5,781 Posts

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    pure trash human that is devoid of emotions towards anyone that isn't him

remember when this loser and other republicans try to talk **** about using a teleprompter for speeches? he needs a ****ing cheat sheet to know to have emotions to talking to people.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    pure trash human that is devoid of emotions towards anyone that isn't him

remember when this loser and other republicans try to talk **** about using a teleprompter for speeches? he needs a ****ing cheat sheet to know to have emotions to talking to people.
    I love how much the left is freaking out about this. I've done several town halls in my jobs where my company gave me a cheat sheet just like this to remind me to emphasize little phrases.

But it's better to make a big deal about this... bc it matters so much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    pure trash human .
    remember kids... Trump is pure trash but, "what's wrong with Che?"

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You're kidding you self if you don't think the progressive left wants to ban guns. You've even mentioned a scenario of confiscation. So you can spew all of this technicality because of liberal interpretation of the constitution through case law but ultimately there was never an assumption in the 2nd amendment where regulation was ok. And then when you tart with some r elation how much is over regulation where it defies the second amendment. It will be a slow battle ad consistent pushing by the left till guns are illegal.
    OK, so your position is the right to bear arms is absolute and not subject to regulation. That would seem to conflict with some of your previous statements upthread about age restrictions or other regulation of semi-auto rifles.

Please make the case for how zero regulations of firearms and accessories improves the common good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    OK, so your position is the right to bear arms is absolute and not subject to regulation. That would seem to conflict with some of your previous statements upthread about age restrictions or other regulation of semi-auto rifles.

Please make the case for how zero regulations of firearms and accessories improves the common good.
    My position is that there is no assumption that regulation is intended in the 2nd amendment but I'd be agreeable to items that make sense with a strong debate an rationale as to how this stops actual violence. You however take the potion that regulation is assumed and therefore all regulation is agreeable. I just wish the left would grow a pair and state their intentions. I know it. You know it. We all know the left wants to ban guns. Just grow a sack and ****ing say it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts

Thought we were having a good discussion a few pages back looking at actual data... but unfortunately the emotionalists got back involved and derailed the thread.

Let's get back to the data.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I love how much the left is freaking out about this. I've done several town halls in my jobs where my company gave me a cheat sheet just like this to remind me to emphasize little phrases.

But it's better to make a big deal about this... bc it matters so much
    Anyone criticizing this has never given a speech to more than 5 people in their life. Prepared successful people ensure they remember key topics to discuss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    For someone who is so hung up on appeals to emotion, you seem to have a pretty big blind spot for how the pro-gun constituency is emotionally manipulated.

It's the NRA's whole schtick. You might acknowledge that if you had any interest in intellectual honesty.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-22-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    .[/B]

#GunControlNow
    I asked 57 three times but am sure we won't get a response... so maybe Julio will play ball.

What does gun control now mean? What is the proposal. And how does it stop mass shootings?

I'd also very much like to ask why the left hones in on guns and not, say, alcohol?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Thought we were having a good discussion a few pages back looking at actual data... but unfortunately the emotionalists got back involved and derailed the thread.

Let's get back to the data.
    I'm glad to talk data, because, such as it exists, it supports my position. Why is it, do you think, that the NRA doesn't want the government to study gun violence?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    For someone who is so hung up on appeals to emotion, you seem to have a pretty big blind spot for how the pro-gun constituency is emotionally manipulated.

It's the NRA's whole schtick. You might acknowledge that if you had any interest in intellectual honesty.
    Absolutely. It's the same for abortion.

Republicans aren't immune to emotion.

I'm just reminding people who are celebrating that ****show on CNN that it may not be a winning electoral strategy. There is a lot of momentum to get Trump out of there... and now this whole "ban guns now or you want children to die" campaign will likely be quite a rallying call

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    I'm glad to talk data, because, such as it exists, it supports my position. Why is it, do you think, that the NRA doesn't want the government to study gun violence?
    I dunno... i don't think the NRA is the big scary monster the left claims it is. I'd be curious to see which win a poll of scariest topics between the NRA or Russia!

Anywho... my suspicion is that the NRA isn't interested in studying gun violence because the left uses it to blame the NRA. I'm 100% serious when I say this - but I have seen more criticism of the NRA than the shooter since the Florida tragedy.

But then again, if the NRA has effectively shut down important study, I blame the corrupt politicians for allowing it to happen. I'd like to do something about that, but as you've reminded me many times, we're not quite ready for unicorns.

Also - I think the NRA is extremely weak on gun rights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Anyone criticizing this has never given a speech to more than 5 people in their life. Prepared successful people ensure they remember key topics to discuss.
    It's hilarious. I've given myself notes on "remember to say back their name"

It's not some heinous act of no empathy... it's simply common practice to ensure you hit the highlights of what matters.

But by all means, let the left freak out about yet another meaningless thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Those are not 'key topics'. They looks like super dumbed down talking points for a person with an inability showing empathy or talking about anything but himself. But I'm glad somebody who knows that wrote them out for him. On the other side: #1. Be nice to these people.

But I found the picture interesting because he has 45 written on his shirt cuff. It that a POTUS thing?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (02-22-2018)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    took longer than usual to bring up abortion somehow when talking about guns

cause you know

they are like similar or something
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    The 2nd Amendment isn't a norm. And it isn't in danger of being overturned.

What part of the 2nd amendment states that Congress doesn't have the power to regulate firearms and their ownership? What does 200 years of case law say about that? You're not arguing Constitutional law, you're arguing policy.

If you mean that the norm being overturned is the status quo that has held that further regulating guns, or gun purchases, or even government study of gun violence is a poltical non-starter, I'd say it was well past time.

The law isn't on your side here. Your position amounts to a toddler's fit of temper that someone wants to take your binky away.
    What would you call all of these protests going on, or really any of the protests that we've seen over the past year and a half, if not a toddler's fit of temper? At least we won't have to send in a cleanup crew when thethe is finished like we will when these "young adults" don't interest CNN's cameras anymore.

And despite all of the lawyer and politician tricks to the contrary over the past couple of centuries, the Bill of Rights says "shall not be infringed." Yes, our government has ignored that to diminish the rights of the peons they rule over but there are no other reasons for that language to be used.
    Last edited by Jaw; 02-22-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    It's a clever move to make the citizenry demand to disarm themselves.
    And to be praised by so called adults for skipping a day of school.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club