Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    In the Braves system?

Allard
    Fried
    Wentz
    Davidson

Forgot about Fried as I don't even consider him a prospect anymore.
    I would flipflop Fried and Wentz
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I would flipflop Fried and Wentz
    Can't get behind that. Frieds velocity spiked at the end of last year. I just hope the nagging injuries are not a harbinger of things to come.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Didn’t really see it posted, but Luiz Gohara got to camp Wednesday with a heavy heart. His father literally passed away in his arms back in December. What’s worse is they were unable to identity the cause of death. Very sad for him.
    Get off my lawn!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Tell yourself whatever it takes haha.

The rest of the world lumps you all together in one huge lump of poor, toothless, Bible thumping, monument loving, sister humping fat asses.
    This says far more about those outside the South than it does those inside it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This says far more about those outside the South than it does those inside it.
    Statistics support those generalizations.

And yes, I realize facts don’t matter in red states, so spare me the “alternative facts” response that immediately popped into your head.

The rest of the country is eagerly awaiting you guys to start clamoring for secession again. We will shout “good riddance” in unison.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 02-16-2018 at 03:39 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    We got a new "best shape of his life" story....Aaron Blair showed up to camp 40 lbs lighter
    Get off my lawn!

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

And yes, I realize facts don’t matter in red states, so spare me the “alternative facts” response that immediately popped into your head.

The rest of the country is eagerly awaiting you guys to start clamoring for secession again. We will shout “good riddance” in unison.
    I think this is one of the only things that I disagree with you on. Not the validity of the generalizations, if you are speaking in relative terms there is certainly truth to it. But just the purpose of pointing it out as a source of derision. It seems to me that if I had that impression of a certain region, the last thing I would want to do is lampoon it and cause that group to crawl further into its regressive bubble. It just seems like if there are problems that need addressing, then using those problems as a source of parody is quite a regressive thing to do. Maybe the south is beyond the threshold of redemption in your eyes, but I certainly don't see it that way.

I don't know, perhaps it is the fact that I am from the most derided state of all, but don't see myself as falling into the categories you prescribed. Well, not all of them lol. I'm not really offended, I just don't think I see the purpose behind it. Oh well, people disagree. Its nbd

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-17-2018)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    The south is amazing. I hope to move there from DC at some point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    The South is quirky and has it's problems but it's ok my book. I enjoy visiting.

"I am your retribution."

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    The South is quirky and has it's problems but it's ok my book. I enjoy visiting.
    Yeah I've lived in the South, all over California, and Alaska. I like the South just fine. Mostly really good people. I do prefer living in Alaska, but that has more to do with me being hot natured than anything else. The weather down here really gets to me. But I enjoy a lot of the culture. I would rather go to a college football tailgate over some weird festival in Sebastapol, CA any day.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,319 Posts

You really are a dumb ****. The south being the fattest is a myth that I've shown you before not to be true.
    Last edited by Garmel; 02-17-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    First, in my job I travel the whole Country -CA to NY, FL to AK, TX to ND. I lived for 3 years in Hawaii. There's not a thimble full of real difference between any of the people overall.

If you want to find real difference, travel the world. There are many Sh*thole Countries (it's funny to me that they all started coming out of the woodwork to dispute the title even though they weren't specifically named). I've been to many.

Even the so called progressive European countries as promoted by the likes of Michael Moore, can't hold a candle to the most backward US State. Ask yourself how, why and at what cost (not just monetary) when they start talking about all the things the Danes or Swedes have that Mississippian's don't.

Division's in this Country are perpetuated by those who profit from it, firstly by the 25 different media and news outlets that need something to talk about else go extinct.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Horsehide Harry For This Useful Post:

Freshmaker (02-20-2018), Garmel (02-17-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    First, in my job I travel the whole Country -CA to NY, FL to AK, TX to ND. I lived for 3 years in Hawaii. There's not a thimble full of real difference between any of the people overall.
    I've lived in the north and I've lived in the south and I've come to the same conclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I'm just going to say it - Braves will be in the WC play in game this year!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Speaking from someone that has lived in NY his whole life I can sure as **** tell you that the people down South are better human beings.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Garmel (02-17-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Yeah I've lived in the South, all over California, and Alaska. I like the South just fine. Mostly really good people. I do prefer living in Alaska, but that has more to do with me being hot natured than anything else. The weather down here really gets to me. But I enjoy a lot of the culture. I would rather go to a college football tailgate over some weird festival in Sebastapol, CA any day.
    I have to say though the Garlic Festival in Gilroy is special.

"I am your retribution."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-17-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,698 Posts
    Why would an anti-south guy like the Braves? Braves’ baseball is about as southern as it gets... well besides the SEC (no, not the security one lol)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Mad Dog Murph's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    241 Posts
    I am mostly a reader on these boards.....for the last several years.....but I remember when I got the PM on the old board that you were setting up this nice little place to escape the **** show that it had become. Sadly, this place is well on its way to surpassing it. Thanks to about 3-5 people that you allow to ruin your topics on a daily, sometimes hourly basis, has really turned me off. The ignorance and bigotry that exist here is quite disturbing. Feel free to carry on, me and my whopping 100 some odd posts will not be missed.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad Dog Murph For This Useful Post:

buck75 (02-17-2018), mfree80 (02-17-2018)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I have to say though the Garlic Festival in Gilroy is special.
    They can definitely be fun. I had a lot of fun at the Gravenstein Apple Festival and the Fisherman's Festival in Bodega Bay. But I would take a huge tailgating party any day of the week lol. Especially with all the sorority girls around. I like how they are all sorority "sisters" so I can pretend that I'm hitting on my sist.... Maybe Enscheff is actually right about us!!!