After a relatively mild start to December round here (basically every day was above the average) it's too damned cold out now. I'm tired of it being negative double digit lows every day. This **** is supposed to happen in February. I understand this has something to do with the arctic jet stream around alaska moving up or something. Anyway **** it. This is February cold in December, I'm not ready for this. And weather projections aren't anticipating a breakup anytime soon.

The scary part for my neck of the woods is that they're talking about a breakup leading to a mild winter later, which could be devastating for the ski industry. Nothing sucks harder than mild winters. Last winter was a great winter for skiing, but the year before was miserable with mountains burning all their cash reserves to keep the people who booked their trips to stay.

Anyway, long story short, it's too cold, I want a normal winter. So far in New Hampshire I'm like 1 for 5 in normal winters, first 2 were super cold (thanks to the Arctic Blob) the next one was a super mild el nino winter, then last year was pretty fantastic.