Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Violence

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Heh, I remember reading a letter to the editor of a small local paper in 1981 from some lady in her 80s or 90s that claimed Reagan was the beast from Revelations because his forename, middle name, and surname all had six letters.

If she'd posted that on Facebook, it'd have been seen by millions of eyes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowman For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (08-12-2019)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    This would be funnier if it weren't so sad.

They tallied 23 of them.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It's hardly a new thing, either. In one poll, nearly 50% of New Yorkers said they believed Dubya was involved in 9/11. Something like a third of Americans believe in secret plans for a New World Order, that Obama's birth certificate was fake, and that the government created and spread AIDS. Around a quarter believe Obama killed Scalia and that the moon landing was faked. Nearly 10% believe the world is secretly controlled by lizard aliens wearing human skins, FFS. The big difference social media has made is the way it's allowed hostile actors to purposefully create and propagate this stuff and easily reach a wide, gullible audience.
    You came to this website very recently, but I wish you were here when sturg and thethe were running wild with the Seth Rich stuff.
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Wow. I didn't know I said the entire population.

But you're the one being naive if you underestimate how viral these things are spread and how easily they can influence the already confirmation biased individuals.

Viral trends pop up on social media everyday. There's always a new challenge of some sort every week. People changing their profile pictures to a transparent background of the French flag, pitch black to protest police brutality, etc. Yet you can't possibly comprehend the fact that middle aged and older people who can't tell the difference between a real photo and a 5 minute photoshop won't have their opinions influenced by several of these low rate memes.

And for someone who's always paranoid about how social media and Facebook are so big now they're doing the government's work on a facial database for them, I find it ironic you truly do not believe how much social media can affect not just the average person's psyche but anyone.

I mean look how obsessed you are with the left on this website, and taking shots at anything any liberal or progressive does.

You make fun of 57 for posting tweets, and you probably hyperlink as many tweets he does on here, all in the name of trying to pwn libs.
    I got off facebook years ago.

Probably why I didnt fall for the Russia nonsense

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    This would be funnier if it weren't so sad.

They tallied 23 of them.
    I remember all of these but the Scarborough one. The Clinton aide, Vince Foster? Limbaugh started that one back in the 90s. He claimed Foster had shot himself in the park, while standing on a chair he'd brought from his office, while holding the gun upside down with his thumb on the trigger and his arm cocked out and twisted in an impossible manner to bring the barrel to his temple while holding it that way, and that because none of that made sense, he had to have been murdered. The facts, of course, were that none of that made sense because none of it was true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I got off facebook years ago.

Probably why I didnt fall for the Russia nonsense
    what propaganda?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I remember all of these but the Scarborough one. The Clinton aide, Vince Foster? Limbaugh started that one back in the 90s. He claimed Foster had shot himself in the park, while standing on a chair he'd brought from his office, while holding the gun upside down with his thumb on the trigger and his arm cocked out and twisted in an impossible manner to bring the barrel to his temple while holding it that way, and that because none of that made sense, he had to have been murdered. The facts, of course, were that none of that made sense because none of it was true.
    Not sure if it was Foster or Seth Rich DNC/Clinton Aide.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Last year I ran into someone (in a southern city) who went on and on about Hillary having killed Vince Foster. Apparently the belief lingers.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I stock up on guns because of the Zombie Apocalypse.
    Ivermectin Man

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I stock up on guns because of the Zombie Apocalypse.
    There's a gun shop near me that was advertising a sale on guns for the zombie apoc a few years ago (on their sign by the road, one of those flashing arrow signs you put the letters on?). Dead serious. I've always hoped/assumed it was a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    There's a gun shop near me that was advertising a sale on guns for the zombie apoc a few years ago (on their sign by the road, one of those flashing arrow signs you put the letters on?). Dead serious. I've always hoped/assumed it was a joke.
    It is.
    Ivermectin Man

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    It is.
    Did you ever watch Doomsday Preppers series on Nat Geo a few years ago?

I can't believe I DVR'd that series. It was wild. Random couple in middle of nowhere Oklahoma preparing for a nukular attack/terrorist EMP attack spent 5 years learning Mandarin, Arabic, and Tagalog as an alternate language so incase some people broke into their bunker or house they could communicate in another language and the bad guys wouldn't know what they're saying. Even showed the cameras their tactical blueprint for defending their fortress. Several guns in every room/hiding spots.

Then all the other couples buying the nukular silos and turning them into underground luxury condos for the apocalypse.
    Forever Fredi

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Even showed the cameras their tactical blueprint for defending their fortress

That is some damned poor strategery right there.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    That is some damned poor strategery right there.
    Yeah. The survivalists showing their bunker set ups and back up plans was a bit much. Like thanks Tom and Delores. When **** hits the fan I know to find you in Nebraska somewhere and just take your retreat away from you.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I bet people thought Bert Gummer were crazy in those Tremors movies, but when the **** hit the fan where did they go? Bert's house.

That and he was married to Reba. I'd have gone there too.
    Ivermectin Man

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I bet people thought Bert Gummer were crazy in those Tremors movies, but when the **** hit the fan where did they go? Bert's house.

That and he was married to Reba. I'd have gone there too.
    Always was more on Team Earl than Team Val.
    Forever Fredi

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Last year I ran into someone (in a southern city) who went on and on about Hillary having killed Vince Foster. Apparently the belief lingers.
    No question living in far SW VA the famed "Clinton Hit List" still exists. I have a friend that runs a local business and I try and give her trade when I can. She is sweet, kind, attractive and very personable. But she is beyond crazy when it comes to the Clintons. She used to lecture me when I would go in that I was sinning just by voting for Dems and headed for Hell if I didn't switch. I am positive the next time I see her she will bring up Epstein and supposed Clinton involvement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Did you ever watch Doomsday Preppers series on Nat Geo a few years ago?

I can't believe I DVR'd that series. It was wild. Random couple in middle of nowhere Oklahoma preparing for a nukular attack/terrorist EMP attack spent 5 years learning Mandarin, Arabic, and Tagalog as an alternate language so incase some people broke into their bunker or house they could communicate in another language and the bad guys wouldn't know what they're saying. Even showed the cameras their tactical blueprint for defending their fortress. Several guns in every room/hiding spots.

Then all the other couples buying the nukular silos and turning them into underground luxury condos for the apocalypse.
    No.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I met real life preppers who use zombies as a metaphor for people who are unprepared. The idea is that those people will be stumbling around dumb, unprepared, and nothing to eat but each other. It's an interesting mindset.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    You came to this website very recently, but I wish you were here when sturg and thethe were running wild with the Seth Rich stuff.
    the question i always have is whether Trump, sturg and thethe are among the gaslit or the gaslighters

i suppose it is a bit of both
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."