Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball America Top 100 Released

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    This all day. I’ve said all along that those 3 are untouchable but anybody else is up for grabs for Yelich.
    Yup. Acuna is obviously one of the top 3 prospects in baseball depending on what you value and Gohara and Wright are 1a and 1b for Braves pitching prospects and imo the 2 with the best shot at being top of the rotation guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Yup. Acuna is obviously one of the top 3 prospects in baseball depending on what you value and Gohara and Wright are 1a and 1b for Braves pitching prospects and imo the 2 with the best shot at being top of the rotation guys.
    Yep and we can’t abandon the rebuild and trade the best 3 guys of the bunch for 1 player. We should have enough ammo from the other prospects and some of the mlb guys to get a deal done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I think Jaw was referring to Anderson when saying that "anything above the low 90s seemed to consistently sail high." The only thing he mentioned about Wentz was that "the guy has an 'it' factor."
    Yep. I'll be shocked if Anderson amounts to much, and disappointed if Wentz doesn't have a nice career.

But I also wanted to lock up Francoeur long term and was sure Kyle Davies would turn the corner. I won't pretend to be able to scout anything by judgement, but I can say based on facts that when I saw Anderson, he went high and wild when he threw hard.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I hate to hate on maitan, but I will feel much better if he never amounts to much
    Hey, are you going to be at the MSU/USM series to open the college season? I live in Hattiesburg and will probably be going to that. Baseball America just came out with their rankings and this is the first time in a while that USM has been ranked in the preseason, so I'm fairly hyped for the season.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Law released his top 50. Anderson at 48, Wright at 26, and Acuna at number 1!!.... Acuna may end up being the consensus #1 overall. I'm really surprised that he left Allard off the list and put names like Wentz, Touki, and Wilson on there. I definitely think Allard took a step back, but I would still have him above all three of those guys.

Edit: He also has Gohara at 50. I'm not sure if he released that ranking yesterday or today
    Last edited by BeanieAntics; 01-23-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Law released his top 50. Anderson at 48, Wright at 26, and Acuna at number 1!!.... Acuna may end up being the consensus #1 overall. I'm really surprised that he left Allard off the list and put names like Wentz, Touki, and Wilson on there. I definitely think Allard took a step back, but I would still have him above all three of those guys.
    There will still be some that prefer Guerreor Jr and Ohtani. Of the 5 voters for Baseball America's top 100 they all split the #1 overall vote. But that's just splitting hairs. Acuna is clearly viewed as a beast.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    There will still be some that prefer Guerreor Jr and Ohtani. Of the 5 voters for Baseball America's top 100 they all split the #1 overall vote. But that's just splitting hairs. Acuna is clearly viewed as a beast.
    Oh yeah of course. I was just talking about across major publications.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    He had to of forgotten Allard bc nobody but him would put Wentz, Touki, and Wilson in front of Allard.

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts
    So Moniak, Phillies #2 overall pick in 2016, is not even on this top 100 list. I know a lot of disagree about taking Anderson a spot later but damn that's harsh.
    Moniak actually went #1 overall in 2016

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    He had to of forgotten Allard bc nobody but him would put Wentz, Touki, and Wilson in front of Allard.
    in the thread on twitter where he posted this article he says he did not forget Allard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball4life32 View Post
    Moniak actually went #1 overall in 2016
    I never doubted the Anderson pick. My beef was with the meaningless wins that kept us from having the second pick. I wanted Senzel and we should have had him. Once he was gone I was good with Anderson.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    I never doubted the Anderson pick. My beef was with the meaningless wins that kept us from having the second pick. I wanted Senzel and we should have had him. Once he was gone I was good with Anderson.
    Anderson did save us over 2 million in slot money over Senzel. So if we would have picked Senzel we likely could have only had 1 of Wentz, Wilson, Cumberland, and Muller. So I guess the binary would be would you rather have Anderson and those 4, or Senzel and Wentz. I still probably fall in the camp of preferring Senzel.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Anderson did save us over 2 million in slot money over Senzel. So if we would have picked Senzel we likely could have only had 1 of Wentz, Wilson, Cumberland, and Muller. So I guess the binary would be would you rather have Anderson and those 4, or Senzel and Wentz. I still probably fall in the camp of preferring Senzel.
    How much more slot money do you have picking one slot higher.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Allard is still a no doubt top 75 prospect in baseball regardless of who’s list it is. Also Acuna is #1 again on another list. Chipper called him the next Trout and said there’s nothing he doesn’t do great.
    Well if Chipper said so!!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    I don't think the answer to this is even a debate, especially given the benefit of hindsight.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    How much more slot money do you have picking one slot higher.
    Would have had 1.3 more roughly when you add up the other rounds. I am sure Coppy could have swung a few more cars to get everyone signed.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    The consensus seems to be that his fastball isn't very good, and that he was getting away with stuff that flies in the minors but will eventually be an issue in the Majors.

What surprises me is believing in Touki enough to put him in the Top 100 but only having Gohara 50th. You'd think whatever methodology allows you to rank Touki would put Gohara really high.
    It is strange. Especially with Gohara already having mild success in his first stint in the majors. Assuming he stays healthy, I think Gohara has both a high floor and a high ceiling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    It is strange. Especially with Gohara already having mild success in his first stint in the majors. Assuming he stays healthy, I think Gohara has both a high floor and a high ceiling.
    Gohara has concerns with that change. He has weight issues. Klaw has mentioned concern with alcohol and if that crops up with wealth and pressure.

I think Gohara is ranked well at 50.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    I don't think anyone is going to take Anderson, Wentz, Cumberland, Mueller over Senzel and Wentz.

Plus the winning was just dumb to begin with. Even if we would have screwed the pick up and picked Anderson at 2 we would have had a million more to spend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    I think Anderson is going to disappoint a lot of people. There are some legitimate control issues there and I don't think the stuff is quite as high end as you read some places (I think the 92-94 is more accurate than the 95-98). I could easily see him fall into the Matt Wisler mold.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (01-23-2018), Jaw (01-23-2018)