Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jefferson Beauregard Sessions the Third.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions the Third.

https://apnews.com/19f6bfec15a74733b40eaf0ff9162bfa

The AP is reporting that Sessions will announce that he has rescinded the Obama policy of not going after legal pot in states that have legalized it. I know yall probably think this would upset me but I cant buy weed legally anyways. This isnt going to work out the way Sessions thinks it will and if we get federal cops raiding state legal pot users/sellers that **** will be all over the media. When people see raids like the one I posted below it will only accelerate the legalization process.

I dont want to hear any sympathy for any federal cops harmed in any of these actions. They have a choice to quit instead of violently attacking innocent people. If a group of citizens decide to shoot them to protect their local marijuana dispensary they will be completely justified.

Nothing says "good guys" like wearing masks, pointing assault rifles at cancer patients trying to get medicine, and smashing security cameras. Wouldnt want people to hear them talk about punching a one legged old lady in her nub.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 01-04-2018 at 11:36 AM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    “You want to know what this was really all about,” Ehrlichman, who died in 1999, said in the interview after Baum asked him about Nixon’s harsh anti-drug policies.

“The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying,” Ehrlichman continued.

“We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

Senior Nixon aide John Erlichman, 1994.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-03-2018), jpx7 (01-05-2018), Runnin (01-05-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I was curious how Trump supporters would respond to this. This might be the first issue where I see a significant portion of the Trump base openly crotisize the Trump administration. There's a clear attempt to redirect their anger away from Sessions as some are trying to say they should blame Congress for not legalizing it instea of Sessions enforcing laws. I hope they call it the Emancipation Proclamation 2.0.

It looks to me like the Trump base are going to push for Congress to end federal prohibition. Not exactly how I predicted this all to go down but I did say Sessions ramping up the war on pot would have a rubber band effect and speed up federal legalization.

If they legalize marijuana not only will I vote and donate to Trump but I will rejoin the Republican party. I don't care if the 2020 Democrat is pro legalization, democrats had 8 ****ing years to do this and they did not even try. Whatever party is on the wrong side of history here will forever be dead to me.

It’s over."

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I was curious how Trump supporters would respond to this. This might be the first issue where I see a significant portion of the Trump base openly crotisize the Trump administration. There's a clear attempt to redirect their anger away from Sessions as some are trying to say they should blame Congress for not legalizing it instea of Sessions enforcing laws. I hope they call it the Emancipation Proclamation 2.0.

It looks to me like the Trump base are going to push for Congress to end federal prohibition. Not exactly how I predicted this all to go down but I did say Sessions ramping up the war on pot would have a rubber band effect and speed up federal legalization.

If they legalize marijuana not only will I vote and donate to Trump but I will rejoin the Republican party. I don't care if the 2020 Democrat is pro legalization, democrats had 8 ****ing years to do this and they did not even try. Whatever party is on the wrong side of history here will forever be dead to me.
    Judging by Trump's previous words, stance on most issues, etc., you have to think (or I do anyway) that he doesn't give a crap one way or the other about pot and would seem to be the type to say let the states regulate it or just flat out legalize it across the board. So why has he gone along with Sessions hard line draconian stance on the legalization of pot? Does he owe Sessions some sort of debt to let him call the shots on this? Is he just letting the demand for legalization build up to the "tipping point", or is he trying to get people so ramped up for legalization that they'll go along with a plan to legalize it as long as a GMO or 2 or 3 get to run the production and distribution stuff so they'll be able to claim most of the profits? Or is it something else entirely?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-05-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    My view on this is similar to my view on the 2nd Amendment, or immigration law. If you don't like it, change the law. But deciding whether or not it should be enforced is absurd. It's federal law, so of course Sessions should be enforcing it. Don't get mad at him for doing what the AGs of the previous administration should have been doing all along.

(For what it's worth, I think this should clearly be up to the states.)
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    There are a lot of arcane laws on the books that have never been repealed. Do you think cops should be digging into 1800s laws that were never repealed to enforce? Its the law right? In Pennsylvania if your traveling through rural Pennsylvania at night you have to stop every mile and send up a rocket signal. Should we send SWAT teams to bust people committing the vicious crime of not sending up rocket signals every mile at night?

I am glad this happening, almost everywhere I go I see "dont blame them for enforcing the law, instead lets change the law and legalize it". Good. Now lets hold your elected officials accountable to that. Thing is many people have introduced legislation to end federal prohibition of marijuana but it always gets killed before even reaching the floor by bought and paid for congressmen. The media barely covers it when it happens and its usually a comedy news show that covers it. Now that this is front page news its time to get legalization legislation to a vote so we can get all the congressmen on record. Once we find out who the NO votes are the growing pot lobbyist groups can fund pro legalization candidates to replace them. Once the weed market gets big enough for the pot lobbyists to out bribe big pharma, police/prison unions, and the beer companies its all down hill from there. As people say, once the government gets a hold of that tax money they will fight tooth and nail to keep that revenue stream.

I would love to see a Governor with the balls to tie all police funding to the tax from legal pot sales and all civil asset forfeiture money goes to small business loans for new legal pot shops. Go ahead Police Chief, **** with the legal weed market and maybe we dont have the money to fund your pension now. Oops. Pot shop getting robbed? You better get your ass down there like its a donut shop because those robbers are taking your paycheck.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 01-06-2018 at 07:02 AM.

It’s over."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-06-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Sessions needs to go. To devote needed resources to a foolish cause like this proves his incompetence.
    Natural Immunity Croc

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-06-2018), Oklahomahawk (01-06-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I am glad this happening, almost everywhere I go I see "dont blame them for enforcing the law, instead lets change the law and legalize it". Good. Now lets hold your elected officials accountable to that. Thing is many people have introduced legislation to end federal prohibition of marijuana but it always gets killed before even reaching the floor by bought and paid for congressmen.
    Which is really how the system is supposed to work. We've become accustomed to congressional busybodies passing tons of laws to look good and reward supporters, but the bill to law process was designed to make passing laws difficult. There should be overwhelming support or need for anything that becomes a law.

Obama made it clear to states that his administration wouldn't enforce the law, but we've gone from full Democrat control of the federal government all the way to full Republican control, and at no point has there been enough support to get marijuana legalization through.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Sessions needs to go. To devote needed resources to a foolish cause like this proves his incompetence.
    I am no fan of Jeff Sessions, I don't think he ever should have been given this job, and I think he has done more harm to the Trump administration than anyone else besides Trump himself. But I'm shaking my head at all the law and order guys who are coming after him now that he's enforcing a law they happen to not like.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I am no fan of Jeff Sessions, I don't think he ever should have been given this job, and I think he has done more harm to the Trump administration than anyone else besides Trump himself. But I'm shaking my head at all the law and order guys who are coming after him now that he's enforcing a law they happen to not like.
    But there are thousands of laws. To devote resources to a 'crime ' that doesn't harm anyone is inefficient.
    Natural Immunity Croc

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-06-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Glad to see yall aboard. Good news is there is a bill to end federal prohibition of marijuana just sitting in committee with 15 cosponsors. Its not that people arent trying, its that it keeps getting buried. Like you said the people have to tell Congress enough is enough and we get a chance in the 2018 mid terms. If your local officials arent pro legalization send them a message by voting accordingly. If there is one thing politicians care about more than anything its getting reelected. That it has not come up for a vote is not an excuse, the people who say this are the ones who block it from coming to a vote in the first place. Its a circular trick they have been using to pull the wool over the peoples eyes.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/1227

It’s over."

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Glad to see yall aboard. Good news is there is a bill to end federal prohibition of marijuana just sitting in committee with 15 cosponsors. Its not that people arent trying, its that it keeps getting buried. Like you said the people have to tell Congress enough is enough and we get a chance in the 2018 mid terms. If your local officials arent pro legalization send them a message by voting accordingly. If there is one thing politicians care about more than anything its getting reelected. That it has not come up for a vote is not an excuse, the people who say this are the ones who block it from coming to a vote in the first place. Its a circular trick they have been using to pull the wool over the peoples eyes.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/1227

Well, anyone who has checked can tell you that things like "better background checks for people buying firearms" have been tried and buried in committee, most likely by the NRA. I'm not talking about radical gutting the 2nd amendment stuff, just better and more thorough background checks. I wonder who stands to gain from keeping pot illegal, which was the intent of my original question?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    But there are thousands of laws. To devote resources to a 'crime ' that doesn't harm anyone is inefficient.
    Doesn’t ‘harm’ anyone. Other than the people who are shot, killed and robbed over money for weed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Doesn’t ‘harm’ anyone. Other than the people who are shot, killed and robbed over money for weed.
    Doyou have evidence of this or is this what you feel because you've been told weed was bad your whole life?
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Doyou have evidence of this or is this what you feel because you've been told weed was bad your whole life?
    You ever see the great show on A&e called ‘the first 48’? it deals with detectives trying to close murders within the first 48. Shootings over weed have been the cause of murders at least 33 percent on that show. Weed causes a lot of crime in the inner cities. Traphouses, robberies, etc. drugs are the main currency in the inner cities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    You ever see the great show on A&e called ‘the first 48’? it deals with detectives trying to close murders within the first 48. Shootings over weed have been the cause of murders at least 33 percent on that show. Weed causes a lot of crime in the inner cities. Traphouses, robberies, etc. drugs are the main currency in the inner cities.
    You could substitue alcohol for weed and it would be the same thing if alcohol was illegal. The only reason that statement is true is because of a social construct whereby marijuana is deemed unfavorable. There are many substances that are worse for you than weed and yet they are legal.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    You could substitue alcohol for weed and it would be the same thing if alcohol was illegal. The only reason that statement is true is because of a social construct whereby marijuana is deemed unfavorable. There are many substances that are worse for you than weed and yet they are legal.
    That’s life. Cocaine and meth had more valid uses than weed does. Shouldn’t we legalize those first?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    That’s life. Cocaine and meth had more valid uses than weed does. Shouldn’t we legalize those first?

Yes, they should be legal. If we spent as much money on drug rehabilitation as we did incarcerating it would make a noticeable difference. This has played out in Portugal over the last 17 years. In 2001 almost 1% of the population was addicted to heroin. They beat that epidemic by decriminilizing. We can play all these semantic word games and pretend to be tough law and order people but every day these policies are allowed to continue people are losing their lives. Every day we sit around and do nothing more people get victimized. For evil to prevail it takes a lot of good people doing nothing and I don't care who you are but locking up people for victimless crimes is evil. This concept that drug users might someday commit a crime against someone so they need to be preemptively locked up is not justice.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 01-06-2018 at 06:02 PM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

Propaganda at its finest. A study comes out showing pot is one of the safest recreational drugs and Fox's coverage is having a jackass doctor come on the show and lie his ass off with no guest to defend the study or even any of the hosts asking a competent question of the propaganda doctor. This is the kind of **** that needs to be investigated imo. How much and by who were they paid to run that smear job? I would be real interested to hear what conversation went on in pre production about this segment.

Heres Hannity hosting a clown show panel on marijuana.

Let me bullet point the insanity of the prohibitionists on this panel.

- "it both raises and lowers blood pressure" some doctor....I guess he cant say it just does one of the two or it might be considered medicine.

- Sean picks out a young female and she blames Rhianna and Miley Cyrus for making pot smoking cool. really? Then she says she went to college with a bunch of pot smokers who didnt go to class and skipped tests. So I guess her solution is to put them in prison so they cant go to classes or skip tests.......

- the irony of a hollywood gossip reporter calling pot smokers worthless is not lost on me.

- Sean says the only 2 succesful pot heads he has ever met was Cheech and Chong..... the token black man yells out "snoop dog" and Hannity ignores him. lol.

- Another woman is now talking about 2 deaths that might be linked to marijuana. A man who jumped to his death after eating too much edible pot and another man who says he killed his wife after hallucinating on edible pot. These are two cases out of probably billions of times people got high and the wife killing was back in 2014. What they dont tell you is he was also taking too much prescription pills at the time too. Maybe the man jumped to his death because of the edible. I have tried edibles and taken too much at once and it gave me a full body high that I wanted to go away because it was that strong.... but I also could barely move.

And just for ****s and giggles I thought this was hilarious.

Last edited by cajunrevenge; 01-07-2018 at 07:42 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    http://www.9news.com/news/police-dru...uana/490179957

One of the best signs that legalization is inevitable is that police are training their drug sniffing dogs to ignore marijuana now. All the dogs trained to find marijuana will have to be retired because they cant untrain them. The whole k9 search program is bull**** to begin with anyways. Handlers know how to manipulate the dog and manipulate camera angles to falsely claim positive alerts. I cant tell you how many times I have seen cops take a dog around a car and it doesnt alert then as soon as they get out of the camera angle they claim it alerted. Numerous studies show drug dogs often alert because it makes their handler happy. No records are kept showing how often a dog alerts and no drugs are found because it would make them look bad if there was a record that 60% of alerts were false. I dont know what the actual % is because they dont keep those records on purpose.

It’s over."