the playoffs. You can't build on a blowout loss in the playoffs. You can put it behind you and win tonight but I would be willing to bet that will not happen with your idiotic managing style.
    Actually it's smart managing from the school of Bobby Cox. Fredi is not going to publicly criticize his players for getting outplayed. I won't say "never" but it would have to be a very special situation, probably something to do with behavior and not performance.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunit24 View Post
    Just remember this was the first postseason series for pretty much the whole team. I like there attitudes of that we are supposed to win and we are going to win. I just think we are going up against a better team playing there best ball right now.
    Dodgers entered the playoffs colder than us. Now you can say that Hanley is playing the best baseball of the year, but we hit well enough to win yesterday. Our issues have bene our pitching but if you gave Medlen 4 runs through 3 I think it may have been a different game game 1.

Julio blew yesterday. Love the kid it was clearly an outlier start, but not enough blame can be put on him. If we miraculously pull out this series he must be better next series.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (10-07-2013)

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Who's willing to be he doesn't even know that's possible. 'What, you can dl someone and then call someone to replace them? I had no idea' I can see it now. Or he'll give his deer in the headlights look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Fredi needs to DL someone and get Uggla in there.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Ol' Hula is feeling very good about tonight. Very good indeed. We got this.

Game Five at the Ted.....anything can happen.....

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Is this true? And is he on the playoff roster? If yes to both then should he not be dl'd for Uggla if he's not going to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg2309 View Post
    apparently janish has a broken nose from a weight lifting accident....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Apparently it is true, but he says he can play if needed. Not only that, but Schafer has had the flu the whole series and hasn't played.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    DL Schafer then. He and George are redundant.
    Forever Fredi

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Mrs. Meta (10-07-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Shouldn't have both been on there to begin with.

Is it for sure that Nolasco is going tonight? What I'm reading on mlb.com suggested Mattingly may have not ruled out using Kershaw because he doesn't want this thing to go back to Atlanta.

Nolasco has been pretty awful lately. Of course if they just threw Capuano at us, we can go ahead and start booking offseason vacations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    DL Schafer then. He and George are redundant.
    Yup. If Elliot Johnson is starting at 2B tonight, it's a total failure by the coaching and FO to address an issue that MUST be addressed. We have a player who's not pulling his weight offensively or defensively, and unlike guys who aren't doing too well like Jason, Justin, or Mac, has a history of sucking. I could care less if Elliot goes 4-4 tonight and wins us the game, starting him would be a mistake of epic proportions. Janish, Uggla, Gattis, I don't care, someone has to play 2B who's not Elliot Johnson tonight. No one expected him to hit but he's not been a boost in the field either. Might as well start someone who won't hit a lick but should be a boost in the field (Janish) or take a gamble on Uggla he may suck or he may lock in an kick some major ass.

All I know is Elliot Johnson has proven to us that he shouldn't be playing, can the management do their job and address that issue? My guess is no, he'll be playing 2nd and batting 8th tonight as well.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Yup. If Elliot Johnson is starting at 2B tonight, it's a total failure by the coaching and FO to address an issue that MUST be addressed. We have a player who's not pulling his weight offensively or defensively, and unlike guys who aren't doing too well like Jason, Justin, or Mac, has a history of sucking. I could care less if Elliot goes 4-4 tonight and wins us the game, starting him would be a mistake of epic proportions. Janish, Uggla, Gattis, I don't care, someone has to play 2B who's not Elliot Johnson tonight. No one expected him to hit but he's not been a boost in the field either. Might as well start someone who won't hit a lick but should be a boost in the field (Janish) or take a gamble on Uggla he may suck or he may lock in an kick some major ass.

All I know is Elliot Johnson has proven to us that he shouldn't be playing, can the management do their job and address that issue? My guess is no, he'll be playing 2nd and batting 8th tonight as well.
    Elliot Johnson will be in the lineup tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Shouldn't have both been on there to begin with.
    EXACTLY!

I said it before the rosters were announced carrying 3 backup OFs with the same basic skill set was dumb. Should have been Jordan or Georgie, not either. Or leave Bossman and go with Jordan and Georgie, but I would rather have Bossman as a righty and not have to worry about having a too lefty heavy lineup late in games. And that was without me being concerned about Uggla, I would have done it for a pitcher.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Hate to reiterate this again... but boy does it suck to see our Young Guns just suck this series.

After Medlen's mediocrity, Teheran blowing, and Wood not holding it in, it's just disappointing. Starting pitching has been a constant all year for us, and it's let us down majorly.

If either one of them pitch a quality start by definition (5 ip 3 ER), then we're looking at a different series.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Hate to reiterate this again... but boy does it suck to see our Young Guns just suck this series.

After Medlen's mediocrity, Teheran blowing, and Wood not holding it in, it's just disappointing. Starting pitching has been a constant all year for us, and it's let us down majorly.

If either one of them pitch a quality start by definition (5 ip 3 ER), then we're looking at a different series.
    Wood can't really get blamed, he was brought into high pressure mop up and his error (not necessarily his pitching) did him in.

Remove Crawford and presume the results stay the same (risky presumption I know) Hanley is stranded on third, next inning you let up 2 run on the Uribe homer but 8-4 is still better than 10-4. If Wood came in from relief and went 3 giving up 2 runs that wouldn't be the worst.

Hopefulyl our bats wake up do some damage against Nolasco and Julio is given a shot a redemption next series.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    If we make it to the NLCS, I hope they just go ahead and put Downs on the roster, and put Wood in the rotation.

Use Garcia as the long man if you need.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    If we make it to the NLCS, I hope they just go ahead and put Downs on the roster, and put Wood in the rotation.

Use Garcia as the long man if you need.
    Wood should never have been a reliever anyway. If he was closer like Waino was for the Cards then fine, but he's not even our 8th inning man. His usage so far has been as a long man in game 3 and game 1 as the man in the 7th when we were down 6-1. He's not been used in a high leverage truly situation yet. Yesterday was his most high leverage use and we were trailing. That's what guys like Freddy Garcia or Hale should be used for as burners in games that are out of control.

Garcia better pitch lights out today or Imma be on the Fire Fredi bangwagon full-bore. Because of his insistence on turds like Garcia and Elliot Johnson this year.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (10-07-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Yup. If Elliot Johnson is starting at 2B tonight, it's a total failure by the coaching and FO to address an issue that MUST be addressed.
    Elliot Johnson??? He's just a scapegoat. For the umpteenth time he wasn't supposed to do anything by play solid defense and maybe get on base a few times. If Uggla had the same stat line people would be ready to burn him at the stake along with Fredi for playing him.

The truth is our starting pitching has let us down and we're being beaten by a better team.  We can get right back in it with a win tonight.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

NYCBrave (10-07-2013)